How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

• right away

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • 6 months

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • 1 year

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • 2 years

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • 3 or more years

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
I suppose the emotional side of things will decrease with confidence and experience. There is no shortcut to those aspects.

It still depends on each individual. Even someone practice for long long time, they still couldn't control their own emotion because Greed and Fear are human born nature.

I think it largely depends on the individual. Some people are modisciplined, more able - and not just willing - to teach themselves self-control. For others that is much harder. I think it's very important to do self-reflection on a regular basis so one can decide what's best for them.

OMG i just cant imagine the status of the traders whose account would have blown out during such incidents. Lucky are the people who were along the direction of the market spike during such times.
Few years back HP stock had crashed (it turned out to be a computer glitch), but already there were massive spikes in FX. Lot of people who didn't use SL got wiped out in a few minutes. But yeah, those who were on the right side got a decent profit.

According to my experience, all the newbies should work at least 2-3 months on demo account and should use all the strategy and planning during demo trading period, then they should start the real trading for fruitful results.

So many trader get fail and can't maintain account more than six month and this is required good practice in demo account for newbie before start un real account at least six month in my opinion, but maybe rarely trader willing to spent time in demo for six month because many new trader they rush to making real profit

I'd rather not profit from spikes, there's too much risk involved in that.

It depends on what type of financial instrument you trade with. If you research in depth, there are certain financial instruments are highly profitable in spikes market which the one of strategy I use now.

Back