Entering Bad Month of August Trading

iMusingKiMi

Sergeant
Have anyone notice that August is the worst month in Summer for trading? Historically in 15 years statistic and research, August is the toughest month in trading. This is because everywhere having their summer holiday breaks, therefore we will have some low volume as well in month of August. Let me know what's your point of view and share with us if you can trade successfully in August.:cool:

It is just a start of the month, right now I can't say anything about this. Currently these 2 days of trading are great for me. Already have 400+ floating green pips. My target are 100 - 180 pips per pair as I trade long term. Lets see how it goes further into the month.

I have a Monsoon here :p

For your information let me give you some details :p

When is the monsoon season in India?
Monsoon or rainy season, lasting from July to September. The season is dominated by the humid southwest summer monsoon, which slowly sweeps across the country beginning in late May or early June. Monsoon rains begin to recede from North India at the beginning of October. South India typically receives more rainfall.

I have a Monsoon here :p

For your information let me give you some details :p

When is the monsoon season in India?
Monsoon or rainy season, lasting from July to September. The season is dominated by the humid southwest summer monsoon, which slowly sweeps across the country beginning in late May or early June. Monsoon rains begin to recede from North India at the beginning of October. South India typically receives more rainfall.

Nice reason for this maybe, LoL. But as I know, European or the West is having their Summer Holiday. Therefore, a lot of big boys travelling during August and we cannot see high volume on these days. Maybe this is the reason for the market to be tough. Even back to 15 years figures, we still can see that August is the worst month in trading.

It is just a start of the month, right now I can't say anything about this. Currently these 2 days of trading are great for me. Already have 400+ floating green pips. My target are 100 - 180 pips per pair as I trade long term. Lets see how it goes further into the month.

That's a good results. EUR/USD currently caught in a range of less than 80 pips since entering the month. Keep up the good work, mate.

You cannot count "floating green pips" as your achievement. The next day these 400 can either increase to 600 or they can reduce to 150 or 200. Only count the pips that are visible in your history column which you have booked after closing of your position.

You cannot count "floating green pips" as your achievement. The next day these 400 can either increase to 600 or they can reduce to 150 or 200. Only count the pips that are visible in your history column which you have booked after closing of your position.

Good point. 400 pips floating means they are still on the table. We don't know what it might happen next unless we have take it away from the table.

Back