• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Initiating class action against BDB/OFM. Anyone welcome!

I am having an issue with a company
Is Israel bound to some bilateral treaties relating to the recognition and enforcement of a Cyprus Court
decision/judgement…..just a question ?

( …seriously doubt the Cyprus based BDB dwarfs directors would ever be solvable )

Hi Oscarra,

Both are signatories of the Hague Convention, so "yes" would be the answer to the first question. At least the Greek side of Cyprus. In addition, Greek Cypriot law is based on UK law and also is a member of the EU - which latter caused a lot of grief because of wholly inadequately policed "EU-passporting" rules... Another story!

On your second point: we know where the money is. Issuing a claim and winning in Cyprus a) conforms to EU and Cypriot regulations, b) opens the door to accessing where the money is, and c) exposes the current holders of that money to criminal prosecution.

Best regards,
Skiddaw

P.S. slight update to Haazen's first post... our group had 9 FPA members, now 19 of us are members.

BDB-OFM's days are numbered.
  • We are 35-strong and growing. From UK, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Far East, Australasia.
  • We have launched our claim against these scammers. Our case is very strong, incontestable even.
  • We know the identities of the main people involved in these scammer companies.
  • We have stopped them liquidating and running for the hills. Their only way out now is through us.
  • We have the ear of CySec. We have evidence in front of CySec that proves BDB has been lying to them since it first obtained its licence.
  • We have the ear of the Israeli Securities Agency.
  • We know of precedent cases ruling against them in Cyprus and Belize.
  • WE WILL WIN
We invite other victims of these companies to talk to us.
RESPOND TO THIS THREAD WITH YOUR SKYPE ID AND/OR EMAIL and we will be in touch.
Hello
skype name : bjankajan
  • We are 35-strong and growing. From UK, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Far East, Australasia.
  • We have launched our claim against these scammers. Our case is very strong, incontestable even.
  • We know the identities of the main people involved in these scammer companies.
  • We have stopped them liquidating and running for the hills. Their only way out now is through us.
  • We have the ear of CySec. We have evidence in front of CySec that proves BDB has been lying to them since it first obtained its licence.
  • WE WILL WIN
Hello skiddaw,

Which legal firm are you using?

Cheers

Julie

• WE WILL WIN
I believe I am already in contact with one of 35 heroes to take just and brave action. Unfortunately 'my company' is not yet under CySec umbrella but they are trying to get in. Just in case I did report to them as well. (Skype bjankajan)

Hi,
Unfortunately we are quite reluctant to give details in public forums, since we suspect BDB/OFM have spies in here.
Thus, our info is availabe for members only. It's all about security!
However, when we have launched our case within 2-3 weeks' time, it will all be public anyway.

I think it's too late. Remember the dozen or to BDB "victims" who posted here and had issues instantly resolved in 2015-2016? I'll wager you 10 pips that most or all of those were fake clients and the threads were designed to show how great BDB was at resolving issues. They obviously monitor this forum and can provide all the records needed to show that someone is a client. By publicly announcing it, you've already notified them and they've likely infiltrated you already.

The secret shouldn't be the names of the law firms. Those firms have to file in a court of law and BDB will be notified when they do. The secret should be the planned courtroom strategy.

Considering the number of fake "law firms" AsstMod has banned, you may want to check out the age of the websites and other info. Posting it here would enable others to assist to make certain that the lawyers and law firms are real.

Hello

Hello skiddaw,

Which legal firm are you using?

Cheers

Julie

Hello Julie,

Drop me your email or Skype ID and we'll discuss.

We engaged a law firm in London on a personal recommendation from an unimpeachable source. We obtained barrister's opinion from a well known chambers in London. On the barrister's recommendation, we have selected and engaged a well-established Cypriot law firm.

Skiddaw.

I think it's too late. Remember the dozen or to BDB "victims" who posted here and had issues instantly resolved in 2015-2016? I'll wager you 10 pips that most or all of those were fake clients and the threads were designed to show how great BDB was at resolving issues. They obviously monitor this forum and can provide all the records needed to show that someone is a client. By publicly announcing it, you've already notified them and they've likely infiltrated you already.

The secret shouldn't be the names of the law firms. Those firms have to file in a court of law and BDB will be notified when they do. The secret should be the planned courtroom strategy.

Considering the number of fake "law firms" AsstMod has banned, you may want to check out the age of the websites and other info. Posting it here would enable others to assist to make certain that the lawyers and law firms are real.

