Resolved - Banc De Binary Apple Venture Scam

ask2000

Private, 1st Class
Hi All,

I would like to share my experience with Banc De Binary.

I am new to Binary Trading and opened account with BDB. Soon after that I received call from my "Account Manager" David Hope. I initially deposited $250 and he asked me to deposit $10K to have monthly passive income.

Second day, he send me an email stating they have an Apple venture deal ending on 25th Dec with guarantees returns and protection offered in case they incur loss with starting amount of $10K with $8300 returns, $25K and $50K package.

See attached email for further details. I told him that I am just starting in Binary and want to just invest $15K as my starting amount; given it was "risk free". Later David convinced me to deposit total $30K with guaranteed profit of $24K which will be deposited into my account on 26th Dec.

After reading some negative remarks of BDB, I told them that I will be just investing $10K and wish to get my $20K refunded back into my account. I received call from David Hope stating given amount is over $10K, he will require his accounts team to call me and help with refund process and he asked me to cancel my refund request on system.

Later on Friday 11 Dec night, I received call from John from accounts department stating he was going to help me with process refund. He said given your Apple venture contract was already bought by BDB, we need to sell it in market and buy back and then refund my $20K. He asked me to place trade with immediate expiry for $30K. As per his instructions, I placed various trades and when my account balance was $184 he informed me that we are done. I said when will my refund be processed. He said that David Hope will call me and give further info. I have tried to call David Hope many times, left msg, and contacted their customer service, escalated to compliance team without any further luck.

Yesterday on 14th Dec, I received call from "Jimmy" stating he's my new account manager. I asked him about my refund and he said I can see that you have made $30K loss on Friday and to recover that you need to deposit another $15K and he will give me bonus. I explained him the entire situation and he said what David and John have done, he is not responsible and can't assist me further.

I have recorded calls from Jimmy and also have taken video of my skype call conversation with John asking me to place trades. I am loading that video on YouTube and will paste the link here soon.

PS: I have made payments via credit card and I guess bank can process chargeback.

I would really appreciate if you can let me know how I can fight this battle with BDB and get my money back.

Also, can you please let me know how I can upload all documents, as I tried to use upload a file and it was giving me error.

Moderation Team Note: If you specify what the error was, it would be easier for someone to suggest a solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Email Conv with BDB

Sent: Monday, December 14, 2015 8:02 AM
To: David H <davidho@bbinary.com>; info <info@bbinary.com>; Tracey Ludlam <tracey.l@bbinary.eu>; admin <admin@bbinary.com>; oren@bancdebinary.com
Subject: Refund Request
Importance: High

Dear BDB Team,

My account no is: 9/0001121588

I had deposited $30K and requested for refund of $20K back into my account & $10K to be deposited into Apple venture.

Please see below email for further details.

To date, I have not received my refund notification and neither Apple venture contracts.

I would appreciate if you can have a look into this matter and resolve this at earliest.

Thanks in advance.

Regards – AK

Date: 12 December 2015 at 3:47:41 AM AEDT
To: David H <davidho@bbinary.com>
Cc: David H <davidho@bbinary.com>, "compliance@bbinary.com" <compliance@bbinary.com>
Subject: Re: Apple - this is Christmas package!

Hi David,

I had requested a refund of $20k.

As per your request, John from your accounts team had called me and I processed few trades as requested by John. He asked me to cancel my refund request and said new request will be processed back to my credit card. After that he said you will call me for further instruction on my account & apple venture.

Still I haven't received any calls. I have tried to contact you via Skype many times and have sent msgs as well. Now my account shows balance of $198 only.

Can you please ensure $20k refund is processed and $10k is deposited into Apple venture at earliest ?

Please keep me in loop

Thanks - AK

Sent from my iPhone

Sent: Friday, 11 December 2015 11:27 AM
To: 'David H'; 'compliance@bbinary.com'; 'admin@bbinary.com'
Subject: RE: Apple - this is Christmas package!

