AvaTrade.com (AvaFx.com) Review Visit site

Updated: May 16, 2017

September 2013:   AvaTrade has not been able to provide the FPA with information about how the company can tell what is a normal off-market fill vs. what is arbitrage.

Until this issue is resolved, the FPA recommends against using Forex News Gun software or any other news trading software with AvaTrade.com.

Related websites include PowerOption.com

Ava Trade, formerly known as AvaFx, is an online forex broker. Ava offers the MetaTrader4, Ava Trader, AVA Options, Mac Trading, and MT Mobile top online forex trading platforms. Avatrade.com offers over 60 currency pairs, gold, silver, oil, stock indexes, Bitcoin, agriculturals, stocks, and treasuries for your personal investment and trading options.

AvaTrade.com (AvaFx.com)

Case IDFiledCase nameVerdict
2013-0982013-08-12Tradetowin vs. AvaTrade.comresolved
2011-0112011-02-11M4re vs. AvaFX.comguilty

Join live discussion of AvaTrade.com (AvaFx.com) on our forum

AvaTrade.com (AvaFx.com) profile provided by Desmond McNulty, Apr 22, 2013

Ava was launched in 2006 offering online Forex trading. Since then it has expanded into offering CFD trading on commodities, stocks, indices & bonds. It is one of the world’s most popular brokers, with more than 200,000 registered customers and an annual turnover of more than $400 billion in 2012. New features for the launch of AvaTrade include:

• New & improved website utilizing the latest technology

• ETFs (Exchange-Traded Funds) added to Ava’s selection of 200+ instruments

• Mac-compatible Ava MetaTrader 4 available for first time

• MetaTrader 4 accessible as fully-featured web trader and smartphone app

• New training videos and free online trading course

• First CFD broker to introduce segregated client custodial accounts

SHOW:

Tel Avia, Israel
Apr 27, 2017

Good broker

I work with then more then one year.

Good support. No problem to withdraw the money.

They have online support on the site with chat

Pretoria , South Africa
Apr 7, 2017

Don't trade with AvaFX

I wouldn't recommend AvaFX to anyone now that I've seen how they operate I remember talking to the account manager he promised all sorts of bonuses that would be paid out to me and even today I'm still waiting on them. Besides those the account manager whose name is Roman Semens,doesn't offer any support whatsoever. They'll sell you the perfect things about their brokerage company at first but once you get in they turn the other way

Bali, Indonesia
Apr 3, 2017
Registed user

I open my own account Avatrade and used Paypal to send money where my Paypal account names in different with my name on the list Avatrade I feel trapped by an account manager named H. Simon, would be if there is a difference in name or anything. My money in turn to paypal but he paved so that my money goes into the account Metatrade in my Avatrade account. Now I ask for money in inverse hard not to play and always excuse Instead, he called me to move away from the fixed spread to new 16 FX spreads. And try to sell me to stay in Avtrade. Very true words rekan2 are already experiencing problems with Avatrade. Not responsible.

Mar 15, 2017

Did not get the help I needed to get start and money real accounts where there priority

I started reading the reviews on Ava Trading and called for more information. I wanted to trade penny stocks and learn there platform. I read there educational information and then went to the videos. All the videos were about Forex. So I called for more info. The lady told me that I needed to set up a demo account and even better a real account and someone will be assigned to answer the questions. I got a demo account. I call to get help and the person could not get me to where I wanted to start trading or tell what videos I should watch to learn the basics. After ~5 emails he stated that I can play around on the platform. I should start a real account and they will be better able to help.

Im moving on!

