What do you dislike most about MT4?

Requotes is what i dislike the most when am trading in the MT4 trading terminal which just puts me off while trading.

i had an interesting conversation this morning at the asian open with a bank trader. but before i relate this story, let me just say that back in the day, when i was using MT4, that damned app would not even compute 1 SMA on daily properly. some kind of bug. most SMAs would show correctly except the 100 period or some other typical period. now that is bad.

back to this morning. there was another trader posting a chart showing the ichimoku cloud and when we checked with bloomberg and tradingview, of course, guess what: MT4 got it wrong--ichimoku was completely different that the one on bloomberg which was similar on tradingview as well.

so my point is: if you can't even be sure of which technical is computed properly or not, why the hell would you trust a platform like MT4 to give you an accurate view of the market?

and finally, this is what the pro bank trader has to say about MT4, which is what i have been shouting from the rooftops for god knows how long:

'yes mt4 is for retail traders - nobody at an institutional level uses it, and if they do they lose credibility instantly'

so if that is not enough to make you want to switch to a more solid and professional solution, then you get what you deserve.

i had an interesting conversation this morning at the asian open with a bank trader. but before i relate this story, let me just say that back in the day, when i was using MT4, that damned app would not even compute 1 SMA on daily properly. some kind of bug. most SMAs would show correctly except the 100 period or some other typical period. now that is bad.

back to this morning. there was another trader posting a chart showing the ichimoku cloud and when we checked with bloomberg and tradingview, of course, guess what: MT4 got it wrong--ichimoku was completely different that the one on bloomberg which was similar on tradingview as well.

so my point is: if you can't even be sure of which technical is computed properly or not, why the hell would you trust a platform like MT4 to give you an accurate view of the market?

and finally, this is what the pro bank trader has to say about MT4, which is what i have been shouting from the rooftops for god knows how long:

'yes mt4 is for retail traders - nobody at an institutional level uses it, and if they do they lose credibility instantly'

so if that is not enough to make you want to switch to a more solid and professional solution, then you get what you deserve.

Thank you i believe you whole heartedly Triantus -am stuck with trades and will work hard to trade out if at possible- thank you all again.

I really like this platform, much better than mt5, I think it's the best platform for trading, nothing to dislike

that's because you never tried anything better. how about tradingview.com? a webapp that has better UI (user interface) design and UX (user experience) than most desktop apps such as MT4.

or how about Sierra Charts? or MotiveWave which has even more capabilities and customization flexibility than the former 3?

I really like this platform, much better than mt5, I think it's the best platform for trading, nothing to dislike

Gentlemen of FPA,
I am not quite sure if I am in the right thread, but, at least the Top Title ( What do you dislike most about MT4? ) is close enough. Furthermore, I don't know if anybody will read this, because looking at the last writing, it was in 2013....
I am having an issue with my MT4 platform, which I obtained through my honourable broker, as a "third party provider ".
When I open the “New Order” tab for a trade, all looks good. I type in my Limit Order and S/Loss, then just before executing the trade,
I notice strange Sell / Buy numbers and when I look up to the Currency Pair Symbol box, I see a totally different currency pair.
At the beginning it was difficult to blame anybody , Broker or MT4, until I downloaded from TechSmith a software to capture a picture or even video, to have evidence.
Now I have plenty of evidence in the form of thumb size pictures.
After complaining to my broker, they said send us some evidence, which I duly did...quite few.
Their reply was, “ MT4 is a third party platform, hence we are unable to log into your MT4 platform “. Having said thus, they shrugged their shoulder and walked away.
I complained that it is their ( broker's) responsibility to look into “Third Party Actions” and their mischievous con artist tricks. Who is the master in the house ?
The brokers last remark was to uninstall MT4 and re-install it.
Gentlemen, what do you think of this unusual carry on ?
Is there a solution ? Would uninstalling MT4 and Re-installing, solve the problem ?
IF , anybody reads this message, please give me your opinion.
I do not want to blame my broker, because they have been honest and sincere with me. They helped
me out, whenever I needed their help. They were genuine and truthful at all times.
Attaching few snapshots, as examples.
2015-01-15_00-28-03.png, 2015-01-16_12-41-53.png, 2015-01-20_Euro-Tukish.png, 2015-01-21_GBP-NZD.png
Best Regards
Haig

Back