• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Nial Fuller Price action forex education method

General discussions of a financial company
Bored ... but still posting

Personally, I'd be very surprised if any forex educator never once showed something on a demo account or else showed how a trade could have been taken on old data.

It's pretty obvious that some people like Nial's methods and others hate them. That's common in the education field. I've had teachers and professors that I thought were great and the person sitting next to me hated. I've also hated some that the person in the next seat loved. There is no one size fits all method of teaching any subject.
Good points Pharaoh.

I was amazed to see this thread is still getting oxygen - it has a 5 star rating, yet we still have people exercising their democratic rights to freedom of speech, who were exercising those rights quite a tiresome length of time back now!

Unfortunately, they are still not happy that their many posts here have been unable to carry the message that they want - they are not only still repeating their negative message, they are also coming up with more reasons that NF is such a bad lad!

If it's not that he's a fake, it's his disclaimer ... or he never trades his calls ... or his disclaimer is his "out" ... or his members are not here 5,500-strong jostling to place their posts in support, or ... what are we going to see next?

Australian law requires that I place a disclaimer on my blog - if I am discussing financial instruments and trading. So I do. Does that make my free service a scam? If some of my calls have been wrong, does that make me a fake?

When someone succeeds in telling the markets what it should do, then there will be no markets left to trade.

If NF method was correct EVERY time, he would not have 5,500 members, he would 5.5 million! He teaches setups and probability, sound money management etc etc. If the method was fail-proof - as some seem to be lamenting that they are not - then there would be no need for money management.

If you are attempting to trade the EURUSD - despite the setups - then you are obviously a thrill-seeker today. Draghi or Bernanke can stand outside their front doors tomorrow and piss all over your charts with just one sentence from their lips!

That's the reality, and that's why we have stops, money management and disgruntled traders! We live in very uncertain times.

Look at the BOJ or SNB intervention over the past year ... how do you see that rubbish coming, technically, unless you know the levels at which intervention is likely? You don't - you just trade with your money management insitu. It is not a failure of NF strategy if setups fail. I didn't say they fail because of intervention by central banks - that was an example of one of thousands of things that upset TA setups.

LTTTTM forum is designed to teach ... to teach new traders and old ... how to handle the things that happen - fake breaks, failed trades ... your money ... and so on.

Personally, I don't see what is the problem - many people love NF - I do - and a minority have the knives out for him. So they post whatever they can wherever they can, as often as they can, in order to "expose him" or bust.

It's all about getting the probabilities on your side, and NF strategy does that very well - end of story.

On another note ... if the British forums are bully-free, then Trade2Win is not a British forum. The mentality on that forum 6 months ago was nothing less than a pack-herd getting their jollies from savaging newbies. It might have changed, but that was my experience during an attempt to develop a thread there last year.

I decided to give it a miss for that reason. The British idea of what bullying is and isn't, is odd. And that is the precise reason LTTTTM is so well moderated - to screen out the thugs who are not trading, but getting off on needling and belittling. I hope T2W has been cleaned up a bit by now.

I was not going to comment again - and I did - but I guess you will never turn a Roman into a Greek, so will leave you to it. I have better things to do in the next 6 moths - will come back then to see what you are still saying then.

On another note ... if the British forums are bully-free,

Nobody said that the British forums are "bully-free" pal!! What I'm saying is there is no bullying going on on this forum - bullying as defined by the FPA - and I gave an example of an ex-member who directly attacked Pharaoh and as a result had been banned from posting. Also, the offending post was deleted. This is a definition that FPA gives on bullying: "The FPA allows for spirited discussion, but not direct attacks on fellow members".

If you think that yourself or anyone else has been bullied you can always forward your case to an FPA moderator. That's what moderators are there for.

;)

I think even a direct attack on me might have been ok. Deliberately childish insults are probably what pushed our AsstMod over the edge.

I'm told that Spiro made a new account and posted something far worse before he was re-banned and the post was deleted.

Some of what I've seen posted against Nial would qualify in my mind as spirited discussion and differences of opinion. Some of it looks a bit like character assassination. For example, perhaps Nial doesn't need to use that CFTC disclaimer all the time, but the over-cautious use of a disclaimer is hardly proof of any misdeeds.

Look at a typical car commercial in America. If the car is doing anything other than sitting in a parking space, there's a tiny little line pasted over the image that says something about "Professional Driver on a closed course, do not attempt." I'm not going to call car companies a scam because they are afraid that someone will somehow crash while trying to re-create the most gentle maneuvers shown in a commercial and then sue the company. I'm personally surprised that anyone, anywhere can even hint at financial advice without having to tie it to 25 separate disclaimers.

Frankly, I stay away from forums completely due to the b.s , lies and bantering that goes on, I avoid them at all costs. The only time i post to a forum now days is to defend comments and to respond to peoples concerns just like yours

Just stay away mate, you've got nothing to defend, enjoy life.

