Trading is not Science

Rambo35

Corporal
I know most are aware that trading is not en exact science, but rather and art form. I decided to point that out as I read countless threads and posts where new trader are confused about why something did not happen despite an indicator suggesting otherwise.

Let's take the RSI for example, just because it trades above 70 or below 30 does not mean the price will reverse. Same holds true for any support/resistance levels and even down to pure price action where a price does not automatically reverse direction because of a candlestick formation.

Sometimes that happens, but other times it does not and to blindly enter trades because of any single signal makes no sense. You should take those events as a sign to further analyze the charts and yes that means you need to work and can't be lazy about it.

Trading is an art form which you may or may not be able to learn after years (that is with an 's' at the end).

If indicators are 100% accurate, brokers would become traders themselves:p

When trading with indicators, traders should also pay attention to the fundamentals since it would be foolish to make a sell trade just because indicators suggest so while fundamentals say otherwise.
For example, indicator suggest a certain pattern to indicate that the Aussie is in a bearish mood, but strong positive data are coming out of China. It would then be better to ignore the indicator and go with the fundamentals because the Aussie dollar is strongly correlated with China economy.

If indicators are 100% accurate, brokers would become traders themselves:p

When trading with indicators, traders should also pay attention to the fundamentals since it would be foolish to make a sell trade just because indicators suggest so while fundamentals say otherwise.
For example, indicator suggest a certain pattern to indicate that the Aussie is in a bearish mood, but strong positive data are coming out of China. It would then be better to ignore the indicator and go with the fundamentals because the Aussie dollar is strongly correlated with China economy.

Good One Rahman. Agree with you

Thank god for that because my bunsen burner run out of gas, beaker was turned into a bong and me lab burnt down:rolleyes:

If your perspective is "Dont enter cause it may or may not happen,and if it doesnt happen you may lose the 100% streak" then i disagree.
Sit down with your strategy , and the fundamentals , know its win ratio and if its fit , enter every time your strategy says so , and dont further analyse.The strategy is green light one , and no fundamental resistance is green light two"

Thank god for that because my bunsen burner run out of gas, beaker was turned into a bong and me lab burnt down:rolleyes:

On tonight's episode of Breaking Bad, Walt and Jesse steal all the gas from a rival's bunsen burner.

it's an art not a science, but it's an art you can improve through application of the scientific method.

(this refers to the OP's topic, not the entertaining but otherwise irrelevant suggested alternate uses for scientific equipment)

(besides, home distilling is funner)

alembic2.jpg

yeah... I did almost blow up my house once because of a primary still with a leak, which would have sucked...

Maybe try making beer or wine - those are less likely to burn down your house.

Back