Stories of those who went from losing (1yr or more) to winning (1yr or more)

alec12008

Recruit
Hi,

I am wondering if those who are now profitable trading for more than a year and have been losing money from trading during a year or more before are willing to let me/us know how they made it. Is there any particular change that made the difference?

Maybe there's already a thread about that I didn't found... anyway, I would really appreciate to have fresh stories and maybe get in touch with profitable traders to become one my self.

I could write so many questions I have but, I guess many traders trade differently and have ''their own plan'' so it's almost impossible to have a concensus... anyway here's some:

Do you uses paid software like eikon, metastock, ransquawk, bloomberg pro, etc ?
Do you trade fundamental or only technical ?
What is your average risk-reward ratio ?
How much time per day trading take you?
Do you have a written plan you follow?
How much % of your account are your risking/trade ?

Hope my english is fine!

Regards,

Alex

Exactly. Many don't have the patience to stay around until they start seeing some success.

The worst is found in many paying for EA's, systems, signals..etc and loosing their accounts that leads to taking a final decision of quitting this business.

Others had not invest much time on reading, testing, demo trading before going live, which quickens failure!

In this subject, can't give my personal experience since I trained a lot on demo tested many strategies before going live.

My accounts grew gradually despite changing some brokers after smelling scam, and complaining and getting my money at others...

Ofcourse, like any trader had my loss days, went crazy, thought the worst...!! but never of quitting since looked at my long term profitability that always exceeding:cool:

In fact, too many people give up forex because of the first failure, and I think it's a manifestation of weakness. The market is testing us all the time and I know for sure that it can be countered. The main thing is not to give up and always go towards your goal.

I have great respect for people who have been able to continue their journey despite some setbacks and some financial difficulties. That is why they become real professionals who can cope with many problems in the future.

It seems to me that each of us has experienced some kind of failure.
And that's okay.
And it works in any business.
If it were that simple...

Back