FxPrimus - "Wolf in Sheep's Clothing"

Hi there golfking,

Let's wait and listen for Terry's reply. It shouldnt take long for them to give you a reply i believe. Let's judge and see if the reason given is acceptable or not.

There are more things happen in the financial market behind the MT4 platform that we normal user can understand, in such i refer to price spike, 1st tier banking not accepting order, differences of prices in between broker ..etc.

Not to worry about having winning trades over 80% is the reason for all that to happen. I dont think they will even target your account for that purpose. I have been working for a management funds company using FXPRIMUS platform last year, we have over 500 live account traded with them. No to worry about the big lot size, we are executing the trades as very large lot size but we dont run over leveraged lots.

I'm guessing that you had opened a very big over-leveraged position at the time of order. We had experience that our position being killed during spike due to the spread fluactuation. It's easy to check out where the price spike/spread will happen, just turn to M1 candle, if the price is a pinbased, not a full body, means the price is moving extremely fast at that point of time. This maybe a price spike nor big spread. If the M1 candle is in full, normal condition, there shouldnt be a price spike.

However, I could not see your position size and the available margin to comment further. Maybe, fxprimus really bite your account, we will wait for Terry's reply and get them to pay you back if you are right.

hello yeemeng,
thank you for your comments.

I thought the same like you when I started trading with FxPrimus. Are you having over 80% winning trades? Are you having positions with more than $300? Trader with smaller positions and lower % of winning trades are not so much in danger.

Referring to your question, the two big killed trades were not the same size.

Good luck in your trading.
golfking

Could you drop me an email at y e e m e n g @ g m a i l

I wish to send u something to see in private.

Please understand, I have great concern over your case for the reason that I'm also using FXPRIMUS as my broker.

I would love to know if they did desk dealing or not as well. What I 'm sharing here is that my experience with them over past 2 years is fantastic. We had some arguement over certain trades issue, but it's all due to technical problem and it is all resolved satisfactory. None of the trades is being manipulated to cause lossess to us so far.

thanks.

You really should have a chat with your IT department. It would be trivial to set up one isolated computer that could provide printouts of any important attachments.

Dear Pharaoh,

I know it sounds like a silly policy, but it has served us well since inception...:)

Regards,
Terry Thompson
President-FXPRIMUS

at least the very first time i saw a president of a brokerhouse here to hear and solve the problem.. keep it FXFRIMUS..

response to yeemeng

hi yeemeng,
thank you for your time commenting my post.

You are right about the over-leveraged position. And I made a credit card deposit the evening before all this happened. And you know when I did get the money on my account? - 30 Minutes after my trades were killed. What more should I say...

You could see the chart with my big position killed on the chart "biggest position killed". I am attaching one more chart where you could see long spikes which do not exist during the same time with other brokers. And on another chart you could see a full candle with a huge difference compared to other brokers.

Hi there golfking,

Let's wait and listen for Terry's reply. It shouldnt take long for them to give you a reply i believe. Let's judge and see if the reason given is acceptable or not.

There are more things happen in the financial market behind the MT4 platform that we normal user can understand, in such i refer to price spike, 1st tier banking not accepting order, differences of prices in between broker ..etc.

Not to worry about having winning trades over 80% is the reason for all that to happen. I dont think they will even target your account for that purpose. I have been working for a management funds company using FXPRIMUS platform last year, we have over 500 live account traded with them. No to worry about the big lot size, we are executing the trades as very large lot size but we dont run over leveraged lots.

I'm guessing that you had opened a very big over-leveraged position at the time of order. We had experience that our position being killed during spike due to the spread fluactuation. It's easy to check out where the price spike/spread will happen, just turn to M1 candle, if the price is a pinbased, not a full body, means the price is moving extremely fast at that point of time. This maybe a price spike nor big spread. If the M1 candle is in full, normal condition, there shouldnt be a price spike.

However, I could not see your position size and the available margin to comment further. Maybe, fxprimus really bite your account, we will wait for Terry's reply and get them to pay you back if you are right.