Pharaoh,

Skiddaw here. I am active on the same group as Haazen.

Your concern is exactly why we are coy about details. We need certain assurances from correspondents before we open up further. All our existing group members are thoroughly vetted. We are trying to allow more scammed victims to benefit from our progress. If you think that is a lost cause because this site is thoroughly compromised, then that's good advice and we'll shut down until we can go fully public. Meanwhile, we'll try this our way and take some precautionary steps over new enquirers.

To give you an indication of how careful we try to be:

We engaged a law firm in London on a personal recommendation from an unimpeachable source. We obtained barrister's opinion from a well known chambers in London. On the barrister's recommendation, we have selected and engaged a well-established Cypriot law firm.

And, you're right, our courtroom strategy is secret.

Skiddaw.

Since BDB could even have pre-prepared for this eventuality (really changing some hirelings credit card, etc.), I don't know how you could ever fully vet someone. It could be a real person with a real passport, real credit card, etc. The only difference is that the mole is paid by BDB to act like a victim.

A law firm can keep a strategy secret while still identifying themselves. Then people can take a look at the law firms site and see if it checks out or if it is likely to be a recovery room scam.

Since BDB could even have pre-prepared for this eventuality (really changing some hirelings credit card, etc.), I don't know how you could ever fully vet someone.

We are using impeccable anti-criminal institutions to do that.

Main concern remains the technical side of this project, I don’t think Cyprus courts had ever ruled any class actions of any kind, (unless someone provides an example) hope these lawyers know their job, and won’t drive a bunch of victims into the wall, wasting numbers of years…..

Last Us. Court settlement against BdB showed some 6000 just Us. Victims, fraud span of 2 years.

No way, Cyprus courts will ever be able to handle such issue, the country is not even able to protect their own state prosecutor from been bombed, not to mention their Regulator, which provided unlimited Broker licensing to numerous criminals, its Ombudsman services are struggling…..

…filling complaints to their local police, so they can start arresting all these phony directors, would be a good start!

WHY NOT consider a CLASS ACTION in Israel, various victims have already appointed Israeli Law Firms.
myself/others with Abitbol LF, Assif Nimrod LF, and so on…. absolute no reasons to hide :) we are no criminals !

Main concern remains the technical side of this project, I don’t think Cyprus courts had ever ruled any class actions of any kind, (unless someone provides an example) hope these lawyers know their job, and won’t drive a bunch of victims into the wall, wasting numbers of years…..

Last Us. Court settlement against BdB showed some 6000 just Us. Victims, fraud span of 2 years.

No way, Cyprus courts will ever be able to handle such issue, the country is not even able to protect their own state prosecutor from been bombed, not to mention their Regulator, which provided unlimited Broker licensing to numerous criminals, its Ombudsman services are struggling…..

…filling complaints to their local police, so they can start arresting all these phony directors, would be a good start!

WHY NOT consider a CLASS ACTION in Israel, various victims have already appointed Israeli Law Firms.
myself/others with Abitbol LF, Assif Nimrod LF, and so on…. absolute no reasons to hide :) we are no criminals !

Hi Oscarra,

Well we can agree there, the Cyprus courts are probably not as robust as mainstream EU or US jurisdictions. But nor are they completely BS because they are in the EU after all and an awful lot of high-end shipping business is carried on through their legal infrastructure. Anyway, for us it's a matter of due process because of whom we find ourselves claiming against. If we circumvent the Cyprus courts we'll just get kicked into touch by another jurisdiction - and that piece of advice did not come from a Cypriot lawyer out to fleece us. Check out Article 25 of the Brussels I Regulation 4.

And the Israeli courts have not exactly been falling over themselves to try these scunners, have they? It's taken the Times of Israel close on 10 months of hard work raising awareness and we've still not seen a huge public display of animosity against the industry - even the police failed to show at the Knesset committee hearing in early January and they've had to be ordered to appear at the next one scheduled for later in February. Recent utterances from the ISA and one comment from the Prime Minister's office in Israel mean that things could be moving, but, c'mon! , why's it taken the Israeli authorities so long to start to extract the digit? And why are the police still not cooperating with their own government?

For anyone who's engaged in a fight against the scammers we say, "Bring it on!" The more approaches and routes that are followed, the more work the defending lawyers will have to do (poor lambs!) and the more likely one or other approach will succeed. Thereafter the precedent will be affirmed (re-affirmed, because there are successes out there), and perhaps this time the floodgates will open against the thieves.

Best regards,
Skiddaw

Back