Trading is not Science

Its a mix of both, your trading style could be an art, where as forex market is nothing without technology, which is a science....

Its a weird game where everyone is trying to outplay everyone else and gets screwed by their own psychology.

like pretty much anything, it comes down to discipline mostly. There's always the temptation to follow your gut instead.

Making trading suggesstions basing on imaginary charts figures seems to be pure gambling with self-sugesstion of building "trading strategy". Art is more associated with imagination and refers to making conclusions on it. As in my case I prefer science, calculations and digits to try to build strategy.

yeah but... the best artists are still disciplined.

And the rich artists plan their art scientifically...

Its a mix of both, your trading style could be an art, where as forex market is nothing without technology, which is a science....

Good one mate. I also agree with that trading is a good combination of both science and Art

Don't forget to throw a little psychology into the mix - both your own and the general sentiment of traders.

I think it's both as some people said, if trading is just an art than it will be too risky and less likely to help you win a good amount of money, so in my opinion is a mix of both science and art, and science can be confusing as well.

I think it's both as some people said, if trading is just an art than it will be too risky and less likely to help you win a good amount of money, so in my opinion is a mix of both science and art, and science can be confusing as well.
It takes a little bit of knowledge to know precisely, or at least approximately if this or that will bring as much, it's about intelligence.

Agreed with the mix idea. Art is something you feel and science is something you calculate.

Back