Philippines, Philippines
Mar 9, 2017
Registed user

App not working, loss occured

Good day,
My experience is that, I'M using avatrade android app, unaware that it is buggy and got errors, but its what I need because it says its easier to use, so I did. Now I opened an order, but, I have not yet placed any limits and stoppage, monitoring current events and technical perspective, I decided to place stop loss and limits, but this is what happened, Everytime I login via this App, it always Crashes, Im now aware about my opened orders,,time passed by, then after many attempts, I successfully logged in,, yeah, but to my dismay, my account balance were gone, because of Margin Call with my opened positions, I tracked the Chart when it happened, it should have been prevented if I'm able to log in, so is there a possibility for me to claim for refund? I did some research with the app and says it does got so many bugs, and AVATRADE even confirmed it, so why allow clients to use it? Risks associated with the app should be under avatrade, and any loss due to bugs, errors must be considered their liability,, Im testing this broker so that I can even publish and refer some , but NO, I emailed them and as FPA instruct, I'll wait for this week for them for updates,, I'll post back for any progress,, thanks

Mar 3, 2017
Registed user

I submitted a fund withdraw a month ago and I still have't got the fund yet, It looks like this broker is very happy to see you deposit money in and not willing to see you withdraw your fund. not recommended to anyone

Dec 14, 2016

Verification and support staff needs to get it together

Recently I tried to open a new account with this broker in my name (since first account was in another person's name). Ava trade has messed up on verifying my documents over 6 times now and has led me to believe I have been verified when actually I have not. I have been waiting for weeks for my account to be verified and have received multiple emails and talked to support staff that all say the documents have been approved then five minutes later will proceed to say, "sorry there has been a mistake you have not been approved, you should be approved by tomorrow". Then I will hear this same story the next day when I contact them again. I have had to send the same documents over and over. The amount of mistakes this broker has made is appalling and their petty apologies are meaningless. They have caused me to miss out on important trading opportunities and I would not want this kind of experience to happen to anyone else. The customer support offers little help and this broker really needs to get it together. They will take your money no questions asked then make you jump through all these hoops just trade with or withdrawal your funds. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this broker.

Worcs, United Kingdom
Sep 3, 2016

Avoid like the Plague !

In November 2015 I opened 2 x Forex broker accounts to run well known robots on

1 x account with Avatrade the other with XM.com

I started up robots on both accounts at the same time one evening (both funded with £200)

Next morning Avatrade account was emptied and XM .com account had healthy £6 profit !

I am still with Xm with that same robot, and most days it shows a nice little profit (some days robot does not trade at all)

Draw your own conclusions but Scam broker comes to my mind when i see Avatrade adverts !

Reply by AvaTrade submitted Dec 2, 2016:
Please email feedback@avatrade,com with your account details for further investigation
Quebec, Canada
Mar 6, 2016

Avatrade closed my trading account and informed me I would not be verified because I reside in Quebec: I was then denied of the profit I made but was told on the contrary that if I had made losses, my balance-losses would be paid to me........If Avatrade does not actually want to fraud traders, it should have denied them right at the point of registration once quebec is entered into the online registration form.

2016-03-01 1Star Avatrade closed my trade while I was making some profits, they refunded my deposit but no profit. I will not recommend at all

AVATRADE IS A SCAM, help your hard earned money by avoiding avatrade

Reply by AvaTrade submitted May 1, 2016:
This was an unfortunate issue which was sorted with the client. The client received all his funds. Due to regulations AvaTrade is unable to accept clients from Quebec. Clients that had accounts from Quebec received all their funds and accounts were closed in order to comply with regulators. Please note: AvaTrade is a regulated broker which complies by the strictest guidelines and follows its core values of integrity and excellent customer service
Sydney, Australia
Jan 29, 2016

AvaTrade Australia is offering the CFD for ASX200 index but you can't trade it until 11 am. Considering that the cash opens at 10am, all you can do is to watch for one hour how the price go up or down and you can't take any action.
Even worse example : ASX market was opened on 25 Jan but AVA had no quotes for ASX200 index?
Explanation given on the phone: everyone in the office took a day off on 25 as 26 was Australia Day public holiday ??? WHAT?? Really? So I was locked in my position till 27 Jan waiting for AVA brokers to come back from their long weekend.....
Tried to find any information on their website - it was a note that trading ASX index is closed on 26 Jan till 6 (am or pm??? anyone's guess).

SHOW: