MT4 Is Terrible

RaidersMan

Recruit
I'm used to trading on Trading Station platform. I've had to switch to MT4 since my old broker, FXCM, sold their accounts to Forex dot com. I'm now trading only on demo accounts and trying to get used to MT4 platform.

MT4 platform is needlessly complex. For example, I use a 3 line trend on the moving average indicator to determine actual trend of the chart. This requires 3 different EMA periods, and thus, 3 different, separate lines. On MT4 platform, you don't have the option to change the colors of the different lines so can't tell which is which.

Why is MT4 so junky? Compared to Trading Station it's horrendous in function and ease of use.

You can change the colour of the moving average lines in MT4. I agree that MT4 is overly complex but once you get used to it, it is a fine platform

MT4 is much simpler than other platforms, believe me or not, in trading as well as in coding features. It took me two months to master mt4 coding using free education stuff from the internet, so now I can code my ideas myself

MT4 built is a convenience for retail to bring more money to the market. For professional, MT4 is sucks and they never linked to real exchanges. It is the broker back office to decide whether to put your order to real market.

You can change the colour of the indicators without a problem, just right-click on them and pick "Properties". Personally, I have never found MT4 to be complex, actually I've always found it to be quite intuitive to use.

I haven't tried MT5. Is it too different from MT4?
I thought they are really pretty much the same, is it worth trying, people?

Back