Attachments

• biggest position killed.pdf
    265.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 3x comparison, Aug. 26, 2011.jpg
    3x comparison, Aug. 26, 2011.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 3x comparison, Sept. 2, 2011.jpg
    3x comparison, Sept. 2, 2011.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 27
GolfKing Case Summary

Dear All,

Thank you for everyone's patience. The reason for my delayed response was due to awaiting GK's (golfkings) permission to include chat transcripts, order numbers (No MT4 obviously), and correspondences with our support team as I believe this is all relevant to the many issues he has raised. As of the last correspondence, GK does not think this is relevant so I will respect his wishes and keep my explanation as generic as possible.

A few things prior to the trade issue(s) GK has raised:

1. I'm confident that FXPRIMUS has one of, if not the best Support staff in the industry. They are more than capable of addressing this and every issue. My team explained very clearly and concisely the issue to GK, explained leverage, margin, etc. and GK's margin call specifically. I am very critical of my support teams answers and am constantly evaluating them, and the response given to GK was as good as it gets, in my opinion. I did not see a shred of evidence exhibiting anyone talking down to GK or treating GK as a "school boy" as he stated, and apologize that GK took their step by step clarification as anything but explaining to GK exactly what happened with the margin in his account to result in a margin call. As I stated earlier on this thread, the only reason I'm taking the time to address this personally is that my name was mentioned, and there is no reason to "hide" behind my support staff.

2. In terms of GK's insinuation that FXPRIMUS somehow targets traders with high winning percentages. Without responding with a simple "no we don't" statement, rather, I invite everyone to visit our website, navigate to News - Promotions - then click on the Top Trader Contest banner. I will not post the direct link out of respect of FPA's policies, but i hope everyone takes the time to view the video and also view the % gained by our top 20 clients over a 45 day period.

3. Regarding GK's statement,

"And I made a credit card deposit the evening before all this happened. And you know when I did get the money on my account? - 30 Minutes after my trades were killed. What more should I say"

Our policy on credit card deposits is and always has been within 1 business day of receiving from our credit card processor (most of the time done in less than 12 hours). As you have requested I not share specific information about your account, all I can ask of you GK, is to check the time the previous credit card transactions were credited to your account, and you'll find that each and every one of them was in the same time frame. I don't understand your statement, and 100% reject the notion or insinuation that the deposit to your account was delayed on purpose.

4. The trades that GK has noted and the charts that he has noted appear to all be in Gold (XAU/USD.) As I'm sure we all know, Gold volatility is and has been for months at an all time high. Just Monday, there was the largest variance from the high price to the low price in the history of Gold trading. This volatility leads to abnormal price spikes, widening of the spread, and moments of illiquidity. Let's face it, Gold trading is awfully tricky right now, there is a large amount of money to be made, but unfortunately this comes with a higher than normal degree of risk.

@ Raham- In reviewing some other threads on FPA, I see your name has popped up a few times lending your 2 cents on FXPRIMUS. We appreciate you and all of our customers, and hope you remain a customer for a long time to come.

@ yeemeng - I appreciate the kind words, and I'm sure you can attest that since you've been with us since pretty much the very beginning, that we are NOT perfect. We make mistakes, and unfortunately given the fact the nature of this business, we will make mistakes in the future (hopefully not many :) What sets us apart in this industry, is that when we make mistakes we correct them and ensure that if any money was lost as a result of the mistake, the client is reimbursed, credited, etc. Please take a look at the most recent post in the FPA Broker forum by a Vincent in Singapore to show just the latest proof of this. There is too much competition in the Forex industry, to not operate in this manner.

@ Pharaoh - Noted on the suggestion, and might do this in the future…thank you!

@ Ceo-Jy - As mentioned above, there is no reason for me to hide behind my support staff. Appreciate the words, however!

@ kantungemas - I'm not quite sure how I can prove this….I'm not a very good looking guy, so posting a picture of myself apart from what is on our website, might scare some people :)

5. Finally, let's get to the trade in question, which closed 8/26/2011 @ 17:00 as a result of a margin call. This is directed towards GK:

If you look at an economic calendar from 8/26, you'll see @ 17:00 the US Federal Reserve Chief began speaking. You'll see that not only Gold, but also currencies and our other CFD's started acting volatile at this time and stayed this way for the 30 minutes or so that followed. This is not uncommon when the US Federal Reserve Chief speaks and during other news events such as Non-Farm Payroll, US Fed Decisions, etc. What occurs during these events, is that banks widen their spreads due to the uncertainty in the market and the fact that they do not want to take on any unneeded risk. I agree the spread widening is not always "fair" so to speak to traders, as I'm a trader myself, and have been on both the right end and wrong end of spread widening in my trading career. Unfortunately, like slippage, this is part of trading, and is what makes trading a somewhat challenging endeavor.

