EUR/USD Daily Video, 19 October, 2016

Sive Morten

Special Consultant to the FPA
Good morning,

We continue to discuss tactical questions on retracement and reaching of 1.0930 target:

The technical portion of Sive's analysis owes a great deal to Joe DiNapoli's methods, and uses a number of Joe's proprietary indicators. Please note that Sive's analysis is his own view of the market and is not endorsed by Joe DiNapoli or any related companies.

Lets see the effect of the ECB/Draghi speech today ( looks to be a non event but you never know)

Well, it was really fast, but everything in place - retracement has happened, target has been hit. Now we're on a way to 1.09 and its breakout.
Wow Sive, you are the best.... It's true but too fast for me for enter short.

Well, it was really fast, but everything in place - retracement has happened, target has been hit. Now we're on a way to 1.09 and its breakout.

Hi Sive,

The ECB failed to unveil any new stimulus. Draghi didn’t cut interest rates or expand/extend the ECB’s current QE program.
Not only did the ECB fail to announce new policies, but Draghi revealed during his Q&A session that ECB members didn’t even discuss extending the ECB’s current QE program beyond March 17 2017. So I come to expect an end of the ECB QE.

One look at the charts with QE announces tells that massive moves follow (about 20% )

What are your thoughts on this ?

Hi Sive,

The ECB failed to unveil any new stimulus. Draghi didn’t cut interest rates or expand/extend the ECB’s current QE program.
Not only did the ECB fail to announce new policies, but Draghi revealed during his Q&A session that ECB members didn’t even discuss extending the ECB’s current QE program beyond March 17 2017. So I come to expect an end of the ECB QE.

One look at the charts with QE announces tells that massive moves follow (about 20% )

What are your thoughts on this ?

Hi Leo,
currently information background is very poor. Taking in consideration Brexit, personal consumption in EU and inflation, I probably would bet on QE continuation. May be not in the same amount, but some kind of QE probably should hold for longer time... But this is just my personal sense.

Back