• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem 10p Slippage on Stop order/Scam or not..?

I am having an issue with a company
Status
Not open for further replies.

robbie99

Recruit
Hello,
I need help on a slippage issue: I had two stop orders in my account during normal market hours. The first one was a small order (1 mini-lot), the second one was larger order (full lots). The first one was filled exactly at the stop price, the larger one was filled about 20 seconds later with 10 pips slippage. Must this be considered as a normal execution or have I been scammed?
Thanks for your help
Robbie

It's definitely something you should complain to your broker about. 10 pips under normal conditions would definitely be excessive in my book.

Complaint was refused..

..I already tried to complain, but was refused several times. They refer to their terms and conditions, but they do not have an solid argument, why they have filled the larger order 20 seconds later with that excessive slippage. So what can I do now..?.

It would be hard to prove that 10 pips is a scam, even under quiet market conditions. If they refuse to correct the situation, I'd recommend leaving them a 1 star review and find a new broker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back