£100 initial deposit. What's the best lot size?

Forget about all the calculations. You can use this account only to learn how to trade, nothing else. You can`t expect to make some real money from it. So to answer your question lot size can`t be more than 0,01 lot. Be disciplined with MM(mone managment) and RR (risk reward).

Hello. I've been learning forex for months now and I'm still sitting in my practice account. I have set my practice account to be £100 and I use 1:888 leverage at my broker (standard acc), risking 1% and using 1:2 loss/win ratio.
I'd like to hear some opinions about what would be the best lot size in my scenario.

0.02-0.03 for regular trade, 0.08 for trades with exceptional risk

Using what lot size per trade depends on several factors. If you have a fix pound amount to be put on risk per trade, then you can adjust your lot size according to stop loss that trade needs.

I guarantee you that you are going to lose these 100 pounds in the next few trades, even with 0.01 lots.

Better to demo trade, and then start with $10k and upwards for anything remotely serious.

Using what lot size per trade depends on several factors. If you have a fix pound amount to be put on risk per trade, then you can adjust your lot size according to stop loss that trade needs.

Using what lot size will depend on your money management and risk management to use for trading. For easy calculation, it's better to determine SL and TP point first and how many percentage to risk in each transaction. Example : I risked 40 pips in each transaction and I risked 4% in each transaction. So, if I had $100 as capital for trading then I will risk $4 in every transaction. And if the SL point is 40 pips then it means the lot size to use is 0.1$ each pip.

Using what lot size will depend on your money management and risk management to use for trading. For easy calculation, it's better to determine SL and TP point first and how many percentage to risk in each transaction. Example : I risked 40 pips in each transaction and I risked 4% in each transaction. So, if I had $100 as capital for trading then I will risk $4 in every transaction. And if the SL point is 40 pips then it means the lot size to use is 0.1$ each pip.

Ideally that would be the best option for the traders to trade with 0.01 lot size which is 0.10$ per pips value. The more back up we have there are better chances of making good money in the forex trading business.

Minimum lot size is ideal (0.01), $100 is not quite good to carry larger volume. A demo test is essential.

If you have a good strategy, check for its winning rate, then fix a dollar amount that you risk per trade. In this way you will lose only that particular amount each time you lose. But your winning ratio will make your account bigger than previous.

Ideally that would be the best option for the traders to trade with 0.01 lot size which is 0.10$ per pips value. The more back up we have there are better chances of making good money in the forex trading business.

Yes, it's better to use 0.1$ per pip value when you're trading with $100 as capital because if you used 0.1$ then your account can hold until 1000 pips in floating condition and it is very safe to trade with account which can hold floating minus for at least 500 pips. It is better when you're using account with endurance 1000 pips in its movement. It's possible to increase the lot size when you had higher capital too but it can be done step by step.

$0.01 per pip gives you a lot more room to make trades if you are working with an account that small.

Back