RESOLVED Case# 2015-177 | pieter vogel vs plus500.com

Based on the available evidence, do you believe that Plus500.com is guilty?

• Guilty

Votes: 68 100.0%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ℹ️ Info ⭐ Reviews ❓FAQ
....I mean, since there are 68 guilty votes, do we still label this broker as a scam broker?

This is precisely the problem with "trigger happy" voters here at the FPA who simply vote "guilty" without reading the whole thread/facts.
If we are going to be a credible "court" we have to vote responsibly.

At last, one good case outcome here! I am just wondering if they would have sent you your money if you did not open this case against them!

....I mean, since there are 68 guilty votes, do we still label this broker as a scam broker?

This is precisely the problem with "trigger happy" voters here at the FPA who simply vote "guilty" without reading the whole thread/facts.

I closed the poll and marked the issue Resolved shortly after Pieter reported the issue as resolved. Nearly every vote came in before he reported the issue as resolved. In general, more than 80% of the votes come in during the first 24 hours after I send the mailing.

I did fail to post one update myself. When the case moved to the Open Cases folder, I sent one final message to Plus500. I let them know that their repeated instant closing of trouble-tickets on Pieter's issue lead to the case going to a vote. I cannot prove it, but I firmly believe that moving the case to Open Cases and starting the vote is the reason Pieter finally got his money.

I have the feeling that if too many people filed cases at once, Plus500 wouldn't be able to get the problems fixed in time to avoid getting 3 guilty votes.

I have the feeling that if too many people filed cases at once, Plus500 wouldn't be able to get the problems fixed in time to avoid getting 3 guilty votes.
Agree,and if too many people filed cases agains Plus500 that's means this broker is really a problem broker.

Great news, not everyday we can read a case that is resolved. By the way, Plus500 is LSE listed broker but traders should be careful with which branch the account is opened.
Anyway, I see the closing of support tickets and marking them as resolved when the problem still exists as very bad customer support service. I am not trading with them but I really hope that they will improve it.

RahmanSL--that's why i did not vote on this one and gave it a little time to percolate. --feaisland55

OBSERVATION--there were at least 3 factors here that haven't been present in a lot of other (unsuccessful) cases: 1.mastercard was used for funding(and probably would have been available for a timely chargeback request), 2.a relatively large amount of money was involved(perhaps telling the broker "don't f*** with this rich guy" or "don't steal something so big you're going into Grand Theft Land"), and 3."trouble tickets" were used somehow for addressing the problem. don't know if any of these 3 are important, but just thought i'd mention them. maybe it's good to fund your account via mastercard, put in a lot of $$$ and act like a rich guy, and use "trouble tix" when the broker tries to rip you off.--feaisland55

Back