In looking at your trade, there was indeed a 5.21 pip spread on Gold at the time of your execution. This type of spread, while wide, is not unheard of for Gold, and I've seen it this wide before this instance and after. Also, the tails that you refer to, are not out of the ordinary either and appear to be a result of the volatility in the market in those few minutes of time. In reviewing your trade history, it does not show that you had any trades executed during the bars showing the tails…are you simply inquiring due to the difference in our feed as opposed to the other 2 brokers you noted? As I'm sure you are aware, there are many brokers and many sources of liquidity. As noted above, this was during an economic news event, and I'm quite sure if you surveyed every broker and every source of liquidity you would see some pretty significant variances. I don't' necessarily feel that comparing the spread of 2 other brokers is an accurate representation of what "actually" should have occurred during the market in those few minutes.

I have taken the liberty to double check with our institutional liquidity sources and can confirm that the spread during the time of your trade execution and the "tails" the moments afterward were indeed valid, and I would not be in the position to direct my finance team to issue you a credit or reimbursement.

In closing, while my hunch is that perhaps each and every answer to your inquiries will not be received well by you, I would like you to know that I have looked into your issue personally and have spent quite a few hours in doing so. I feel my support staff acted professionally and were very courteous with you and our trading platform performed flawlessly during the times in question. The issue was the illiquidity and volatility in the market, specifically in Gold, and the lack of sufficient equity in your account to withstand such volatility, and that was the reason for the Margin Call.

I'm at your disposal for any additional questions, or any additional questions from anyone on this esteemed forum.

Regards,
Terry Thompson
President-FXPRIMUS

Dear All,

Thank you for everyone's patience. The reason for my delayed response was due to awaiting GK's (golfkings) permission to include chat transcripts, order numbers (No MT4 obviously), and correspondences with our support team as I believe this is all relevant to the many issues he has raised. As of the last correspondence, GK does not think this is relevant so I will respect his wishes and keep my explanation as generic as possible.

1. I'm confident that FXPRIMUS has one of, if not the best Support staff in the industry. They are more than capable of addressing this and every issue. My team explained very clearly and concisely the issue to GK, explained leverage, margin, etc. and GK's margin call specifically. I am very critical of my support teams answers and am constantly evaluating them, and the response given to GK was as good as it gets, in my opinion. I did not see a shred of evidence exhibiting anyone talking down to GK or treating GK as a "school boy" as he stated, and apologize that GK took their step by step clarification as anything but explaining to GK exactly what happened with the margin in his account to result in a margin call. As I stated earlier on this thread, the only reason I'm taking the time to address this personally is that my name was mentioned, and there is no reason to "hide" behind my support staff.

2. In terms of GK's insinuation that FXPRIMUS somehow targets traders with high winning percentages. Without responding with a simple "no we don't" statement, rather, I invite everyone to visit our website, navigate to News - Promotions - then click on the Top Trader Contest banner. I will not post the direct link out of respect of FPA's policies, but i hope everyone takes the time to view the video and also view the % gained by our top 20 clients over a 45 day period.

"And I made a credit card deposit the evening before all this happened. And you know when I did get the money on my account? - 30 Minutes after my trades were killed. What more should I say"

Our policy on credit card deposits is and always has been within 1 business day of receiving from our credit card processor (most of the time done in less than 12 hours). As you have requested I not share specific information about your account, all I can ask of you GK, is to check the time the previous credit card transactions were credited to your account, and you'll find that each and every one of them was in the same time frame. I don't understand your statement, and 100% reject the notion or insinuation that the deposit to your account was delayed on purpose.

4. The trades that GK has noted and the charts that he has noted appear to all be in Gold (XAU/USD.) As I'm sure we all know, Gold volatility is and has been for months at an all time high. Just Monday, there was the largest variance from the high price to the low price in the history of Gold trading. This volatility leads to abnormal price spikes, widening of the spread, and moments of illiquidity. Let's face it, Gold trading is awfully tricky right now, there is a large amount of money to be made, but unfortunately this comes with a higher than normal degree of risk.

