Option Fm(OFM) scam -downunder

tolly

Sergeant
Hi gang-love your work-I have just been badly scammed by OFM and have got a rather technical question first off. In their eagerness to get me to sign a bonus agreement form, giving me no time at all to actually read it- I put in my membership number incorrectly. It was in the form of a PDF cloud document. I digitally signed it and the amount. Got email back instantly saying it had been approved and within 10 minutes i had lost nearly all of my investment and the bonus as well - totally irresponsible trading from a so called professional.
Over the next few days when I get my thoughts together i will continue this saga, and will follow your advice exactly-
Plz help - would appreciate some help from my fellow aussies-ta -TonyL

How did you deposit? Credit card or something else? If by card, contact your issuing bank immediately and ask for the fraud department.

If they promised you responsible trading and you can show they were obviously treating your account in a suicidal fashion, that would be "failure to provide promised service", which is often sufficient grounds for a credit card chargeback. If you do this, report back about what happens.

Hi gang-love your work-I have just been badly scammed by OFM and have got a rather technical question first off. In their eagerness to get me to sign a bonus agreement form, giving me no time at all to actually read it- I put in my membership number incorrectly. It was in the form of a PDF cloud document. I digitally signed it and the amount. Got email back instantly saying it had been approved and within 10 minutes i had lost nearly all of my investment and the bonus as well - totally irresponsible trading from a so called professional.
Over the next few days when I get my thoughts together i will continue this saga, and will follow your advice exactly-
How did you deposit? Credit card or something else? If by card, contact your issuing bank immediately and ask for the fraud department.

If they promised you responsible trading and you can show they were obviously treating your account in a suicidal fashion, that would be "failure to provide promised service", which is often sufficient grounds for a credit card chargeback. If you do this, report back about what happens.

Hi Pharaoh-Yes I did use NAB credit card and Credit union card- Havn't heard of charge back but I will give it a try- I am in Australia-
Do I still carry on compiling all the mail and evidence?- The broker is trying to get me to carry trading on trading -I am just ignoring OFM and the phone at mo-Have got all records of trading and banking-
Thank you so much for your reply- Your name certainly conjures images of power and wealth(tech)

Hi Pharaoh-Yes I did use NAB credit card and Credit union card- Havn't heard of charge back but I will give it a try- I am in Australia-
Do I still carry on compiling all the mail and evidence?- The broker is trying to get me to carry trading on trading -I am just ignoring OFM and the phone at mo-Have got all records of trading and banking-
Thank you so much for your reply- Your name certainly conjures images of power and wealth(tech)

Hi Pharaoh - just had call from NAB -its very difficult trying to explain things to stall who havn't much experience in these matters- They said they cant do a chargeback and next step is to go to the police- Do you agree -ta TonyL

Hi Tolly, get back on the phone to NAB, tell them you have not received the services provided and you do wish to go ahead with a chargeback and that you will provide evidence of the services not provided when NAB send you paperwork.
Also, ASIC's (Australian Securities and Investment Commission) www.SCAMwatch.gov.au website, www.ACORN.gov.au (Australian Cybercrime Online Reporting Network) and econsumer.gov (Cross border reporting) - report the whole incident.
Licence is held by IFSC Belize, email director@ifsc.gov.bz and put in that complaint right now!!
GO AUSSIE GO!

Hi Tolly, get back on the phone to NAB, tell them you have not received the services provided and you do wish to go ahead with a chargeback and that you will provide evidence of the services not provided when NAB send you paperwork.
Also, ASIC's (Australian Securities and Investment Commission) www.SCAMwatch.gov.au website, www.ACORN.gov.au (Australian Cybercrime Online Reporting Network) and econsumer.gov (Cross border reporting) - report the whole incident.
Licence is held by IFSC Belize, email director@ifsc.gov.bz and put in that complaint right now!!
GO AUSSIE GO!
Hey Aussie scammed-thanks so much for the encouragement- I cant believe how poorly the girls in the banks are trained--Will do as you say- my retirement money has to last longer than the brokers BMW-hey- Have also written outline v the scam so shouldn't take too long at police station tomorrow. This forum is amazing- should be mandatory study for all financial workers- Poor old Adelaide is so far behind the rest v the world -sat morning its still difficult to find a bank open- great place to live- Yea I've been in business too long to let this scammer get away with it- Bet I'm not the first nor the last victim -but he will feel the heat- LOL Tolly

Last edited by a moderator:
Wowie -Zowie- Nab gave me runaround- they made me create a secure msg in my internet banking page and send a visa dispute- Trouble was there was no provision for attachments and the like - Sent it but wasn't happy -
Then bingo- I was lucky enuff to google the NAB FAQ;s page and easily downloaded the NAB Card dispute form:
http://www.nab.com.au/personal/bank...ute-and-chargeback-frequently-asked-questions
Fill it out tonight I reckon-Went to Police -they said couldn't do anything till did report with Acorn.
Did report to Acorn-then Scamwatch-then mail to IFSC Belize- Aussie scammed saved me heaps v time -thank u!!!!!!!
I reckon I'm well on the way and pretty confident now-It is a long winded process but has to be done !
A good way to describe it-YOU HAVE PAID FOR GOODS, BUT NOT RECEIVED THEM, so it gives the Visa boys a back door to retrieve your money-Thanks guys-TL

Good job. Keep collecting evidence and keep the police, bank, Acorn, etc. updated. If you get a file number from Acorn, post it here so anyone else complaining can reference it. File with eConsumer.gov and post that complaint number too.

For the chargeback, another option is to say that withdrawals are part of the promised services and they are not providing the promised service. If your bank still won't cooperate, you can enlist professional help from a chargeback assistance service like WinChargeback.com

Good job. Keep collecting evidence and keep the police, bank, Acorn, etc. updated. If you get a file number from Acorn, post it here so anyone else complaining can reference it. File with eConsumer.gov and post that complaint number too.

For the chargeback, another option is to say that withdrawals are part of the promised services and they are not providing the promised service. If your bank still won't cooperate, you can enlist professional help from a chargeback assistance service like WinChargeback.com
Hi Pharaoh- Yes I'm just getting a package ready to send to NAB chargeback now- Ha got mail yesterday from OFM saying that they wanna see my account rise- NOT LIKELY- Unfortunately I think that I'm just the start of many -many scams- because like me there are many baby boomers that have just retired, and realize you can't NOT TRY SOMETHING!- I think its very important to set an example in which ever way we can -so that others can follow a recovery procedure Quickly and easily - This Forum is a wonderful example v people power- Thank you - Tl

Hi gang-love your work-I have just been badly scammed by OFM

Back