Resolved - MaxCFD SCAM.

Fiona

Private
I was looking online and saw an advertisement for bitcoin trading and MaxCFD as a reliable, trustworthy broker. I thought I'd sign up and have a look at what is involved, just out of curiosity and clicked the link to their website. Once I realised there was more to it like copying ID and signing agreements, I left it. I had imputted in my phone number and name, no more.
A few minutes later I got a call and I explained that I wasn't sure I if wanted to invest, the man on the phone with an American accent) informed me that it was a limited opportunity that may not still be available tomorrow. I said I needed to discuss any investment with my husband and he told me that if I deposited $250 USD I could withdraw it the following day if I decided not to go ahead, that it would be no problem. I told him I didn't have fax machine and couldn't fax documents to them, he said there was no need, I could deposit over the phone with my credit card. He sounded impatient, my child was crying in the background, he asked me how old I am and told me I sounded younger when I gave my age. Anyhow, I foolishly gave him my card details and immediately regretted it. The conversation ended abruptly.
I went online and tried to open my "account". I was required to send copies of passport, credit card back and front and to sign a document and do a rubbing of my credit card also! I sent a copy of my passport as it was out of date the following day, so I couldn't see that that would be too dangerous and they had my card details already so that had been done. I signed the document and sent an email with these to them. I got an email a few minutes later from Michael Van Cleef asking to contact me by phone the following day. I emailed him the following morning as I had received the following email from support:

"Dear Madam

Good day.

Hope you are doing well.

We have well received your email, however there are a few more documents which you need to send through.
  • Credit/Debit card Authorization F-306 - Print, Fill out and sign. In the chart, you need to fill the Date and amount of the deposit.
  • Authorization Form I-402 -"Compliance Process Form" you need to fill out the form and sign.
  • Credit-card Photos - A COLORED copy of the front
  • Proof of Residence: Utility Bill, local authority tax bill or Bank Statement – these must must contain the present address and name and should have been issued within the last 3 months.

Please submit the copy of your identification documents as a scanned image (.jpg, .doc or .pdf) by return email and please note that the documents must be scanned or pictured fully with all the four edges visible.

Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

With regards to withdrawal, please note that whenever you wish to, you can input a withdrawal request on your MAXCFD account which would then get diverted to our Finance Team where the needful will be processed.

P.S. Please reply on support@maxcfd.com
With thanks & Regards
Amy
Support Department"

I then looked up other reviews online on MaxCFD and came across some disturbing threads on this website. I also found out that they are owned by Chemmi Holdings Limited who used to own Binary Tilt, who have an awful repputation for scamming peple. I spoke to my husband and told him I felt like a fool for giving away that money.
I rang my bank and explained what had happened and cancelled my credit card.
I continued to email MaxCFD for my money back. Michael Van Cleef assured me I would be refunded but Amy and Grace Paul, the Compliance Manager would not refund me without signing further documents and sending personal info. I insisted I would be signing no more, I wanted a refund. I didn't want their service and had availed of no service.
Michael Van Cleef got a bit annoyed: "WELL I PASSED YOUR REQUEST 4 TIMES ALREADY, PROBABLY SOMEONE IS NOT MAKING HES JOB." On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 4:12 PM and then:

Hey Fiona,

I am not a compliance or finance representative.
I have forwarded your requests to the correct and appropriate departments.
Please contact me only for trading purposes.
Otherwise, direct requests to cs@maxcfd.com and support@maxcfd.com

Thank you and I look forward to you not bothering me again

Michael

And that's the last I've heard from them.
I have sent them some more emails requesting my money and pointing out the dangers of scamming/ defrauding but no reply. I will do my best to try to get my money back. But it's not just the money that bothers me, it's the fact that these people have no morals, they don't care who they hurt and will continue doing it to others if they are not stopped.

