• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Info Phoenix Advisors Limited

Asking questions about a company

Sanctity

Recruit
I recently posted a thread about being scammed by Banc de Binary. I have since received an email from Phoenix Advisors Limited offering their services to help recover the money lost. The cost (they say) is 20% of the monies that I successfully reclaim from Banc de Binary. Otherwise there is no cost.

Has anyone heard of this firm? Are they legit or just another scammer? .phoenixadvisorsgroup.com

Cheers

So, a company you've never heard of contacts you out of the blue to offer to help you recover money. Sort of makes me wonder how they happened to know that you had an issue with BDB. It's not like they can look this sort of thing up in the phone book.

This sounds very much like "recovery room fraud" - you get ripped off in any of dozens of ways and then some helpful person materializes out of nowhere to offer assistance. This typically only results in larger losses.

They claim no cost, but I'll wager at some point, they'll need some (allegedly refundable) money from you.

Ask Phoenix Advisors how long they've been around? (Hint: Whois info shows the website was registered on Feb 11, 2015).

They claim to be in the UK (despite having the website registered and hosted in Poland). Ask them for their Companieshouse registration number.

Ask them how they magically found out your contact info and knew about your issue.

If they survive this, there are more questions.

One advice, away from them. You will get lots of call like this and at the end they asked you deposit some money to them to recover your lost. Its means you are going to lost again some money if you believe them.

I was also contacted by them.. we need to be careful with this sort of things now and don't believe everything they tell you.
It's better to do our own investigations. Good that you posted this thread. Thanks.

If these people are so great, why don't they come here and introduce themselves.

If these people are so great, why don't they come here and introduce themselves.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

we are a company registered in the UK. We charge our clients only if we succeed in retrieving their funds from the on-line scam sites. Our fee is 20% off the amount recovered. We will not ask you for “deposits” as we are not a broker. We know that some of you have been cheated by the villainous companies based on your own entries in the forums, including FPA. Your contact details are also traded among the brokers, affiliates, and other enterprises – the difference is they use the data to harm you, whereas we do it to help you. We have chosen this specialty as there seems to be a big demand for such kind of services in the Internet. Since the need by far exceeds our capacity to help all people, we pick up our clients and after their cases are finished, we take on new tasks. So far, we have managed to retrieve funds for many persons from all around the world and received their positive feedback. Of course, we won’t share our know-how here, but we can tell we exploit a few legal avenues in order to effect refund for our clients coupled with a very comprehensive research into the illegal phenomenon. We are in contact with the authorities, financial regulators, and banks. We have good intentions and are a legitimate company, you can check us with the Companies House. Many stories we’ve come across recently are so dire: some people have lost their houses, businesses, family, even children – as a result of the scam brokers’ practices. Our mission is to help them stand on an even kneel and “reborn” financially – that’s what our name “Phoenix Advisors” stands for.

Best regards,

Sebastian Budzinski

CEO at Phoenix Advisors Ltd.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

we are a company registered in the UK. We charge our clients only if we succeed in retrieving their funds from the on-line scam sites. Our fee is 20% off the amount recovered. We will not ask you for “deposits” as we are not a broker. We know that some of you have been cheated by the villainous companies based on your own entries in the forums, including FPA. Your contact details are also traded among the brokers, affiliates, and other enterprises – the difference is they use the data to harm you, whereas we do it to help you. We have chosen this specialty as there seems to be a big demand for such kind of services in the Internet. Since the need by far exceeds our capacity to help all people, we pick up our clients and after their cases are finished, we take on new tasks. So far, we have managed to retrieve funds for many persons from all around the world and received their positive feedback. Of course, we won’t share our know-how here, but we can tell we exploit a few legal avenues in order to effect refund for our clients coupled with a very comprehensive research into the illegal phenomenon. We are in contact with the authorities, financial regulators, and banks. We have good intentions and are a legitimate company, you can check us with the Companies House. Many stories we’ve come across recently are so dire: some people have lost their houses, businesses, family, even children – as a result of the scam brokers’ practices. Our mission is to help them stand on an even kneel and “reborn” financially – that’s what our name “Phoenix Advisors” stands for.

Best regards,

Sebastian Budzinski

CEO at Phoenix Advisors Ltd.

registration number 09430997
for this company it no where says what kind of activity you are doing. moreover this comp is registered in the month of feb 2015.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Please find hereunder the answers to your questions about us that intrigued you so far in this thread.

1) As per company details, visit:
Phoenix Advisors Ltd - Endole

2) We are indeed a young company, founded in February 2015, just as you have noticed, however, in that short time we were able to restore over 300.000 USD to our clients, thanks to our intensive work, knowledge and co-operation with prominent financial institutions.

3) @Pharaoh "This sounds very much like "recovery room fraud" - we understand all your concern, however, we do not charge any funds upfront from our clients. The only fee we take is 20% [negotiable between up to 50%, depending on how difficult and time-consuming we assess the case to be, based on the informations provided].

Simply put, we offer you our time, and knowledge and you do not have to risk a single penny, until we are successfully able to get you a refund from the company that scammed you, and even then the refund goes straight back onto your account, so we do not get anything out of it ourselves, apart for the initially agreed percentage.

4) We do not contact you out of the blue, as it is a public forum and we have read through your cases here on FPA, then contacted you via private messages. You should understand that keeping low-profile as a young company literally fighting against endless world of scam was and is still important to us as you never know what kind of people you can expect to be in charge of them.

5) Yes, we are registered in U.K., however we operate from Poland, as you have noted, our website is hosted here as well. The explanation to this is very simple we were concerned with the enormous taxes our government puts on employers. As a young company, that lives only on the commission of successfully resolved cases it was important for us to reduce such costs as much as possible.

6) @FxMaster - once again I would like to state, nowhere on our website nor messages will you find any type of 'deposit' or charging any funds upfront from our clients. We do not ask for personal details or any private documents either, nor do we offer anything else besides our service.

Feel free to ask anything you would like to learn as we are more than willing to co-operate and introduce ourselves to you dear FPA members.

Yours sincerely,
Marcin Iglicki
Co-Founder & Chief Marketing Officer
Phoenix Advisors Ltd.

Last edited:
How many of your employees are lawyers? Are there links to their law licenses anywhere?

Sorry if I sound suspicious, but I've seen more than one "We're here to help you recover money." company turn out to be a "We're here to help ourselves to your money." company. The more verifiable facts you can provide, the less suspicious your company will seem.

Back