FOREX PRO WEEKLY, May 23-27, 2016

Hi,
good stuff on Quarterly JPY, totally agree. But on CAD/GBP this is probably not B&B - it's poor thrust down.

Hi,

Though thıs weekly thrust has some consolıdatıon in between which makes it weaker type; I gave it a try at daily XOP.

GBPCAD_Daily_27_Nov_15_25_May_16.jpg

Stop placed to breakeven. Trade is in 200 pips profit. We have strong DP on sell sıgnals at lower tımeframes. Targets are as belows.

GBPCAD_ex_t.jpg

Good morning,

(Reuters) The yen surged on Thursday, taking some of the wind out of the sails of the recently buoyant dollar and prompting investors to cover positions against a backdrop of potential event risks, including a speech by Federal Reserve chief Janet Yellen.

The dollar earlier had stuck close to recent ranges, as investors looked for Yellen to provide clues on Friday as to whether a U.S. rate increase is imminent, and awaited clarity from Japan on whether it would press ahead with planned sales tax hike next year.

Then a sudden spike in the yen in relatively illiquid conditions triggered stop-loss orders and brought the Japanese currency as low as 109.42 per dollar from a session high of 110.235. It was last at 109.69, down 0.4 percent.

"The sudden move shows how jumpy everyone is," said a trader at a foreign bank in Tokyo.

Some market participants mentioned an interview with Masatsugu Asakawa, Japan's vice-minister of finance for international affairs, who told the Financial Times that direct currency intervention will remain in the ministry's toolbox.

Other traders, who did not see any fresh trading catalysts, said they were forced to buy back the Japanese unit as it rapidly shot up against other currency pairs as well as the dollar.

The euro slipped 0.2 percent to 122.70 yen EURJPY= after tumbling as low as 122.25 from a session high of 122.93. The Australian dollar was down 0.3 percent at 79.05 yen AUDJPY= after sliding to 78.49 from a high of 79.31.

While Japanese officials have publicly railed against the yen's rapid appreciation to 18-month highs earlier this month, some economic policymakers have told Reuters they are not so worried that the yen will derail efforts to revive exports and the economy.

In addition to talk of currency intervention, investors have been eager for any developments about the timing of Japan's sales tax increase.

Japanese Finance Minister Taro Aso said on Wednesday that he told his G7 counterparts at a finance leaders' meeting last week that Japan will raise the tax as planned. But he did not say whether that meant Japan has officially pledged to the international community that it will go ahead with the increase.

Japan's top government spokesman on Wednesday denied a newspaper report that Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is likely to delay the sales tax hike now scheduled for next year.

"You have conflicting opinions coming out of the same government, and I think that's creating some noise in the market," said Jennifer Vail, head of fixed-income research at U.S. Bank Wealth Management in Portland, Oregon.

"Anytime you have conflicting major players in the market place, it creates confusion, and I think the yen will likely struggle without clarity on whether they're going to delay the sales tax hike," she said.

Markets were also keeping an eye on the Group of Seven leaders summit meeting in Japan. Concerns about the health of the global economy are likely to be a key topic among the participants, although full agreement on macroeconomic policy looks elusive.

The G7 leaders are also expected to reaffirm their previous commitment to stability in the foreign exchange market.

Fed Chair Yellen is due to speak on Friday, and could reinforce expectations that the central bank might raise interest rates as early as next month, or July. Hawkish minutes from the Fed's April policy meeting and comments by several policymakers hinted that a hike could be forthcoming.

The dollar index fell 0.2 percent to 95.173 .DXY, moving away from a two-month high of 95.661 notched in the previous session.

The euro added 0.2 percent to $1.1181 , after skidding to a roughly 10-week low of $1.1129 on Wednesday.

Underpinning the single currency, Eurogroup ministers gave Greece its firmest offer yet of debt relief, approving the release of 10.3 billion euros ($11.48 billion) in recognition of painful fiscal reforms pushed through by Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras' leftist-led coalition.

So, EUR has moved down a bit more, and almost has hit 1.11 area, but still we have no reversal patterns yet. Thus, probably it needs to wait a bit more, may be till tomorrow.

