Internet connection speed for trading the news spikes.

What kinda quotation is this?(You can just check it yourself)
Just a normal internet speed, no need for something fancy.
Make sure that's its stable and your good to go.

Well, normal is different for every country. For example, near Google campus, 100mbit fiber is normal. For my parents in Indiana, 7mbit is normal. Here in Bulgaria, 30mbit is normal. I would say on a 10mbit or higher you should be fine, as long as it is straight internet and not locally colocated 30mbit (because that means out of country is probably much slower) Also, check your dns servers. Check Opendns.org or google dns. They can speed up your connection for quite a bit... for free.

Well here in India, my speed is 3MBPS. and sometime its 2mbps, you guys are lucky you have good Internet speed. but I don't think it will affect to trading.

Honestly, unless you are on a modem or less than 1mbit/second, you shouldnt have a problem. The biggest problem is not speed but STABILITY. 100mbit/s doesnt matter a bit if it cuts out all the time.

I don't think so there is a deep connection between internet speed and trading news spikes, the best you can do is use pending order during high impact news. But variable spreads are a very big problem these days trading news with pending orders.

I don't think so there is a deep connection between internet speed and trading news spikes, the best you can do is use pending order during high impact news. But variable spreads are a very big problem these days trading news with pending orders.

Pending orders are a good way to deal with connection speed issues, but poor connection speed could leave you in a bad situation if you decide you need to manually close an order instead of waiting for it to hit SL.

Pending orders are a good way to deal with connection speed issues, but poor connection speed could leave you in a bad situation if you decide you need to manually close an order instead of waiting for it to hit SL.

I agree with you, but after the initial spike price of any pair starts trading normally and at that stage its easy to close them manually with less slippage.

Back