• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Rakuten Securities aka FXCM Asia

RaidersMan

Recruit
Apparently, Rakuten securities based out of Hong Kong purchased FXCM Asia. They offer Trading Station platform which is a huge plus in my book. They also apparently allow hedging as well. I can't tell if they allow US citizens and if they are a market maker or not because their website doesn't elaborate on these points as far as I can tell.

Does anyone here know anything about them or have experience with them? I would open an account if they are not a market maker and allow US citizens.

https://www.sec.rakuten.com.hk/en/

Wouldn't the easiest option be to ask them directly?

If they don't accept US citizens now, keep tabs on what goes on relative to Dodd-Frank rules. Chances are there will be at least some relaxation of those in the not-to-distant future.

Wouldn't the easiest option be to ask them directly?

If they don't accept US citizens now, keep tabs on what goes on relative to Dodd-Frank rules. Chances are there will be at least some relaxation of those in the not-to-distant future.

Dodd-Frank was bad but not nearly as devastating to the US economy as Sarbanes-Oxley.

Sometime I am wonder why broker not accepted US citizens, usually broker from Rusian often when visit site company will get notified restricted for US citizens, but I am never ask why these company has these rules

Sometime I am wonder why broker not accepted US citizens, usually broker from Rusian often when visit site company will get notified restricted for US citizens, but I am never ask why these company has these rules

Four years ago the oldest bank in my country was pleaded guilty in a New York court
for assisting US-citizens on hiding money from the Internal Revenue Service.
The bank had to pay a fee of over 50 millions Dollars. After 270 years they closed down.

So nowadays many banks & brokers are beeing over-cautious to avoid fees from the US,
because US-citizens always have to pay taxes is the US, no matter the country they live in.

Because from time to time, the CFTC will take offshore brokers to court and get a big judgement against them for daring to accept US Citizens.

It just happened to Tallinex:

http://www.cftc.gov/PressRoom/PressReleases/7568-17

Back