Gap

mickvolpe

Recruit
Hi everyone.... My name is Michael n i just started trading. i have a question about the weekly gap that is sometime's there when the market closes on
friday. When you trade the gap come monday is there a certain way to achieve a profit even if its a small profit.

Thanks
Michael

If you are lucky and the market gaps in the direction of your trade, you can get a nice profit. On the other hand, if the market gaps against you, you'll find yourself in loss. A SL won't help you in this case. Your stop will be honored at the next available price when the market opens.

i think when market close we should also stop the trade and when market open we choose a new price for trade.

Trading while the market has stopped is not very wise decision. If we are doing a 8 hours job we will not able to work when the office is closed. It is as simple as it is. It might made profit luckily but not always. I don’t think no professional trade when the market is stop. The reason behind it is very simple. If the gap is against your trade no one will stop the loss. It is for sure.

Gap often occured on monday morning when market was open its because on saturday and also sunday still occured transaction in the market but not yet recorded on data center, and when monday open market sometime we can see gap which one candle like as jump to next candle, gap can easy to seen on small timeframe usually

I often encounter gaps trading USDRUB with my broker, but its okay for this pair as its exotic and trading session is shorter, not 24/7. I simply try to avoid trading at this time and holding positions overnight.

Think, electronic Fx Markets roll around the globe, only retail brokers close on weekends, that’s why you might have a gap on opening
Unless some manipulated artificial gap, but normally a trend remains a trend

I think thread owner question is about the gap between market close on Friday and gap on Monday opening to look for profit. Some rumors do believes that the gap or window will be close. And yes, I do believe gaps will have high probability to close, but nobody knows how long it takes and how wide it will go before closing the window.

gap that's a rather normal phenomenon, which happens often at the beginning of the week.

Here it all depends on luck and your alertness. I think in this situation you can make pretty good money.

Back