Possible Scam - Oanda Triggers Pending Orders Behind the Scenes

bloxa

Recruit
Oanda's latest weird problem (MT4)-

When I have pending orders, some of them get triggered behind the scenes at Oanda but it never gets reflected on my side, I still see those order as being pending orders in MT4. When I check the order status from my script, I get the info from the server that those orders are pending orders.

Now - if I log out and then immediately log back in, suddenly some of the orders that used to be pending just seconds before that are displayed as positions. That means they are triggered behind the scenes but I don't see it in my MT4 terminal. Obviously, when I try to close some orders I get FIFO violation message because there are some other hidden position(s) in my account that I don't see until I re-login and those hidden positions are older since they have the same origination time as pending orders they originated from. Please see the screenshots:

Before the logout - pending order 202542444 and 202542445 are displayed as pending orders and the current price is above the pending orders >>> 1.17640:

Now I log out and log back in just seconds later and suddenly 202542444 and 202542445 are not pending orders anymore. The price haven't moved much though, it's still above the pending orders >>> 1.17637.
Please also notice the time - it's the same time when the pending order was placed (am not sure it's supposed to be that way):

And that means if I tried to close any orders before the re-login, I would get FIFO violation message since the time for my pending orders now turned into positions would be way older. That is because the time for the orders triggered behind the scenes is the same as when the pending order was placed. By the way, I am not sure this is supposed to be like that either. That should be the time when the order was triggered, not when it was originally placed as a pending order.

I hope this info might help some people who think about opening a live account with Oanda. I do have one with them but after all those weird things I am thinking about moving my money somewhere else. Too bad, there aren't many FX brokers who take US residents.

PS. I started working on that issue with Oanda's support last week, but there is no resolution as of now and the problem persists. The tech support guys told me they would work with MetaQuotes on that. Didn't hear from them sofar. Obviously, I stopped trading live with them, now it's demo only until the issue is fixed or something.

Oanda's latest weird problem (MT4)-

When I have pending orders, some of them get triggered behind the scenes at Oanda but it never gets reflected on my side, I still see those order as being pending orders in MT4. When I check the order status from my script, I get the info from the server that those orders are pending orders.

Now - if I log out and then immediately log back in, suddenly some of the orders that used to be pending just seconds before that are displayed as positions. That means they are triggered behind the scenes but I don't see it in my MT4 terminal. Obviously, when I try to close some orders I get FIFO violation message because there are some other hidden position(s) in my account that I don't see until I re-login and those hidden positions are older since they have the same origination time as pending orders they originated from. Please see the screenshots:

Before the logout - pending order 202542444 and 202542445 are displayed as pending orders and the current price is above the pending orders >>> 1.17640:

Now I log out and log back in just seconds later and suddenly 202542444 and 202542445 are not pending orders anymore. The price haven't moved much though, it's still above the pending orders >>> 1.17637.
Please also notice the time - it's the same time when the pending order was placed (am not sure it's supposed to be that way):

And that means if I tried to close any orders before the re-login, I would get FIFO violation message since the time for my pending orders now turned into positions would be way older. That is because the time for the orders triggered behind the scenes is the same as when the pending order was placed. By the way, I am not sure this is supposed to be like that either. That should be the time when the order was triggered, not when it was originally placed as a pending order.

I hope this info might help some people who think about opening a live account with Oanda. I do have one with them but after all those weird things I am thinking about moving my money somewhere else. Too bad, there aren't many FX brokers who take US residents.

PS. I started working on that issue with Oanda's support last week, but there is no resolution as of now and the problem persists. The tech support guys told me they would work with MetaQuotes on that. Didn't hear from them sofar. Obviously, I stopped trading live with them, now it's demo only until the issue is fixed or something.
When was last conversation or reply you had from their customer care about the MetaQuotes?

FxMaster, thanks for a quick reply. I talked to Oanda's tech support yesterday, May 21st. It was a different tech and his main message was like "you already have a ticket open, just send an email with your additional info to frontdesk@oanda.com". I did that and received a generic reply. They don't seem to be very concerned about the fact that their system triggers pending orders at wrong prices and does it behind the scenes, so the user doesn't see it in MT4 terminal. After that everything is locked and user cannot close neither pending orders nor his positions.

FxMaster, thanks for a quick reply. I talked to Oanda's tech support yesterday, May 21st. It was a different tech and his main message was like "you already have a ticket open, just send an email with your additional info to frontdesk@oanda.com". I did that and received a generic reply. They don't seem to be very concerned about the fact that their system triggers pending orders at wrong prices and does it behind the scenes, so the user doesn't see it in MT4 terminal. After that everything is locked and user cannot close neither pending orders nor his positions.
Few steps that you must follow to draw their attention to your issue,
Follow the suggested steps below:

If you deposited your money via credit card then contact the credit card customer care asap and ask them to file a chargeback.
Invite them to join this thread via email (Send an email to every possible address).

Go to their website and invite them to here via Live Chat
You will find their email and address https://www.oanda.com/resources/about/contact/
Also, Share your story as a review here https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews/88/www.oanda.com

You can also share your story on their social media pages mentioned below:

https://www.facebook.com/OANDAfx / (Click on MORE and you will find write review option there)
https://twitter.com/OANDA
https://www.youtube.com/oanda
https://plus.google.com/+oanda/posts

PS: Don’t forget to edit your thread or review when your issue get shorted out.

Back