Hours and daily %

oyabor

Recruit
Hi Everyone,

It is my first post here on FPA. :) I've been reading this forum for months now and I really appreciate your effort.

It is a newbie question but how many hours do you trade a day and how many % can you make a day / year generally? I know it depends on many things but if you could give me an overall picture it would be great.

I really want to know your experience especially if you are trading with real money and live accounts. :)

Thank you!

Regards,
Oya

is it just me or is anybody interested in this question? :)

please reply if you also would like to know the above. maybe someone then will give us the answers :)

I do anywhere from 1-8 trades a day, usually around 2-4 a day though. I would make a large profit some weeks, but then lose it the next week, so it has been a roller coaster ride the time I have been trading.
You should keep in mind that most of the traders will lose all their money, but some others, only some won't.

just my 2 cents, its gonna be a lot easier for you if you focus on a monthly %, and maybe lower it a bit, and instead of setting number on number of trades or pips per day, its better to focus on having a positive weekly or monthly outcome no matter how small it gets, in my opinion as long as there is not lose or even if its break even then its still a win situation

hours to trade actually 2-4 hours. around US market open. normally 2 maximum entry trade are good, i have several friends the only do entry for 5-10 times a month. as target, just keep it low, reasonable, easy to achieve and low risk. 2-10% a month, with maximum risk 10-15%.

10 trades per week are reasonable to me but it still depends on strategy you use. Sometime, I don't even a trade for 3 days if the market are choppy and messy.

Hi Everyone,

It is my first post here on FPA. :) I've been reading this forum for months now and I really appreciate your effort.

It is a newbie question but how many hours do you trade a day and how many % can you make a day / year generally? I know it depends on many things but if you could give me an overall picture it would be great.

I really want to know your experience especially if you are trading with real money and live accounts. :)

Thank you!

Regards,
Oya

It all depends on your strategy, character, emotional stability, money management, bankroll, forex broker and your ISP. So, sorry, I don't think we can give you definite answer.

Like everyone say, it depends on the trading system and strategy. I normally use 02 - 04 hours per day. Cannot exactly say %. Sometimes I win sometimes I lose. This is how the trading going on.

Back