• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss CityIndex.co.uk

General discussions of a financial company
I was with GFT Australia on their MT4 platform. A month ago, they closed down and accounts were transferred to City Index Australia, and I agreed to that.
The only way I knew the name City Index is that Ashraf Laidi used to work for them in the UK, and I would read his daily commentaries.
Back to the change from GFT to City Index, the changeover information they provided said they offered 400:1 leverage, but when I tried I couldn't change from 200:1 to 400:1, and their Live Chat rep looked into it and came back with the information that as I had a "native MT4 ac" I would be limited to 200:1, and if I wanted 400:1 I would need to apply for a new ac.

So I give them a minus for misleading information initially, and a plus for good Chat help, offering 400:1 at all, and being in Australia and regulated by ASIC. Now I have to decide whether to open a new account and transfer my cash to it, or leave them and stick with ICM, Pepperstone and Axi. Before I decide what to do, I'd value any other views & experiences with them. Thanks for any help.

I traded in live acc with $300/-. After my equity reached $430/- .I tried to close 4 trades which were in profit but even after 2 days of constant trying I could't close as I was getting the message"off quotes" After 2 days the equity dropped to $370/- still the trades are not closing. I never saw the spreads so high like City Index brokers.I have confessed 100% true.There is no meaning of trading with them.

Attachments

• Off Quotes.png
    Off Quotes.png
    85.9 KB · Views: 8
Back