Hi David and BDB Team,

I have done enough research and I have seen extremely disgruntled customers who have made more loss then profits. I have seen more negative remarks than positive.

In fact I spoke with one of the person who had to face this wrath and had to go thru agony of losing all his money.

As I informed you, I am at extremely high risk if I don’t get my money back on time.

Hence, I have come to conclusion to withdraw $20K from my account and go with $10K for this deal.

If this deal goes thru well, you have my assurance that I will continue to trade with you. Let’s take baby steps instead of running and falling on our face.

I would appreciate if you can respect my decision without being further pushy. As I told you, this is my first time with BDB and I want to try it before I make my further investments.

I have requested for withdrawal of $20K from my account and would appreciate if you can get your accounts team to process it at earliest.

Looking forward for your cooperation.

Regards – AK

On 11 Dec 2015, at 10:28 AM, AK wrote:

Hi David,

It’s disheartening to see fellow Aussie scammed by BDB, again in one of the Apple ventures (with your name involved as well)

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/comm...cammed-by-banc-de-binary-for-15-000aud.40689/

I have already increase my share from USD $15K to USD $30K and have informed you that I have house settlement in early Jan.

I am not sure if it’s a fact or fake review, but I want assurance from your company that in worst situation, even if we lose this venture, I will get my initial deposit of USD $30K back into my account on same day (i.e. 25th Dec)

As discussed earlier, after this venture (if profitable) I will withdraw my initial deposit + some profits and will leave decent amount into my account for further trading. If the deal makes loss, I need my initial deposit into account on same day to be transferred into my account at earliest without any further catch.

Also, I am still not clear on verbal verification taken by your accounts team on “pending withdrawals”. I don’t understand this term as I have already deposited funds into your account and once deal is over, all I request you to deposit funds back in my account.

I want everything clearly mention on legal contracts. I hope you understand my situation and predicament.

Look forward to speak with you.

Thanks – AK

Sent: Tuesday, 8 December 2015 5:42 PM
To: AK

Hello AK,

In regards to our conversation earlier and as a replay to your email I want to clarify that all of the above clauses are correct and agreed as between us

Banc De Binary and yourself Mr. Amol Khuntale, Account no. 1121588.

Best regards ,

David Hope

Banc De Binary

Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 2015 8:38 AM
To: David H <davidho@bbinary.com>

Hi David,

Thanks for your call.

As per our conversation, my understanding about this deal is as follows:

&#0;. I need to deposit USD 30,000 into Banc De Binary account.

&#0;. Net projected profit will be at least USD $24,900

&#0;. In a situation, where we lose the deal, Banc De Binary will refund my original deposit of USD 30,000

&#0;. After this deal, I will withdraw my initial amount + some profit, but we have an understanding that I will leave some decent amount to trade in future.

&#0;. I am not accepting any bonus.

&#0;. There is no further catch on this deal that I have to deal x no of times before I withdraw funds.

I would appreciate if you can confirm these terms and reply me with your confirmation at earliest.

Warm Regards,

AK

Sent: Tuesday, 8 December 2015 8:36 AM
To: 'davidho@bbinary.com'

Thanks David,

Can you tell me more about your investment protection.

In the situation if we lose funds, you said firm will credit it back to us.

If there any catch on this – that we have to trade 30 times the amount for us to get that amount et all?

PS: I am not interested in the bonus offer by you.

I am interested in this deal, but can you tell me more about it?

My account ID is:

You can reach me on +61 04

Regards - AK

Date: 8 December 2015 at 12:28:48 AM AEDT
Subject: Apple - this is Christmas package!

Hi,

Have a look at the venture I am hosting for apple investment venture .

Time frame : 2-4 weeks

Projected profit : 83%-87%

Protection : YES (for 10K investment above , in case the funds are lost in the venture they will be credited by the firm)

Each and every time when apple reported their Christmas sales over the past 5 years the stock rise by 2.5%-7.5% and we expect this Christmas time to be exactly the same

Giving us the opportunity to capitalize very fast and in higher % then normal.