@ Raham- In reviewing some other threads on FPA, I see your name has popped up a few times lending your 2 cents on FXPRIMUS. We appreciate you and all of our customers, and hope you remain a customer for a long time to come.

@ yeemeng - I appreciate the kind words, and I'm sure you can attest that since you've been with us since pretty much the very beginning, that we are NOT perfect. We make mistakes, and unfortunately given the fact the nature of this business, we will make mistakes in the future (hopefully not many :) What sets us apart in this industry, is that when we make mistakes we correct them and ensure that if any money was lost as a result of the mistake, the client is reimbursed, credited, etc. Please take a look at the most recent post in the FPA Broker forum by a Vincent in Singapore to show just the latest proof of this. There is too much competition in the Forex industry, to not operate in this manner.

@ Ceo-Jy - As mentioned above, there is no reason for me to hide behind my support staff. Appreciate the words, however!

@ kantungemas - I'm not quite sure how I can prove this….I'm not a very good looking guy, so posting a picture of myself apart from what is on our website, might scare some people :)

5. Finally, let's get to the trade in question, which closed 8/26/2011 @ 17:00 as a result of a margin call. This is directed towards GK:

If you look at an economic calendar from 8/26, you'll see @ 17:00 the US Federal Reserve Chief began speaking. You'll see that not only Gold, but also currencies and our other CFD's started acting volatile at this time and stayed this way for the 30 minutes or so that followed. This is not uncommon when the US Federal Reserve Chief speaks and during other news events such as Non-Farm Payroll, US Fed Decisions, etc. What occurs during these events, is that banks widen their spreads due to the uncertainty in the market and the fact that they do not want to take on any unneeded risk. I agree the spread widening is not always "fair" so to speak to traders, as I'm a trader myself, and have been on both the right end and wrong end of spread widening in my trading career. Unfortunately, like slippage, this is part of trading, and is what makes trading a somewhat challenging endeavor.

In looking at your trade, there was indeed a 5.21 pip spread on Gold at the time of your execution. This type of spread, while wide, is not unheard of for Gold, and I've seen it this wide before this instance and after. Also, the tails that you refer to, are not out of the ordinary either and appear to be a result of the volatility in the market in those few minutes of time. In reviewing your trade history, it does not show that you had any trades executed during the bars showing the tails…are you simply inquiring due to the difference in our feed as opposed to the other 2 brokers you noted? As I'm sure you are aware, there are many brokers and many sources of liquidity. As noted above, this was during an economic news event, and I'm quite sure if you surveyed every broker and every source of liquidity you would see some pretty significant variances. I don't' necessarily feel that comparing the spread of 2 other brokers is an accurate representation of what "actually" should have occurred during the market in those few minutes.

I have taken the liberty to double check with our institutional liquidity sources and can confirm that the spread during the time of your trade execution and the "tails" the moments afterward were indeed valid, and I would not be in the position to direct my finance team to issue you a credit or reimbursement.

In closing, while my hunch is that perhaps each and every answer to your inquiries will not be received well by you, I would like you to know that I have looked into your issue personally and have spent quite a few hours in doing so. I feel my support staff acted professionally and were very courteous with you and our trading platform performed flawlessly during the times in question. The issue was the illiquidity and volatility in the market, specifically in Gold, and the lack of sufficient equity in your account to withstand such volatility, and that was the reason for the Margin Call.

I'm at your disposal for any additional questions, or any additional questions from anyone on this esteemed forum.

Regards,
Terry Thompson
President-FXPRIMUS

I'm glad you took the time to discuss about this issue. I have opened a demo account with FXPRIMUX and my EA works fine. I will probably open a live account soon..:)

Dear All,

Naahh.. you're good looking guy Mr Terry :) Now i have more confident with FxPrimus..!

GK's Statement to case summary

Dear Mr. Thompson,

Thank you for your time and for taking position to my complaint. There is no doubt that you are a smart guy. So, writing a dissertation probably wouldn’t be a problem to you. My opinion is that your response looks very much like a good, theoretical essay explaining in a general way your stand point of view. I think that by only making statements and pretending that everything is been correct without taking notice of all facts which I had delivered is no proof at all. Further on I was not asking your support and you to explain step by step what is happening and when….... I was asking: why!!! I was asking to recalculate the margin on my account Minute by Minute for a certain period of time.

