Greek debt.

danielsoy

Sergeant
Hi ppl.

Can the Greek debt crisis, causing a contagion or domino effect on the financial system of Cyprus?

Thanks.

Greece is a relatively small country and the effect on the world's economy is not that critical....as one analyst at Bloomberg remarked, the Greek problem is a little pimple compared to the China's equity market crisis.

My major concern is the world's second largest economy China whose crash in the Chinese equities triggered risk aversion across the global markets.

Last edited:
I like that illuminati post, and yes im a fan of conspiracy theories, and it does make sense, but its a double edged sword, some people still make profit from crisis in other countries, with the debt increase in Cyprus I can positively say there are people working on solutions for it LOL and even with a large debt it wont benifit a lot of people to have brokers over there suffer, it will cause caos even for the illuminati. I hope this makes sense, i guess in short its like there is always an advantage for the big boys banks and what not in any crisis situation.

In my opinion, Greece has had its neck on the chopping block for far too long. If the ECB wants to maintain the integrity of the Euro, the time to throw Greece overboard is long overdue. Offering any big concessions to Greece now will just have other nations that have ignored the standards that Eurozone members should follow lining up to get their own special deals. Tossing Greece out will show the other slacking countries that there really are rules which can and will be enforced.

The Infowars article is interesting, but ignores the facts that Greece offers its citizens far more generous social programs than many other Eurozone members. No evil banker conspiracy made Greece have a significantly lower retirement age than Germany. For long term Euro stability, the members of the Eurozone should work to slowly and steadily smooth out differences like this so that some citizens don't have to work longer and harder to subsidize earlier retirements for those who don't.

Germany, France, Italy and Spain are the real players in the EUR market.

These are the countries that really matter. As long as they are healthy, nothing can beat the EURO down.

As for the greek, their population would find a way out to pay their debts.

Greeks are hard working. They are just going through a rough patch. Never underestimate the power of human will.

The way the Eurogroup meeting over Greece bailout is going, I will be extremely surprise if any agreement(s) can be arrived at by this Sunday(12/July)...and based on news report on the street, some Greeks in the streets of Athens vented their anger on German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble.
These Greek citizens don't seem to understand that what's happening now, i.e a bankrupted Greece, is the result & fault of their government who has, for years, been badly managing the country's economy and finances.
It strikes me that the Greek people would rather blame the rest of the EZ than their own government and people for their predicament and sufferings.

The "deal" or "no deal" results will impact the EUR/JPY & EUR/CHF more so than EUR/USD.

Last edited:
Back