Apple Packages :

1. 10K package : Projected profit 8300$
1 expiry for the 25th

2. 25K package : Projected profit 26,100$

5K from our side – bonus
3 X 10K trades 25th – 2th .

3. 50k package : Projected profit 54,375$

12.5K from our side – bonus
5 x 10K trades 25th – 2th
1X 12.5K trade for 8th

Apple Christmas venture is offered as protected capital – in case Apple trades will expire out of the money banc de binary rolls over the risk to its doorstep and will credit the account holder with the value of the lost trade/s .

See youtube link to this scam where John is asking me to place loosing trades. I had asked for refund and he clearly states in this video that after this trades are placed, you will get yo ur refund.

YouTube Link:

Actions taken:
Lodged complaints with BDB complaints team. Received call from Tracey stating she’s looking into this matter. I have provided her with video evidence of John asking me to place loosing trades (youtube), Skype conversation with David Ho asking me to cancel my refund request, recorded telephonic conversation with Jimmy & David Ho.

I have contacted my bank and requested for chargeback. I will provide them with all this evidence.

I have lodged complaints with following regulators:
ASIC (Australia) – Ref No 93445014
ACORN (Australia) – Ref No ARN-TKHA-78HF
Scamwatch (Australia) – Ref No 37102
eConsumer.Gov (Global) – Ref No 68106322
UK Financial Ombudsman – Ref No 00001
Cyprus Financial Ombudsman - Emails

What are my changes of getting my refund? What should be my next action?

Investor Complaints Relating to Platforms Fraudulent Binary Options Trading
The SEC and CFTC have received numerous complaints
of fraud associated with websites that offer an opportunity
to buy or trade binary options through Internet-based
trading platforms. The complaints fall into at least three
categories: refusal to credit customer accounts or reimburse
funds to customers; identity theft; and manipulation of
software to generate losing trades.
The first category of alleged fraud involves the refusal of
certain Internet-based binary options trading platforms
to credit customer accounts or reimburse funds after
accepting customer money. These complaints typically
involve customers who have deposited money into
their binary options trading account and who are then
encouraged by “brokers” over the telephone to deposit
additional funds into the customer account. When
customers later attempt to withdraw their original
deposit or the return they have been promised, the
trading platforms allegedly cancel customers’ withdrawal
requests, refuse to credit their accounts, or ignore their
telephone calls and emails.
The second category of alleged fraud involves identity
theft. For example, some complaints allege that certain
Internet-based binary options trading platforms may
be collecting customer information such as credit card
and driver’s license data for unspecified uses. If a binary
options Internet-based trading platform requests
photocopies of your credit card, driver’s license, or
other personal data, do not provide the information.
The third category of alleged fraud involves the
manipulation of the binary options trading software
to generate losing trades. These complaints allege that
the Internet-based binary options trading platforms
manipulate the trading software to distort binary options prices and payouts.
For example, when a customer’s trade is “winning,” the countdown to expiration is
extended arbitrarily until the trade becomes a loss.

Read more.... http://www.sec.gov/investor/alerts/ia_binary.pdf

Thanks for the info. Tracey Ludlam from BDB complaints team is investigating this case. She said she'll resolve and update me by this Friday. What should be my next course of action? And how can we nab this guy and ensure they don't scam other people?

Yesterday evening I received call from Tracey stating she admits to the scam and happy to refund my original request of $20K and give $10K as bonus. I informed her that I need my $30K full refund, she said she wants me to remove YouTube video, take back complaints filled with regulators and delete this post as well. I will need to sign waiver form. Later, she mailed be below email, stating she can only refund me $25K. I want my $30K back as I have my house settlement which I have informed her.

Hi

Sorry for the delay I have gone back to our legal and they will increase the offer to 25k meeting you half way.

You have a win ratio of over 70% and have already withdrawn.

Please advise if this is acceptable and I can arrange for the waiver to be sent and we can get the money released back to you.

Regards

Tracey

Back