Meantime, GBP shows nice progress. On daily chart trend has turned bullish, but cable is not at overbought level. Existence of bullish grabber suggests that previous top should be taken out. It could lead to appearing of butterfly shape here with 1st destination point around MPR1 @1.49 area. Next target stands at 1.51, but now it is beyond overbought level and is not interesting yet:
gbp_d_26_05_16.png

On 4-hour chart our suggestion was correct and yesterday GBP has completed 1.618 target of our minor H&S patern on 4-hour chart. Today we expect minor bounce, most probable to first Fib support around 1.4625, ultimately to K-support around 1.4575 area. This could happen either right from current level or, a bit later, since we have larger AB=CD pattern in progress and it target has not been hit yet, although our initial 1.618 AB-CD market already has completed.
If you will take a look at hourly chart, you'll see the butterfly right at top. Thus, anyway retracement should start very soon, within few hours:
gbp_4h_26_05_16.png

Good morning,

(Reuters) The dollar stayed in consolidation mode on Friday after its rally to two-month highs ran out of steam with bulls looking for fresh guidance from the head of the U.S. central bank.

The dollar index was last at 95.195, having pulled back from a peak of 95.661 set on Wednesday.

It is still up nearly 2.3 percent this month, among the top performing currencies, after a string of Federal Reserve officials bolstered expectations for a hike in interest rates as early as next month.

"I'm not sure how concerted this whole thing has been. If it's all kind of planned or if it's just individual members speaking," said Jesper Bargmann, head of trading for Nordea Bank in Singapore, referring to the Fed officials' relatively hawkish comments.

Traders are now keen to hear from Fed Chair Janet Yellen, who is due to speak at an event hosted by the Harvard University Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study at 1715 GMT.

"This is her chance if she wants to give a hint," Bargmann said.

Also closely watched is the second estimate of the March quarter U.S. gross domestic product. Analysts polled by Reuters expect to see an upgrade of the earlier reading, which showed the economy grew at its slowest pace in two years.

The euro held steady at $1.1190, staying above a two-month trough of $1.1129 set on Wednesday.

The dollar edged up 0.1 percent against the yen to 109.85 , still down from a three-week high of 110.59 yen reached last Friday.

There was little reaction to the outcome of a two-day Group of Seven summit. The G7 industrial powers pledged on Friday to seek strong global growth, while papering over differences on currencies and stimulus policies.

"Specific to FX matters, the G7 communique was a non-event," said Heng Koon How, senior FX strategist for Credit Suisse Private Banking Asia Pacific.

Heng said the dollar is likely to trade with elevated volatility in the 110 yen to 105 yen area.

"At around the 10 percent handle, the implied volatility curve for dollar/yen may be under valuing the growing list of event risks," he said.

Such risks include the potential for more Bank of Japan monetary easing, as well as uncertainties related to the Fed meeting in June and the UK referendum on whether to stay in the European Union, Heng added.

The yen showed limited reaction to media reports that Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is considering delaying a sales tax hike, originally planned in April 2017, by around two years.

If Japan were to delay the planned sales tax hike, some market participants say the initial reaction may be for Tokyo shares to rise, which could weigh on the safe haven yen.

Still, a possible postponement of the sales tax hike has probably been mostly factored in, said a trader for a Japanese bank in Singapore, so any market impact may be limited even in the event of an official announcement to that effect.

So, today probably it makes sense to take a look at EUR, finally, although we haven't got yet the pattern, but market could stand close to it. Our GBP analysis was confirmed - retracement down has happened and now cable is turning up again.

On daily chart EUR mostly has reached pre-defined level @1.11 - bottom of K-support area, harmonic swings completion and YPP. As it has formed bearish reversal swing we expect to see upside retracement here that should start from some upside reversal pattern on intraday charts that we do not have yet:
eur_d_27_05_16.png

On 4-hour chart we see minor bounce from WPS1 but this is definitely not a reversal yet, since the pace of this action is weak, too slow action and without signs of thrust. Thus, probably we could get final leg down to 1.11 area. Bullish divergence already in place:
eur_4h_27_05_16.png

On hourly chart EUR tries to break sequence of harmonic swings by preterm turning to upside action, but it seems that downward swing should be completed. What pattern we will get here? May be butterfly "Buy", may be some other. Last dive is possible, since today is revision of GDP and Yellen speech in University, thus short-term dollar appreciation is very probable:
eur_1h_27_05_16.png

pls sive i don't know why i am no receiving text daily up date from u any more pls help . the mail normally come to my box but nothing is attached or open. the last i receive was gbpusd Wednesday

pls sive i don't know why i am no receiving text daily up date from u any more pls help . the mail normally come to my box but nothing is attached or open. the last i receive was gbpusd Wednesday
Hi Anthony,
it is difficult to say something, since I'm not a technical expert. Probably you could try to unsubscibe then subscribe again, send mail to technical support. May be this will help.
If not - you could follow us manually. I put updates and reseaches approx. in the same time, around 9-10 GMT it should be in place as a rule (If I'm not on vacation. in this case I could place them 1-2 hours later).

Back