How do you handle your losses?

Learning is the key to success so as long as we keep learning in this business we will be successful and loss factors will automatically be handled. Loss can be handled if we start trading with strategies.

That's a good point - the more one trades, the better they learn how to deal with the various aspects of trading, both winning and losing. That has been my experience so far.

I analyze what I did wrong and try not to make the same mistakes in the future. All in all, analyzing your own mistakes is the best way to learn forex.

Proper money management and using stop loss method, I always trade with good money management and don’t use the big lot size and I am earning reasonable amount, I also handle my loss with proper money and risk management.

After loss we should observe our trading techniques and strategies so that next time we enter in to the market at right time. Money management skills should be improve to gain more pips from risky market.

After loss we should observe our trading techniques and strategies so that next time we enter in to the market at right time. Money management skills should be improve to gain more pips from risky market.
Very good if any trader willing to spent time making evaluation trades, this will important to learn from our mistake, then making better trading result, how to recover previous loss also required patience and not rushing, will better waiting on best timing on good momentum market

After the big losses, for me the main thing is the analysis of the strategy that I used. And if it needed I rebuild the strategy into a new form. Although I usually try not to make big losses and adjust the strategy to the realities of the market immediately.
And as someone said above you need to use a stop loss. They always need to be in trading.

Those who claim they never face a trading loss simply do not trade. A loss here and there is normal in every trading strategy and nothing is 100%. A trading loss should never break your account performance and dealing with a trading loss the proper way is a very important step or everyone who aspires to become a real trader.

There are different steps to take after a loss and I think one of the most important one is to step away for a bit and calm down if the loss has caused you to become emotional.

Once you have regained your composure sit down and analyze your loss, understand why you lost and learn how to reduce or eliminate what caused your loss. A loss is only bad if you refuse to learn from it.
Perfectly said and absolutely correct steps. To leave, wait, analyze, return.
Perhaps, if you risk big money, it's worthwhile to trade for a while on the demo until the strategy starts to bring again. (The fact is that the strategy may stop working with changing market conditions, so the period of change should be waited)

Loss can be handle if we focus on our trading plans and strategies if they need improvements then we had to change our trading style. We should not repeat the mistakes again to achieve our targets otherwise we can suffer from huge losses.

Making the same mistake over and over again is incredibly frustrating. I had that problem as a newbie until I learned to pause after a mistake and analyze what I've done wrong, then made appropriate changes to my trading plan. That certainly improved my trading.

Back