Hours and daily %

I agree there are no definite answer on this question. And I believe there is no point to find this answer as well. Trading is a game about survival, no point for us to know how many hours or days you can survive in the market. You have to work out your strategy, gather the information for at least 6 months to move forward into some figures and implementation.

10 trades per week are reasonable to me but it still depends on strategy you use. Sometime, I don't even a trade for 3 days if the market are choppy and messy.

Rightly said, if there isn't any strong reason there is no need to enter any trade only to remain in the market. About % return, a trader should aim a monthly target for this.

Professionals don't calculate hourly percentage, they only calculate the return after a year. So you should also aim to have a record of your results depending on at least 6 months of trading.

For me trading is not in fix hours. Some times I can trade for more time, other times are less when I just see market for few minutes. My target is to make 5% weekly profit from my investment.

You are right as i also joined forex trading because it does not bound me to sit round the clock and do office work. Instead i trade whenever i am mentally relaxed and have ample time to follow the trends.
You are right as i also joined forex trading because it does not bound me to sit round the clock and do office work. Instead i trade whenever i am mentally relaxed and have ample time to follow the trends.

That is a correct approach to trading. Better to spend 90% of the time for analysis, preparing psychologically and avoid majority of trading mistakes.

Analysis is important because all trading is based on this analysis .We apply our plan on the market situation which we had analyzed. If we not find correct market decision, our plan will not work correctly. I also spend much tome to see market so that I can do god analysis and profit %.

Full time traders do trading for more hours and their target% is also high . As a part time trader I do trading for 3 to 4 hours and my daily profit target is less than 5%. If I got it I am very happy. One should be careful while setting his targets because all trading and risk is based on it.

Back