Trust me, no normally adjusted adult with a modicom of intelligence would seriously allow an adolescent grade comment on an internet board to sway their judgement.

This innovation of the century that has us all feverishly tapping away our opinions to complete strangers has elevated the 'stupid person' to extremes of self expression that were once unimaginable.

This freedom allows ALL AND SUNDRY to share their stupidity with those that care to listen.

For what it's worth I think your trading ideas are sound and your free material is well presented. An intelligent noob with the will to succeed could do a lot worse than giving it the once over.

Just stay away mate, you've got nothing to defend, enjoy life.

Trust me, no normally adjusted adult with a modicom of intelligence would seriously allow an adolescent grade comment on an internet board to sway their judgement.

This innovation of the century that has us all feverishly tapping away our opinions to complete strangers has elevated the 'stupid person' to extremes of self expression that were once unimaginable.

This freedom allows ALL AND SUNDRY to share their stupidity with those that care to listen.

For what it's worth I think your trading ideas are sound and your free material is well presented. An intelligent noob with the will to succeed could do a lot worse than giving it the once over.

Right!!! So people who are criticising someone to whom they paid 334Usd or more for a course, which you can find in an "Introduction to Price Action" for free online, a commentary which tells you virtually nothing, a "Live trading forum" where there is more waffle than anything else going on, a "Mentor" who told me I'm violating the "fair use policy" for emailing him a question every few DAYS!!!..are stupid!!!

Well my friend, you can call me stupid until your face turns blue but the fact that out of 5,725 members less than 200 log in every day says it all.

:shocked:

Right!!! So people who are criticising someone to whom they paid 334Usd or more for a course, which you can find in an "Introduction to Price Action" for free online, a commentary which tells you virtually nothing, a "Live trading forum" where there is more waffle than anything else going on, a "Mentor" who told me I'm violating the "fair use policy" for emailing him a question every few DAYS!!!..are stupid!!!

Well my friend, you can call me stupid until your face turns blue but the fact that out of 5,725 members less than 200 log in every day says it all.

:shocked:
... and did you count all 200 of them, pal? 197 ... 203 ... 183 ...

oooh ... too much spare time I think, pal.

You can not be serious - you actually counted all 200?
That's actually a very healthy community - 200 members online every day.

The clock has 24 hours - maybe some members logged in and out while you were napping, or taking a pee, or a coffee?

I think it might be time you began to take some responsibility for your actions buddy-boy. There are plenty of mentors
on the site - feel free to use them occasionally too. In fact, try getting involved in the analysis and discussion,
instead of sitting on the outer sniping and whining.

That would be a mature and responsible use of a valuable membership.

Stop looking for problems and start looking for solutions. What exactly do you want others to actually do for you, pal?
Are you aware that once you get inside any forum that is a teaching environment, you are actually going to
learn nothing without commitment and effort?

The name of the forum is:

L-E-A-R-N to Trade The Market

Valid constructive criticism is always useful and not stupid.

... but drawing some final conclusion to your problem from this is.

Listen man, Mr Fullers rather nauseating victim attitude in his responses does nothing for me, but I'm not going to nail him to the cross for that. In my opinion he shouldn't even enter into the discussion but that's his choice.

We've unfortunately got some real scum out there in FX world, but I don't think this guys one of them. He's not selling magic beans like many I could mention, and if you've got customer relationship problems going on then that's between you and him.

... and did you count all 200 of them, pal? 197 ... 203 ... 183 ...

oooh ... too much spare time I think, pal.

You can not be serious - you actually counted all 200?

Are you trying to tell me that you have been a member for 8 years and you never noticed the section where it shows how many members are logged in every day 24 hours a day?!?! Right now, at 13.38 GMT, there are 168 members logged in and the number of members altogether - as the site shows - is 5,725 with the newest member called vi#i-k.

I don't have to count anything pal; it is all there in black and white!

:err:

We've unfortunately got some real scum out there in FX world, but I don't think this guys one of them. He's not selling magic beans like many I could mention, and if you've got customer relationship problems going on then that's between you and him.

I never said that Nial or his course is a scam. There is a difference between a poor course, an incompetent mentor and a scam. And my "customer relationship problems" - if that's the way you want to put it - are never between me and him; they concern every potential customer. That is the reason this site exists i.e. for posting our experience with courses, mentors, signal providers, brokers etc..

On the side: I have an open trade right now: Long Usd / Chf @ 0.8930, sl 0.8860, tp 0.9080.

I will not trail my sl so if this ends up as a losing trade I'll admit that I'm as incompetent as Nial and maybe I shouldn't criticise his methods.

Price climbed to the overbought area and hit 0.9077 before reversing to below 0.9055 at this moment 16:55 GMT.

You may check if I won or lost as I may not give an update.
:p

Very nice, makes me wonder if you can trade like that why the hell you were giving your money to him?

What a freakin awesome day! ;)

Back