Hello everyone from Paul

Paul4970

Recruit
My name is Paul, I'm 46 years old, trading since 2006-7. I lived in Poland, South Africa, now I live in Taiwan.
I actually remember the very beginnings of ForexPeaceArmy, when it started from complains by news traders about brokers behavior. There were actually serious threats directed toward FPA!
I also remember the good, old Oanda and the time when the original CEO (I think) informed us that they can't keep spreads tight anymore during the news. Old times.

I got profitable in 2008. In 2010-11 I took big hit, because I switched to daytrading on M30 and M5 timeframe. Lost 60%. Stopped trading in 2012 to take care of my baby son. Returned in 2014, and recovered my loss to -20%, still recovering, as I didn't trade regularly. I was considering if trading is for me.
But just a month ago I was checking the charts and my strategy is just fine, I would be way plus if I didn't halt trading. So I though: why waste all these years of education? I used to spend 20 hours on screen and various forum in 2006-9, it would be a waste, since I have some edge. Now I'm back trading. Happy. No more psychological up and downs. I guess I got older :D

I traded with FXCM, FXSolutions, Neumex (bankrupt now), and Oanda.
I'm still with Oanda, but recently they are becoming worse, customer service not available, no account managers, no response to emails, I get very often slipped by 1 pip extra for them, be it SL or TP.
I'm deciding to split my funds into 3 different brokers. Probably still with Oanda, then maybe MX and maybe IC markets Australia? Not sure. I prefer UK regulated broker.
I trade on Daily charts, so I don't care about news much, but since I can hold a trade for months I am worried about SWAPs. Also I want micolots since that's gives me lots of edge when I use my money management/ risk strategy.
That's all about me. Thank you Forex Peace Army for your endurance and years of perseverance!

Paul

My name is Paul, I'm 46 years old, trading since 2006-7. I lived in Poland, South Africa, now I live in Taiwan.
I actually remember the very beginnings of ForexPeaceArmy, when it started from complains by news traders about brokers behavior. There were actually serious threats directed toward FPA!
I also remember the good, old Oanda and the time when the original CEO (I think) informed us that they can't keep spreads tight anymore during the news. Old times.

I got profitable in 2008. In 2010-11 I took big hit, because I switched to daytrading on M30 and M5 timeframe. Lost 60%. Stopped trading in 2012 to take care of my baby son. Returned in 2014, and recovered my loss to -20%, still recovering, as I didn't trade regularly. I was considering if trading is for me.
But just a month ago I was checking the charts and my strategy is just fine, I would be way plus if I didn't halt trading. So I though: why waste all these years of education? I used to spend 20 hours on screen and various forum in 2006-9, it would be a waste, since I have some edge. Now I'm back trading. Happy. No more psychological up and downs. I guess I got older :D

I traded with FXCM, FXSolutions, Neumex (bankrupt now), and Oanda.
I'm still with Oanda, but recently they are becoming worse, customer service not available, no account managers, no response to emails, I get very often slipped by 1 pip extra for them, be it SL or TP.
I'm deciding to split my funds into 3 different brokers. Probably still with Oanda, then maybe MX and maybe IC markets Australia? Not sure. I prefer UK regulated broker.
I trade on Daily charts, so I don't care about news much, but since I can hold a trade for months I am worried about SWAPs. Also I want micolots since that's gives me lots of edge when I use my money management/ risk strategy.
That's all about me. Thank you Forex Peace Army for your endurance and years of perseverance!

Paul

Welcome back Paul :) I read your story and I have one advice for brokers you mentioned in your post. We have review section as well which you can find here https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews. Check the review first about any broker you want to go live and them go with small deposit to check them out. Best of luck :)

Thank you FXMaster, good to be back.
Thanks for the links! Very valuable info on the reviews of these bucket shops...ooops, sorry... I meant brokers.

Back