New Forex Stuff 2 algos that I wrote...

T0nT0nTrader

Recruit
Hello guys,
this is my first post on this forum and I am looking for advice.
I am a full time trader working on the forex, and the future and options french markets. I live...in France :)
My trading giving me a lot of free time (I am not a heavy trader) and having computer science background, I spent the last 2 years modelling and coding 2 of the strategies I use with the EUR/USD pair.
Those 2 "EAs" are now completed and they have been running 5x7 in one of my accounts for the last couple of months. The yearly return is in the 15% range and I built them with the core idea to protect my capital, so very tight protection systems are included in the code. Basically my philosophy has always been "before winning try to not lose". I also built a small website where I introduce them and publish their live performance.
Today I am thinking of making them more..."commercial" and this is where the advice part at the begining of his thread comes in.
Indeed, I have no clue if such software or signals derived from my algos, or managed third party accounts with them, could be of interest to people and where I should start, who I should talk to, etc....
So if you have serious recommendations to make, ideas to throw, even if you would like to try a pilot, well anything relevant, please let me know.
In the meantime, have a nice day.
Ben.

Very difficult to market any EA's without them seeming like scams.
Also, 15% a year will not appeal to most people.
Thanks for the feedback.
I understand your point regarding the 15%. I actually favor a good money management and a low DD for good performances (a 15%/year is not so bad if you're not willing to gamble but want to steadily increase your capital).
This beeing said :
- 15% and 5% max DD is per algo with my leverage recommendations, that makes us 30% in total.
- 15%/algo is an average; if you stop by my site, you'll see that after 2,5 months in real account, the performance is already at 22%. (2018 should be a good year)
- if your trading style is "aggressive" and you do not care about staying around 5% DD in your account, you can increase your leverage. For instance if you're ready to tolerate 15% DD in your account, your profit will increase as well and you will make around 45%/algo instead of 15%. Your account just needs to be able to bear it.

In the end, I think it is all a matter of choice and trading style. For the ones with big capital and willing to play safely to make that capital grow, 15% looks pretty good to me; for the ones with smaller capital willing to play more than invest...well they can play it roller coaster with high leverage.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the feedback.
I understand your point regarding the 15%. I actually favor a good money management and a low DD for good performances (a 15%/year is not so bad if you're not willing to gamble but want to steadily increase your capital).
This beeing said :
- 15% and 5% max DD is per algo with my leverage recommendations, that makes us 30% in total.
- 15%/algo is an average; if you stop by my site, you'll see that after 2,5 months in real account, the performance is already at 22%. (2018 should be a good year)
- if your trading style is "aggressive" and you do not care about staying around 5% DD in your account, you can increase your leverage. For instance if you're ready to tolerate 15% DD in your account, your profit will increase as well and you will make around 45%/algo instead of 15%. Your account just needs to be able to bear it.

In the end, I think it is all a matter of choice and trading style. For the ones with big capital and willing to play safely to make that capital grow, 15% looks pretty good to me; for the ones with smaller capital willing to play more than invest...well they can play it roller coaster with high leverage.

Hope this helps.
Yes if you have a large amount to start with then 15% is good, not so for smaller traders.

Yes if you have a large amount to start with then 15% is good, not so for smaller traders.
Like I said yes and no. You can use a small account and use high leverage, but your risk will increase a lot. It is not just in the context of my algos, it is a general remark. Small accounts will be way better managed with swing strategies, still using low leverage. But from my experience, people with small accounts usually don't do a lot of swing trading :), what they like is the idea to double their account in a few weeks, betting more than they should, taking their profits too early and letting their losses run. And that story always ends the same way...

Capture.JPG

Haven't stopped by for a while.
For the one interesed, I Just wanted to update you on a couple of things.
First, you'll find above the up to date perf of my algos : 45.82% after almost 7 months of trading.
Second, I've now made my systems available at mql5.com for 48 USD/month...here is the link https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/430635

Have a nice WE.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

don't know if this is the right place to post this (tried the commercial section, but looks like I cannot create a thread there) but I wanted to let the community know that after KproteKT and ApaChE (https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/threads/2-algos-that-i-wrote.55560/#post-337284) , I've released, at the end of last year, Pip Smoker, my aggressive EUR/USD trading algo, for the ones looking for a high performance/higher risk taking trading algorithm/signal.
If you want to know more, please visit www.malori.org

Rgds,
Ben.

Back