!!! New Traders Court !!! (2018 version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For new scam alert threads, the 96 hour countdown / time should be put near where the invite buttons are.

The invite button can appear, but it can be grayed out. And then when the user mouses over or clicks on it, it would popup a message that "The invite function will be available 96 hours after the thread starts (after 2019.12.15 @ 13:54)". In the mean time, please make sure you have submitted evidence to substantiate your claims and answer any questions senior FPA members ask. You can blur-black out any sensitive info."

So including the literal timestamp when invite button will be available.

I can Imagine how difficult and time consuming it for admins/moderators to manage this site. So I guess could not be helped but balancing acts need to be made.

My primary concern is that broker companies would not have as much urgency to try to solve each and every valid complain as when the individual traders court case is in place. This urgency, in my view, was largely due to any scam alert complain can possibly escalate to a court case against the company, where only 3 such case can lead to a scam label. Plain and simple, everybody understand. Time will tell, and you can track this from the data such as #complain/resolved cases etc.

what makes this site unique, and what made it one of the go to brokers checks for me is that there are transparent engagements between the brokers and the clients who have problems. More importantly, the sense of urgency that I could observe from the brokers to present their argument or resolve the case whether it was a misunderstanding, error or damage limitation. All these ultimately culminates and at the same time attributable to the hair-raising-gasps-inducing scam label feature on this site.

I would hate it if any changes made weakens or worse turn this site into another thousands review sites out there that assign some number of stars which has lost meaning ages ago to people. Thousand sites, thousand different stars assigned.

I can Imagine how difficult and time consuming it for admins/moderators to manage this site. So I guess could not be helped but balancing acts nizeed to be made.

Are you suggesting an alternative method of implementing the new court system? The current way is a lot more efficient for both sides. And transparent.

I would hate it if any changes made weakens or worse turn this site into another thousands review sites out there that assign some number of stars which has lost meaning ages ago to people. Thousand sites, thousand different stars assigned.

That won't happen anytime soon, as long as @AsstModerator still works here.

Are you suggesting an alternative method of implementing the new court system? The current way is a lot more efficient for both sides. And transparent.

Ah apologize for making the elementary mistake of not seeing that this thread was made a little over a year ago, I assumed that since this was updated recently, the changes was just being made. Having said that, I think it is a good idea, if you haven't already, to evaluate any notable changes periodically to ensure continuous improvement of the site. And considering this particular court system has been in effect for over a year, I presume you have enough data and first hand experience to do that.

For me personally, on top of my head, i am curious of the following:
  1. How's the #complaints/resolved case compared to the previous trader's court system? any notable difference?
  2. The eagerness of the brokers to engage in resolving each individual client's complaint, qualitatively (observations) and quantitatively (statistics such as the point above)?
  3. The # of companies went to scam label votes compared to previous system?
  4. The rate at which ratings went down versus scam complaints, biases issues as undisclosed weighting was implemented?
  5. HR wise, easier to manage now as expected or some other issues emerged as a consequence?
Of course some of the points above need to be controlled by other variables to be meaningful, but you get the idea

That won't happen anytime soon, as long as @AsstModerator still works here.
Exactly, everyone deserves a fair hearing as well as everyone does what is best and right. This way there won't be abuse of process in a any way.

Votes have been fewer. There's one that's overdue. That broker was effectively dead about the time it was going to go to a vote, so I don't feel guilty for delaying it. I've been pulling 50+ hour weeks dealing with other issues.

Check the Resolved Issues folder if you want to try to estimate how things are going. Overall, I think resolutions may have increased some, since I don't have to waste time managing a whole separate semi-private thread for each case. Currently the main issue is that many people don't fill out the invitation information, send the invitation, or leave a review.

I am pleased to see how the new weighting for threads drags down the rating more effectively than the old system did. If I can just get the coders to make the connection between reviews and threads closer to automatic, this will get more and more effective.

Even if the FPA later decides to reserve Scam labels exclusively for the most extreme cases, the FPA will continue to try to get issues resolved and to place warnings on review pages.

....Currently the main issue is that many people don't fill out the invitation information, send the invitation, or leave a review.

This can be helped by having a dimmed popup alert for the OP that reminds them to complete the invitation. And also the countdown timer where the invite / edit company info is. The cookie/script that controls the popup should expire temporarily after each 48-96 hour period and then check again. But it would also not trigger if the OP already has submitted invitation. 100% programmable.