I was looking online and saw an advertisement for bitcoin trading and MaxCFD as a reliable, trustworthy broker. I thought I'd sign up and have a look at what is involved, just out of curiosity and clicked the link to their website. Once I realised there was more to it like copying ID and signing agreements, I left it. I had imputted in my phone number and name, no more.
A few minutes later I got a call and I explained that I wasn't sure I if wanted to invest, the man on the phone with an American accent) informed me that it was a limited opportunity that may not still be available tomorrow. I said I needed to discuss any investment with my husband and he told me that if I deposited $250 USD I could withdraw it the following day if I decided not to go ahead, that it would be no problem. I told him I didn't have fax machine and couldn't fax documents to them, he said there was no need, I could deposit over the phone with my credit card. He sounded impatient, my child was crying in the background, he asked me how old I am and told me I sounded younger when I gave my age. Anyhow, I foolishly gave him my card details and immediately regretted it. The conversation ended abruptly.
I went online and tried to open my "account". I was required to send copies of passport, credit card back and front and to sign a document and do a rubbing of my credit card also! I sent a copy of my passport as it was out of date the following day, so I couldn't see that that would be too dangerous and they had my card details already so that had been done. I signed the document and sent an email with these to them. I got an email a few minutes later from Michael Van Cleef asking to contact me by phone the following day. I emailed him the following morning as I had received the following email from support:

"Dear Madam

Good day.

Hope you are doing well.

We have well received your email, however there are a few more documents which you need to send through.
  • Credit/Debit card Authorization F-306 - Print, Fill out and sign. In the chart, you need to fill the Date and amount of the deposit.
  • Authorization Form I-402 -"Compliance Process Form" you need to fill out the form and sign.
  • Credit-card Photos - A COLORED copy of the front
  • Proof of Residence: Utility Bill, local authority tax bill or Bank Statement – these must must contain the present address and name and should have been issued within the last 3 months.

Please submit the copy of your identification documents as a scanned image (.jpg, .doc or .pdf) by return email and please note that the documents must be scanned or pictured fully with all the four edges visible.

Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

With regards to withdrawal, please note that whenever you wish to, you can input a withdrawal request on your MAXCFD account which would then get diverted to our Finance Team where the needful will be processed.

P.S. Please reply on support@maxcfd.com
With thanks & Regards
Amy
Support Department"

I then looked up other reviews online on MaxCFD and came across some disturbing threads on this website. I also found out that they are owned by Chemmi Holdings Limited who used to own Binary Tilt, who have an awful repputation for scamming peple. I spoke to my husband and told him I felt like a fool for giving away that money.
I rang my bank and explained what had happened and cancelled my credit card.
I continued to email MaxCFD for my money back. Michael Van Cleef assured me I would be refunded but Amy and Grace Paul, the Compliance Manager would not refund me without signing further documents and sending personal info. I insisted I would be signing no more, I wanted a refund. I didn't want their service and had availed of no service.
Michael Van Cleef got a bit annoyed: "WELL I PASSED YOUR REQUEST 4 TIMES ALREADY, PROBABLY SOMEONE IS NOT MAKING HES JOB." On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 4:12 PM and then:

Hey Fiona,

I am not a compliance or finance representative.
I have forwarded your requests to the correct and appropriate departments.
Please contact me only for trading purposes.
Otherwise, direct requests to cs@maxcfd.com and support@maxcfd.com

Thank you and I look forward to you not bothering me again

Michael

And that's the last I've heard from them.
I have sent them some more emails requesting my money and pointing out the dangers of scamming/ defrauding but no reply. I will do my best to try to get my money back. But it's not just the money that bothers me, it's the fact that these people have no morals, they don't care who they hurt and will continue doing it to others if they are not stopped.
Two steps that you must follow

1st - Invite them to join this thread via email (Send an email to every possible address).

2nd - Invite him via Skype or any communications address you have.

If they did not come and reply here then message me I`ll suggest you more steps to get your money back.
Note: Share your account number too (Just account number) so you can have a solution soon.

My MaxCFD.com account ID: 2103032

I have invited them (I only have 2 email addresses).
I don't have skype.
They are ignoring me.
The "contact us" form on their website does not work.

Good news!
I received a refund today, they saw this thread, apologised,offered a refund and asked me to update you here .
I am relieved and want to thank you so much for your support and help in solving this issue. :)

Good news!
I received a refund today, they saw this thread, apologised,offered a refund and asked me to update you here .
I am relieved and want to thank you so much for your support and help in solving this issue. :)
It's always good to see resolved cases :) Yo AsstMod, can you mark this thread as a resolved, please?

Good news!
Hi Fiona,
Do I need to complete the forms they have emailed? They keep on forwarding the forms and ignore my emails.
MAXcfd Account ID: 2102827.

Back