• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Intelli4x.com

General discussions of a financial company
Something has definitely gone wrong with the strategy at Intelli4x. They've gone from being very successful to serious drawdown. I'm continuing to monitor their signals but have suspended trading them until the situation improves.

Considering their overall track record, I am confident that they will get out of this slump, but don't know how long it will take.

Hey, this thread was great. I am really disappointed that it ended like it did.

I will say this...the most important thing about a review like this should be to determine if the signal provider is honest or not - in terms of how they report their results.

It does not appear that during the time that this review was done that there was anything dishonest about their reporting of results (though I am always bothered when I hear about a signal provider not consistently getting emails and text msgs. to their customers because this can be a form of fraud in and of itself).

And, the results since then have been pretty good. I have always felt that there is no signal service that can be traded alone, you need to build a "portfolio" of signal services that will allow you to smooth out the equity curve (if you plan to trade signal services at all that is). However, there is no combination of signal services that will prevent you from still having large drawdowns, and there is no combination of signal services that will prevent you from having overall losing months (and sometimes those losing months will be large). I was a little surprised by the tone in this thread a few times, as it sounded like we should be disappointed by the results that were being experienced, especially toward the end of the tracking....but from what (little) I know about trading, the most important thing in this exercise was to validate that they were tracking their results accurately, and then from there just look at the results before this thread began and the results since this thread began to get an overall view of whether this service would be good to trade over the long term and then leverage yourself appropriately. Matter of fact if you look at the results on their website, this thread was created and being updated at one of their worst time ever.

However, one could also make the argument that it was the fact that this thread was being updated regularly with real time results which led to the results being posted honestly during that period of time, and thus the results showing are bad. And that all of the other periods when the system has done great, it did great because no one was tracking it? I doubt that but just thought I would give food for thought. Does seem like a big coincidence that this thread was started and maintained during the worst period in their history, and then as soon as this thread was stopped things started working really well again.

At any rate, as far as I am concerned, if the results on their website our truthful / accurate, and assuming that over the long run they can be achieved after slippage, delayed signals, etc....then this is the best signal service that I have ever seen.

Has anyone who responded to this thread continued to trade the signals?

who can tell

They are some of the most honest and decent folk I have dealt with in the Forex arena. Seems though we all lost interest when the signals started tanking. My 2 biggest complaints in trading are DRAWDOWN and WITHDRAWALS. One is my timing problem and the other is Broker related. Most signal services are geared toward Swing Traders and this isnt my bag. If just being honest was the determining factor in choosing a service-these folks are hard to beat! Of course accuracy is as important. :)

Ernest 8 fingers,

I agree accuracy is just as important. In terms of most signal services being geared toward swing trading, I agree with that. As a matter of fact, I have looked for something intraday that would be successful, but I cannot find anything. All of the news services have essentially fallen apart since late 2008 / early 2009. I started trading with a trading room that trades during the US time on the GBP / JPY, and they had great initial success, but they scalped for 20 pips per trade and they use a 1000 pip stop loss. It worked really well for a while, and then they hit too many 1000 pips stops over too short a period of time, and we lost all the gains that we had made over many months. I have not been able to find any services that trade intraday at either the asian session, london session, or us session that have been able to make money on a consistent basis.

I think the longer time frames are the only signals that are going to work in the long term....but having said that, even this seems to be a gamble because most of the signal services that at one time were being discussed as the "real thing" and had a nice long track record and following of believers, are now out of business.

Even some of the current "heros" like bkforexadvisors.com, are now struggling worse than at any time in their history. I maintain a spreadsheet that tracks the performance of a number of signal services as a portolio, and even if all the results they are posting are true, April was still a giant loser for almost all services and even if you were trading a porfolio of 8-10 of the best services out there (in terms of posted results), you still would have had a significant loss for April even with having that diversification (and for some the results were so bad that they still have not even posted results for April or Month to date for May and I only know their results because I contacted them directly and asked).

At any rate, the search continues....

They are some of the most honest and decent folk I have dealt with in the Forex arena. Seems though we all lost interest when the signals started tanking. My 2 biggest complaints in trading are DRAWDOWN and WITHDRAWALS. One is my timing problem and the other is Broker related. Most signal services are geared toward Swing Traders and this isnt my bag. If just being honest was the determining factor in choosing a service-these folks are hard to beat! Of course accuracy is as important. :)

The email and text message delays were fixed, and I never saw the slightest sign of dishonestly.

Later, there were some very profitable months, but the combination of large drawdowns and the 24 hour nature of the signals made them not fit my trading style.

Back