A similar script to check for review submission from the user tied to the scam alert company would also help.

Check the Resolved Issues folder if you want to try to estimate how things are going. Overall, I think resolutions may have increased some, since I don't have to waste time managing a whole separate semi-private thread for each case. Currently the main issue is that many people don't fill out the invitation information, send the invitation, or leave a review.

This can be helped by having a dimmed popup alert for the OP that reminds them to complete the invitation. And also the countdown timer where the invite / edit company info is. The cookie/script that controls the popup should expire temporarily after each 48-96 hour period and then check again. But it would also not trigger if the OP already has submitted invitation. 100% programmable.

A similar script to check for review submission from the user tied to the scam alert company would also help.

I am proposing a visual aid that will be placed on top and bottom of all scam alert threads to solve this problem. It will be a mini New Trader's Court OP checklist that shows outstanding tasks to complete.

The checklist item that will have timestamps and links to the related activity.

- Submitted review of the company [URL to review or OP's review list]​
- Attached evidence of relationship to company [senior members can flag post url(s), multiple urls possible]​
- Invited company to thread [92:22:21 countdown until invitation opens] (Tutorial URL)​
- OP Acknowledged FPA Trader's court rules [link to "new traders court"]​
- OP's latest activity on thread: Last post: 2020.03.04 @ 13:55; Latest visit: 2020.03.05 @ 19:32​
-------------------​
- FPA Forum invitation sent to OP [date/time/forum post url, multiple urls possible]​
- FPA Forum invitation sent to company [date/time/forum post url, multiple urls possible]​

Here is an image on how this might look:

fpa trader's court OP checklist.png

Some additional scripting rules:

- Non-OP users will see an identical checklist also, but with no action buttons (because only the OP/FPA forums team can take action).

- This checklist can be immediately collapsed by all non-op visitors who are logged in.

OP must complete the tasks before the list can be collapsed (for the OP) Or if it is collapsed, that cookie would expire in 24 hours. The only way for OP to have permanent collapsed checklist is when all OP tasks are complete.​

- This also has a nice benefit. We don't have to search through all the pages to see when the OP completed invite, etc. It would be right there in one place with hyperlinks to jump to related forum sections.

- flagging evidence can also include a short description to type for each evidence. e.g. "account statement", "email reply 2019 may 06" . Maybe limit it to 25-30 characters per evidence. Only senior members would have this ability. And the description text would be hyperlinked in the checklist

This is a huge win for all parties and will greatly cut down on repetitive work! And make all pertinent information easy to find.

Everything I identified here is 100% programmable.

Is this real court? I have been affected by FX united scams and all the money gone forever? How the court can help the forex victim? Do you have any procedure so that the affected victim can file the cases.. and how long it will take if the forex have been seized and the culprits have been caught by the police .. and how real that we abe to get the money back?
Do they reveal the particular people in order for us to get the justice? Will it take forever till we die??

No, it is not a "real" court. The FPA Traders Court exists for several reasons...

1. The best outcome is when the FPA can help the trader and the company work together to resolve the issue. Many "scams" are really just easily corrected errors that happened because of poor communication. This is why inviting the company from the thread itself is a core part of the Traders Court. Getting communication restarted can help resolve many issues.

2. Some companies need incentive to pay what's owed. Your 1 star review backed by a Traders Court complaint in Scam Alerts can "gain weight" when calculating the final rating. If a company wants to maintain a good rating in the FPA's reviews, ignoring trader complaints is a bad idea. If a company gets too many of these, it can result in a scam vote, which gets the company a scam label on their FPA review page.

3. Your thread in Scam Alerts is also a good place to get advice on how to recover your money from serious scammers. Whether or not recovery is possible, it's also a place to get advice on which regulators and law enforcement agencies you need to complain to. If you've really been scammed, preventing those scammers from ripping off others should be a priority for you.

No, it is not a "real" court.

I disagree. It may not be a legal court, but it is a citizen/community court in every sense. I challenge you to find another rating system where victims are actually encouraged to bring their evidence forward and collaborate openly with the company. Where else do victims actually get their issues resolved?

Our "civil procedure" methods are often more transparent than many offshore and even some more developed country's law systems. And the results are much faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back