How do you handle your losses?

Losses where big and horrible before, but now good money management and selective trade setups has helped my greatly in limiting my losses.

I try to limit my losses as much as possible but when they do happen I tend to stop trading for a day or two to clear my head.

Trading is a probability game. You can gain, of course you can loss as well. As long as you know you are doing the right thing, take your loss as usual without trying to revenge.

The first few losses will certainly feel discouraging, but if you are determined to make money in Forex, after a while you will start to become indifferent to losses, unless your account is wiped out...

The first few losses will certainly feel discouraging, but if you are determined to make money in Forex, after a while you will start to become indifferent to losses, unless your account is wiped out...

After a few losses, I will recommend to stop trading and take a break for a while. Some people try to chase and gain back those losses that makes thing worst.

After a few losses, I will recommend to stop trading and take a break for a while. Some people try to chase and gain back those losses that makes thing worst.

That's what happens when people think the market "owes" them money or, worse, when they seek "revenge" on the market. Taking a break or else shifting to demo when these feelings arise will save a lot of pain.

That's what happens when people think the market "owes" them money or, worse, when they seek "revenge" on the market. Taking a break or else shifting to demo when these feelings arise will save a lot of pain.
True. Starting to gamble their way through a loss is the worst case scenario for a trader.

It's a revenge order and it's not recommended for any trader, 'cuz it just a haste-filled act. Calm yourself, drink something smooth.

Regard lost as lesson, and learn how it happens, such as bad mind, unreasonable trading strategy or risk control problem, and then perform better next time.

Back