Account size to trade full time?

Of course novices would better start with a solid sums of money, however it will be very sad if they lose them all. I guess that everybody who consider trading as their new hobby or career has to properly count their accumulations and decide which part of it they're ready to invest. Your case is quite profitable if you thoroughly make a trading plan and create a strategy. Also, you in case you comply money and risk managements (I insist on complying it) then you can open a position with 50-100$ per trade. It can lead to a very good result in case you're quite experienced. As minimum you have a confidence as you've decided to start trading with such amount of money.

In my opinion, account size influence only the success of your trading activity, you know. I mean the higher deposit the faster you start get good money. For trading full-time you have to have a deposit at least 1-2k $ to make good money. Remember that first deposit accroding to statistics will be dumped because in case you're a novice you will make lots of mistakes even if you trained at demo. However, you are able to boost even your first deposit, everything is in your hands, you know. For me, whether its a part-time trading or full-time account size should be equal, I guess it doesn't depend on the way of trading.

I believe that this feeling will come to you naturally, after several years of part-time trading. Usually, people make trading their ful-time activity when they realise that they miss a lot of financial opportunities during the day because of their main job. This feeling can still be misleading, but anyway, I think that it is too early for you to reflect on full-time trading.

In my opinion you have to decide what sum of money you're ready to invest in trading activity by yourself. There are lots of professional traders who advice to invest in this activity at least 5-10% of your constant income. So, I'm sure that it would be enough for you to start trading and never afraid of losses. Some traders decide to give up evrything and invest all their accumulations in trading, I personally don't think that it's correct, because in case you will lost anything it can really affect your physical and mental health (stress, depression, sufferings and other unpleasant consequences). I guess that every novice has to decide miwsely which sum of money he is ready to invest from the point it does bring no harm to his/her financial situation.

It's actually up to you how much money you're ready to invest in traiding. There are no strict borders and you can deposit as much money as your broker allows. If you want to start with a small account then you have to find an appropriate broker, in case you want to start from a solid account then you may choose any broker you want. For trading full-time you should have a deep knowledge in tradiing in order to prevent you account goes negative. I think that 100$ is that sum of money which everybody can invest and I hope nobody will regret in case it will be lost during the period of your learning.

Sometimes we have 5% months, sometimes we have 20% months, sometimes we have 200% months... But you know sometimes we also have -20% months. Be prepared for months where you make nothing, its not a normal 9-5.

Ima think you shouldn't trade on fulltrade cauze you don't even know how much account size you need for it. Think about it...
Agree with you. Beginners have to think of how much money do they ready to invest in trading acitivty and from this sum they have to formulate and create their tading strategy. Of course, fulltrade doesn't mean a huge account size as well as part-time trading, but it really matters in case you're striving for some purposes which you set before starting trading. Guess that if trader want to make a 10-15 dollars per day he/she has to deposit a solid sum of money and don't forget that he/she will make lots of mistakes on his/her initial stages. We have to remember all the stuff about money and risk managements.

Well, account size for full time should be really big. Basically it depends on your location and how much money you need for a living. You can expect to make about several percents every month, so you can calculate it yourself.

How much are you trying to make per month? Trading is more like a side gig to me because I also spend my time chasing after my 3 small kids, so I've devoted a few thousand dollars in total but never made a huge investment into it because my husband makes enough to support us. If I were living solely off of trading income, I would have sunk a lot more into my account.

Entirely depends on what you are able to make on average over a decent time period. Then it will also depend on what your living expenses are. Personally I wouldn't look to trade "full time" in as much as have no other income stream. Only having a single source of income, no matter what that is, is unwise.

Back