• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss 10Kto1MM.com (Henry Liu)

General discussions of a financial company
First off, to clear things up here regarding my posts, I am NOT anti-Henry; yah! In fact, he is very much my senior in forex trading and for that I respect him.
Anything senior Traders have to post here at the FPA and elsewhere, I am interested as I want to gain more knowledge on the mechanics of how senior Traders execute their trade and, especially, the rational(s) for that trade execution.

Calp, I look forward to reading your trade statement as I am very sure I have plenty to learn from studying them.

Teodor, thank you for posting old Henry’s trade signals; yah!
At a glance, it looks like daily trades are placed between 1 to 4 positions with preset SL & TP.
After reading (in forums) some rational arguments against presetting SL, I have stopped (or very seldom) presetting SL as I too have discovered all too frequent being stopped out in mere 1-2 pips before market reversal. Guess old Henry there is trying to be cautious and taking only tiny bites off the forex market whist trying to limit potential losses too at the same time. Personally, I have also tried this type of strategy, but the profits realized is rather unsatisfactory and being stopped out by mere 1-2 pips before market reversal really sucks big time.

What size lot would those “10K” trade execution be?

I still say that if old Henry there wants to play safe but still give program participants some big returns on their usd10k investment, he should go for the Long Term/Investment type trading…i.e go in on 1-3 trade positions when currencies pair/commodities are on the high side and than wait for them to reverse. This way, he will achieve at least 30% profits at a time….and I am being very conservative in saying “30%” as it can go way, way higher.
Going in on the high side of a “Sell” trade does not necessitate presetting SL either as (going by past charts) you just have to sit it out and wait for expected market reversal…especially for currencies as no government wants their currencies to be over valued.
It can be true for undervalued currencies too, but I would stay away from speculating on that due to the case of the Lesson(?) guy who bankrupt one of the oldest British bank back in the nineties. He went in on currencies pair which he thought had hit rock bottom, but the currencies pair just kept on going down, and down until he probably got a margin call. I am not too sure of the details, as I was not into forex back then.

Ok, to all participants of the “10k to 1mm” program, all the best in your trading and I do hope you will achieve both financial and satisfaction gains from your investment….but hey, 24% gain is still way, way better than what any bank in this world would pay you for your fixed deposit : )…so in this sense, old Henry there is giving you good returns for your investment, but I think it will be a while before you become a millionaire though!

First off, to clear things up here regarding my posts, I am NOT anti-Henry;

Neither me ;-)

Don't believe me?
I criticized him a lot here and there...
As a trader. And I keep on it. Unless I'm presented with good trading examples. Never saw any.

But I RESPECT him as an analyst.
That's it.
And I adopted the core 10kto1mm approach (or pre-10kto1mm) - market sentiment trading combined with fundamentals. Then the tech stuff. Never mind the rest.
Especially this so called Money Management there...

Anyway, I mean the things he explained in his teasers - yes Henry, you gave it all for free ;-)
But I admit, you're dam good seller. And a marketer. Not sure which part is better... I still don't understand how I could withstand 50 min long videos...

I've put Henry into my very special category of people I can only meet if I have no cash in my pocket, no CC, not even a phone or any other online account access available. Otherwise everything wold go out...
These people are fantastic. Great companion. Never ending party... at someone Else's expense.

Anyway it works fine. I mean the true Henry's approach. Especially the pre-news sentiment in Sterling.
Some may argue saying the tech stuff is enough. Why to bother about the news? It's just a noise.
Well, if your timeframe does not exceed 48 hrs you can leave the fundamentals and just avoid the news. It works. Especially in scalping.
If you scalp, leave everything like this aside. Just make sure you avoid the news releases. About 10 min before and 5 min after.
But if you look for swing trades that I prefer, the market sentiment and fundamentals may become crucial.

That's how I get it and trade.
Well, it's not always that easy...

What size lot would those “10K” trade execution be?

0.8 standard lot in phase 1 no matter what pair traded.
Every new phase you add 46% to the previous lot size.
Why? Because this is the phase target is 46% of the initial phase balance.

