Harmonic Trading by Lewis Glasgow

Harmonic Trading (11 July 2018)

AUD/NZD: Bullish Bat

Traders, today we have AUD/NZD on the 15m chart with a valid bullish bat pattern.

AUDNZD.png

The measurements for a valid bat pattern are detailed below.
B: 0.382 - 0.50
C: 0.382 - 0.886
D: 1.618 - 2.618
XA Retracement: 0.886

Price has yet to confirm the PRZ which consists of a 1.618 AB=CD, 2.24 BC and 0.886 XA retracement as the final ratio.

Once the final 0.886 measurement has been confirmed we need to analyse price action in this zone to determine the extent of the reversal.

I'd just like to say that I encourage discussion on this thread, if you have anything to add to the analysis I share then leave a comment below.

Click here to view my original analysis on TradingView.

Harmonic Trading (11 July 2018)

FTSE 100: Bullish 5-0

The FTSE 100 is shaping up nicely on the 4h chart, I'm expecting this bullish 5-0 formation to complete within the next few weeks at the 50% retracement level.

FTSE.png

The measurements for a valid 5-0 pattern are detailed below.
B: 1.13 - 1.618
C: 1.618 - 2.24
D: 0.50

We will be trading with a stop loss below the 0.618 retracement level at 7240. If we execute the trade, the target is 7896.

Harmonic Trading (21 March 2019)

Litecoin: Bearish Bat

Litecoin has now confirmed the potential reversal zone for the bearish bat on the daily timeframe, I've been monitoring the progress of this setup for several weeks and watched the C to D leg materialise. This opportunity is purely based on technical measurements and the reasoning for a market correction is perfectly logical.

download.png

Let's quickly review the previous price legs which lead us to the current price.

The price leg from A to B measured an overall increase of 87.99% over 32 days.

This was soon corrected by an exact 30% decrease in the B to C movement lasting only 14 days.

Our focus is primarily on the C to D leg which seen a 116.82% increase "ending" at the confirmation of the 0.886 XA measurement, this move lasted a total of 55 days.

My expectation is that we will see a near term correction to the 0.382 retracement resulting in a 24.82% correction. Ultimately based on whether the reversal takes place the optimal target is the 0.618 retracement with a 40.16% decline.

Pay attention to the structure shown below on the daily chart, this provides a basic indication of how price is currently moving.

obBrKLqg.png

Once the reversal takes place I would monitor the support trendline in order to confirm a continuation to the 0.618 retracement.

Harmonic Trading (21 March 2019)

EUR/AUD: Bearish BAMM

EUR/AUD is almost ready to go! Bearish BAMM setup has formed on the 4h chart, providing a trading opportunity with a 1:2.33 risk to reward.

download.png

BAMM trading setups rely on a valid bat pattern, you'll find the relevant measurements below.

XA Retracement: 0.382 - 0.50
AB Retracement: 0.382 - 0.886
BC Projection: 1.618 - 2.618

The time proportions of this setup are absolutely spot on so far, we'll revisit this in a few days.

Currently waiting for a break and close below 1.63100.

Previous Post Title Should Have Read "Harmonic Trading (02 September 2019)".

Harmonic Trading (03 September 2019)

Natural Gas: Bearish Bat

Commodities peaking my interest this week, we've got a textbook bat pattern on the 4h chart for Natural Gas that's in the final stages of the CD leg.

18bSjRXP

The measurements for a valid bat pattern are detailed below.

XA Retracement: 0.382 - 0.50
AB Retracement: 0.382 - 0.886
BC Projection: 1.618 - 2.618

There's a butterfly pattern on the 1h chart that aligns with this larger structure, we may utilise this for a lower timeframe entry once the bat pattern PRZ has been confirmed.

Looking to jump on this by the end of next week!

Welcome traders!

Here you will find detailed analysis across various financial markets such as currencies, commodities and cryptocurrencies.

My approach to the market is primarily based on technical analysis, using harmonic price patterns with a main focus on market confluence to depict my next move.

I regularly contribute free market analysis for various leading investing websites and from now on I'll be doing the same here for everyone at Forex Peace Army inside this thread.

If you have any questions about the analysis I provide feel free to leave a comment or contact me personally, I'll be happy to help.

Here's to your success.
Cheers Lewis

Apologies traders I've not been very active on FPA recently but you can expect more analysis from me in the coming weeks/months.

Harmonic Trading (07 February 2020)

CAD/CHF: Bearish AB=CD
Time Frame: 15 Minute Chart

Price has fully tested the potential reversal zone of the bearish AB=CD and it looks good to short.

3vEc95Pj

I was holding off until I saw a test of the 2.0 projection at 0.73485, which happened just moments ago. The main reason being is because of the small S/R range at the AB=CD measurement, price kept testing that upper limit at 0.73400 and finally spiked to test the final measurement in the zone.

This final push up to test the 2.0 projection aligns with resistance on the 1h chart.

nkP1hZz8

Finally, pay close attention to the support trendline in the chart above as we'll want to see price break and close below to confirm the move towards our first take-profit target at the 0.382 retracement.

Back