10% Skill 90% Mindset

I do not think this ratio is reasonable if we give importance to skill just 10 percent then with a 90% mindset almost all traders should be successful because every trader comes to this market with the hope they want money not want loss.

Never forget this....work on the mental side!
Both strategies are important, traders need to manage and learn both of them. In the beginning learning and developing skills is more important and after that learning how to manage mindset and emotions is crucial. There is nothing like a win - win situation in forex everytime so both skill and mindset is important.

That is very true. Some people think that the only way they can make it in forex is if they have the skills. It is however more than just having skills. Your mind needs to be able to handle forex trading because there are some aspects of people that cannot be learnt such as making appropriate decisions within a short time period.

In forex trading your mind needs to be able to handle it. You may have the skills but it takes more than skills to make it in forex. You have got to be very keen on the details and then make many choices and decisions. If you have not set your mind right then you may let greed take over you even if you do have the skills.

I agree with the mindset comments but I still think there is a lot to learn and takes skill to be a good trader.

Not sure I agree with the breakdown, I think there is a higher level of skill required. In order to prepare strategies with good risk management you need to be able to analyse available data. I do agree that you need a good mindset also, this helps to time when to close the trade and when to hold.

Back