How many indicators do you need?

Hi Traders,

my name is Holger. I am from Germany and new to Forex.
I am learning to trade from my mentor Greg and I am using mainly Slow Stochastics with 14,3,3 and MACD with default settings 12,26,9.
My main platform is ctrader.

Here is a picture of how it looks like.

Bildschirmfoto 2014-09-30 um 14.58.46.jpg

Cheers,
Holger

Hi Traders,

my name is Holger. I am from Germany and new to Forex.
I am learning to trade from my mentor Greg and I am using mainly Slow Stochastics with 14,3,3 and MACD with default settings 12,26,9.
My main platform is ctrader.

Here is a picture of how it looks like.

View attachment 17025

Cheers,
Holger

Welcome to FPA Holger :)

You can also learn more from here, Start your journey with Forex Military School

Bollinger bands seems to be best for me. I was used it for 2 years before, then was working with technical analysis, but then again returned to technical lovely BB. It is important to constantly experiment with your methods as after trying something new you will understand better the old one. My experience confirms it one more time.

MAs and Stochastics always the best for me. Used it for many years already and only this 2 indicator are the best choices for me.

I don't need any indicators to trade. There are however many traders that use indicators and they are even making good money from the market. Its not a bad thing using indicators, but you should keep the indicator count as low as possible.

The less indicators you use the better, I personally use only 3 indicators and that is plenty for a good strategy. Otherwise you can get confused (unless you fully automate your ideas). More indicators, more complex strategy, harder to automate and trade.

The less indicators you use the better, I personally use only 3 indicators and that is plenty for a good strategy. Otherwise you can get confused (unless you fully automate your ideas). More indicators, more complex strategy, harder to automate and trade.

besides make confuse , the more indicator also can make the meta trader be hangs or not work as nomally sometimes , its hard to computer to running well moreover in low spec the computer that was uses. So more indicator can make lagging the price that was going in the platform of MT4 also , so its will decrease of focus in that time also

All indicators are not possible to use for any trader . I did much practice on 3 or 4 indicators that I heard are good for their results. I had a overview of 2 indicators before open positions then decide about trading.

Bollinger bands seems to be best for me. I was used it for 2 years before, then was working with technical analysis, but then again returned to technical lovely BB. It is important to constantly experiment with your methods as after trying something new you will understand better the old one. My experience confirms it one more time.

Seems good . nothing for doubt about the powerful of bolinger bands . i also has read there are expert traders use this indicators to have stable profit and till now they still survive using this indicator. maybe its will more good if combine with moving average indicator , that is my opinion

besides make confuse , the more indicator also can make the meta trader be hangs or not work as nomally sometimes , its hard to computer to running well moreover in low spec the computer that was uses. So more indicator can make lagging the price that was going in the platform of MT4 also , so its will decrease of focus in that time also

well if you are serious about trading perhaps metatrader is not the optimal solution, maybe tradestation

Back