But... then we come to some misunderstanding.
Because each phase target is both 46% and 575 pips.
How could it be?
If the pip value is directly related to Greenback this is true.
But when it comes to GBPJPY the pip value is over $10 and it's floating.
About $12 a pip at the moment. Your 8% becomes 9.6% all of sudden.
The next thing the risk is always calculated on fixed 100 pips SL. No any scaling if SL changed.
That's the key. Henry does not really adjust the risk while risking a lot.
He doesn't really care about the risk size.

Henry - there's lots of free risk calculators available!

This is the pip value against fixed lot size against fixed SL that made a lot of mess there... Which also contributed to muted results.

Hope this helps.

Teodor,

Hmmmm, I can actually sense your frustration in your post regarding old Henry’s trading “strategy”, but with a program entitled “10k to 1mm” for a program, it would surely raised participants’ expectation somewhat to see that 1mm in shortest time possible. And when that million only comes in trickles, well, it’s to be expected that participants will become impatience and agitated.

Yes, I whole heartedly agree that old Henry is an excellent analyst and teacher. I have watched a few of his video regarding trading the news and it struck me as like reporting from a full scale war zone…which is not that far dissimilar given that it is a battlefield out there in the forex world, and more!

With regards to that “…Every new phase you add 46% to the previous trade…and then….each phase target is both 46% and 575 pips…etc2”…to be perfectly honest, I wouldn’t last the program with that type of delicacies.
I still would like to review and analyze the actual Trade History though!
I have not traded with real investment money (>usd50k) yet, but with some “pocket change” (usd300-usd1,500) Live accounts, but I can realize 72-81% daily profits trading 0.1 lot size…but then, I blew up the accounts with opening one too many trades at the same time and going into margin call and finally forced closures.
At this very moment, 2 of my remaining Live accounts (with 2 different Brokers) are showing some very healthy profits and I am struggling to avoid the temptation to open not more than 3 trading positions at any one time.
With the help of God the Great Almighty, perhaps I might not even need to get out any of my investment money and just build that from these two Live accounts : )

Ok, all the best in your trading and do be vigilant out there!

My faith in Henry never waivered as we now have completed Phase 1. Henry's account is sitting at over 50%. My account will be at a minimum of 59.32% (if we are stopped out of this last CAD trade at BE) as we enter phase 2. Hot off the press here is Henry's email to us:

"[12:02] Henry Liu: [10K] Close 50% USDCAD 1.0245, SL @ BE, TP 1.06; AUDUSD TP'ed; GY SL 132 Hit; Phase I Completed :) [10K]

Congratulations! We've officially completed our Phase 1 :). Now we will hold on to the USDCAD trade and take a long needed break for one week...
We can all enjoy and celebrate Thanksgiving (if you celebrate it ) and focus what is important in our lives, our families.

I want to thank everyone for your perseverance, I know it was not easy, but it paid off... So enjoy it and clear your mind for the next phase, which will start next week.

I'll be sending out another email next week to schedule a Q&A for Phase II before we start, making sure everyone is on the same page.

Thank you,

Henry Liu"

I will post all of the trades taken in due course. THANK YOU HENRY..................

Glad to see at least one happy camper.
I am looking forward to seeing the actual trade history.

All the best to all participants!

Statement

RahmanSL, see if you can PM me or post an email address for yourself and I will let you see my statement. I do not want to necessarily publish it on this forum. BTW, Henry has reopened places for the 10k project for a very short time period following Phase 1 success. If you have'nt received an email from Henry and are interested in seeing his latest offer let me know and I will send you a llink.

Hi Calp,

I cannot PM you since your are below Private 1st Class rank, and I do not wish to post my e-mail here in open forum for obvious reasons.

So, it looks like we will have to wait until you have been promoted before we can PM each other.

All the best!

Henry Liu's $10k to $1m

Well done 46% in 1 month. Good and all. I have his live trades and it looks impressive. A bit low for his target, but the currencies are in a difficult trading time as we all know.
But good grief man. Imagine 200 people trying to withdraw 1M$ at the end of his year.
No broker can take these withdrawals. Henry knows this. That is why he charges big bucks into his bank account with new subscribers.
This is why I say " Good traders will NOT trade their own accounts" They will trade other peoples accounts and take their 4 pips plus %.
Anyone disagree?

Back