My Trading Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

notcher

Recruit
I opened an additional account with XM, I have several. I am trading intraday swing Expert Advisors, the EAs are nothing fancy and each EA has one or two rules.

My account has been validated after submitting a photo of my UK passport and a recent virgin broadband bill.

"Dear Valued Client,

We can confirm good receipt of your necessary Identification documents and that your account is now validated. We are pleased to inform you that you may now proceed to trade and perform all other account related functions.

Please note that you have been classified as a Retail customer in accordance with the Investment Services and Activities Regulated Markets Law 144(I)/2007 and the relevant directives issued therein. This classification has been made on the basis of the information that you submitted in the registration process regarding your trading knowledge and experience. Please note you have the right to request a different classification, either as a professional client or eligible counterparty. For more information please refer to the Client Categorisation section on the website.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any assistance or have any questions, and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind Regards,"

I want to use this journal to record my experience with the broker.

Last edited:
On 28th I received an email from XM's Stephanie Chakas

"Dear Valued Client,
Kindly note that I tried calling you but there was no response. Please let me know when it will be a suitable time to call you.
Best Regards "

My reply (salutations etc excluded):
1st email: "Friday after 14:00."
2nd email sent on Friday at 16:00: "I am no longer available this afternoon. When can you call next so I can make myself available?"
3rd email sent today after checking my mobile number is correct on the XM customer portal: "I have checked my XM account data via the XM customer portal, my mobile number is listed correctly. However, in case you somehow called the incorrect number, here is my mobile number (the same number listed on my XM account details): +447xxxxxxxxx or 07xxxxxxxxx (if calling from the UK)."

Early days but so far so good. Trading Gold Monday 2/5: profitable day. XM's price reflects the true underlying market. Fills are rapid.

Still no reply from Ms Chakas.

Ms Chakas has made contact but I have to work so couldn't take the call so I will send her an email with a good time to call:

Hi Stephanie,

I am now back at my desk until 16:00 gmt so if you want to call ASAP, I will be available.

Regards,

Ms Chakas has made contact but I have to work so couldn't take the call so I will send her an email with a good time to call:

Hi Stephanie,

I am now back at my desk until 16:00 gmt so if you want to call ASAP, I will be available.

Regards,

I was listening to XM videos and Bloomberg squeak (FOMC Mester speaks in 30 mins!) so missed another 2 calls (in rapid succession) so an apology is due:

emailed: "Sorry. ring again."

When I attempt to call the number I receive the calls from (02031502183) the following message is played "the number you are calling is not in service. Please check and try again." Weird.

Four Gold trades made today. Net loss due to a position size indecision I made.

The XM Gold price mirrored the actual market and slippage was negligible (0.2 of a point).
80% of the time the spread was between 0.516 and 0.403 of a point.
Spread high: 0.662 of a point
Spread low: 0.388 of a point.

Last edited:
Yesterday was a losing day (minor loss). The XM Gold price mirrored the actual market and slippage was negligible (0.2 of a point).

Yesterday was a losing day (minor loss well within the limits of portfolio backtest). The XM Gold price mirrored the actual market and slippage was negligible (0.3 of a point).

NFP day so EAs are trading very small positions as unsure of XM's NFP slippage potential and platform freezing probabilities.

NFP: The spread increased to 2.25 pips one minute before the NFP and returned below 0.6 pip one minute after the news. No platform freezing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back