I am very concerned about the fact that you didn’t deliver proof and didn’t respond to some of my main complaints:

1) RE my letter to you: “I must say that your Live Chat support and your Customer support were playing ping-pong with me because no one knew an explanation for a very strange incident, and each one was suggesting that I should ask the other one. It happened on August 25, at about 19:00 GMT when I was going to close a trade position and a strange message suddenly appeared (you can find this message in your logs):
“XXXXXX: order #8589221 buy 0.80 XAUUSD closing at 0.00 failed [Market is closed]”.
I tried on 2 other computers and on the WebTrader but it was not possible to close that order and I was getting the same message again and again. Other currency pairs were working regularly.”

2) General explanations about Gold volatility and abnormal spikes is no proof at all!

Re your statement: “As I'm sure we all know, Gold volatility is and has been for months at an all time high. Just Monday, there was the largest variance from the high price to the low price in the history of Gold trading. This volatility leads to abnormal price spikes, widening of the spread, and moments of illiquidity. Let's face it, Gold trading is awfully tricky right now, there is a large amount of money to be made, but unfortunately this comes with a higher than normal degree of risk.” - a nice general information.

Can you deliver written confirmation from your institutional liquidity sources and confirm that the spread during the time in question was at the same size?

Re your statement: “I have taken the liberty to double check with our institutional liquidity sources and can confirm that the spread during the time of your trade execution and the "tails" the moments afterward were indeed valid,”

3) Referring to your statement: … “and I'm quite sure if you surveyed every broker and every source of liquidity you would see some pretty significant variances.”

Yes, I saw very significant differences and wanted to point out that your spreads were the only one suffering illiquidity! Please compare with FxPrimus website statement: “1. ECN Premier Spreads. Our ECN Premier Spreads are the ultimate for traders of all types. These are our absolute tightest spreads available and rival many institutional level price feeds offered to traders with multi-million dollar accounts. -No more paying for wider spreads when executing trades, - Since FXPRIMUS is a 100% Straight Through Processing brokerage firm, you are able to execute directly on bank feeds. If a price is available, your trade will execute at that price with no middleman or third party intervention whatsoever.”

STP broker is not the same as a DMA broker! STP might go to a price field but not in to the market!
How come that your spreads cannot compete with other brokers their liquidity sources or spreads?

Re ActivTrades website: “We also offer Direct Market Access (DMA) to the world’s major futures exchanges with a choice of market leading platforms including ….”

4) No reaction to my statements in my mail to support and in my letter to you. I was asking to recalculate the margin Minute after Minute:

Re my letter to you: “Please would you kindly investigate all trades on my account from August 26th, for the time frame 14:00 GMT to 17:00 GMT. My biggest two trades were closed without any known reason. The last lots balance that I am aware of was at about 12:30 GMT. I had mainly trades with XAUUSD (Net lots: -0.62) and about 180% margin at the price of 1791.xx.
Again, please understand that when previously the price was higher than 1788.33, namely at 1791.xx, I still had about 180% margin. So, it’s impossible to have just about 25% margin at 1788.33! And as I mentioned before, I did not even have margin problems when the price was at 1791.xx. Why have this 2 trade positions been closed? This is very strange! I was not asking Customer support to tell me what the system logs are telling. I was asking to recalculate the margin by hand and to prove the logs of the system. As Customer support refused to recalculate the margin situation trade after trade, minute after minute and compare with the system logs, or maybe they don’t know how to do that, I decided to describe the incidents and to inform you personally.”

I still wonder why my registered personal letter to you was not delivered to you?

As a conclusion, I can only repeat that you and FxPrimus owe me serious proof referring to your statements and pretentions.

Kind regards,
GK

Dear All,

Regards,
Terry Thompson
President-FXPRIMUS

Attachments

• 3x comparison, Aug. 26, 2011.jpg
    3x comparison, Aug. 26, 2011.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 3x comparison, Sept. 2, 2011.jpg
    3x comparison, Sept. 2, 2011.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 18
Back