Future of Forex?

Tgleason

Recruit
Hello Forex Peace Army.

Let me first say I am delighted to be a part of the forces of light in a world of seeming darkness. I am an economics student and have enjoyed researching forex and international economics.

That being said I have read some disturbing news recently: that forex trading is going to be replaced by computers. Is this a threat to human traders? I understand the purpose is to save money, reduce externalities and make the IMS more efficient but it put a serious damper on my day. Will this role still be available in the future? Are we fighting a loosing battle?

Automation is taking over many industries. Makes sense, it cost less, you do not have to pay a machine. Will it take over forex? Will there be room for us traders? I know that automation will come over a period of years. I just hope to be trading for the next 60+ years.
http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/20...g-extinction-as-computers-replace-humans.html

In 60 years, we'll be lucky if humans aren't kept in zoos so the baby robots can see the freakish creatures who used to roam wild over the Earth.

In 60 years, we'll be lucky if humans aren't kept in zoos so the baby robots can see the freakish creatures who used to roam wild over the Earth.

Yup......or become like the original Earthlings (Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Yeti, etc) who have been in hiding ever since hybrid Aliens (7.2 billions and counting) took over and populated their planet.

That wont affect your ability to pick up say 1K ,leverage it and buy yen.
But , scalping will be either weeks long,or extremely overleveraged .

Too complicated for a computer to apply straight calculations to predict market movement. Maybe their profitability will be at the level of today's amateur traders, not more

Automation has always been on the forefront of institutional trading. Yes it will will completely replace manual trading in future. You best best bet is to adapt with the change and automate your systems too. :)

adapting (of the species) has been always the way... although becoming a Bigfoot, feared and loved at the same time sounds tempting... better a Bigfoot than a zoo pet :)

I'm sure that in time Forex trading as well as many other activities will be better left for computers to handle. However, at the moment, I don't really feel like I'm threatened.

Last edited:
That looks just like a bad dream, you know they can stop robot traders with words like: "double" in BOJ statement, or other simple things. Computers without humans are useless, they will never take over.

That looks just like a bad dream, you know they can stop robot traders with words like: "double" in BOJ statement, or other simple things. Computers without humans are useless, they will never take over.

Don't worry. The coming new generation of helpful household robots are only there to serve you and can't possibly take over.

Back