how do i know that take profit has been hit ?

p1p1n

Private
Sometimes I see that bar candle has touched or even passed my take profit target but my TP has been executed. I think may be because the ask price at which TP is executed has not been reached,

Now is there any method by which I can be sure to verify when my TP was executed looking at a candle. Like look at the low or close etc ?

Turn on the ask line in your chart. If you can see bid and ask, you'll have a much better idea if your target was hit or not.

Well, I always set my SLs and TPs according to support and resistant with buffering. It’s true, sometimes market start reversal pattern before touching logical levels (nearest support or resistant level), that’s way I need to use buffering trading style.

In addition, I consider the pips calculation according to the time frame. Like, for H4 I usually I consider 13 pips and for H1 I use only 9 pips. That’s it, thus I try to ensure my TPs and avoid my SLs as well.

Well, I always set my SLs and TPs according to support and resistant with buffering. It’s true, sometimes market start reversal pattern before touching logical levels (nearest support or resistant level), that’s way I need to use buffering trading style.

In addition, I consider the pips calculation according to the time frame. Like, for H4 I usually I consider 13 pips and for H1 I use only 9 pips. That’s it, thus I try to ensure my TPs and avoid my SLs as well.

The daily Support and Resistance levels keep on changing and we have to understand them if we are looking for trading with the safe trading margins :)

When take profit is hit your positions automatically closed. You need not worry about it. Some times it not hi and market changes its position before hitting take profits. You need to see your positions time to time to get possible position.

When take profit is hit your positions automatically closed. You need not worry about it. Some times it not hi and market changes its position before hitting take profits. You need to see your positions time to time to get possible position.

Whenever we are doing our trades it does happen that the income we should be getting does not come to us. This is why we have to keep monitoring the markets for the right times to close our trades :)

Turn on the ask line in your chart. If you can see bid and ask, you'll have a much better idea if your target was hit or not.
Well, thanks a lot for sharing this, I always though some brokers increase the spreads to hit my stop loss while they reduce the spreads to keep my trade running even after my TP being hit!

Well, thanks a lot for sharing this, I always though some brokers increase the spreads to hit my stop loss while they reduce the spreads to keep my trade running even after my TP being hit!
That is also the case sometimes.

That is also the case sometimes.

Yeah, watch for sudden bid or ask spreads that jump 10 or so pips just to touch your stops. Then spread returns to and remains normal. Yes, spread can jump, but if it keeps happening in quiet markets, it's time to withdraw your money and find a new broker.

Yeah, watch for sudden bid or ask spreads that jump 10 or so pips just to touch your stops. Then spread returns to and remains normal. Yes, spread can jump, but if it keeps happening in quiet markets, it's time to withdraw your money and find a new broker.
I won't mention broker names here (it was a "reputable" one), but this happened to my manual trading account - when EUR/CHF was pegged I had buy order and S/L at 1.185 ( if I remember correctly), and only at my broker there was spike that caught my SL (this was one year before the EUR/CHF crash), and never in any official information the price never went at that price, but somewhere at 1.196, I think. I didn't want to argue, just pulled out my money. I heard some guys managed to get their money back once they complained, but I didn't want to go through that, just went for another broker. :)

Back