25 trade - strategy tester

holmzey

Recruit
Hi Guys,

I am just starting out and currently demo trading whilst testing strategies

I came across a video about testing your ability to stick to your rules/trade plan. By doing 25 trades and seeing if you can stick to all your rules without wavering. The aim is not to look at the money made, if any,just to review your ability to stick to the plan.

The rules should be relatively simple to implement.

Do you think this sounds like a good way to test yourself to see if you are ready to dedicate to a strategy. I have found this one of the toughest parts to trading so far sticking to the rules of a trading plan.

Yes, its very good way to test our own selves for first time learner, we can use demo account and implemented discipline with all rules trading setup, but I think will better not only for 25 trades only, practice longer time with fully discipline included use risk management setup, trading rules setup, money management setup, its will getting valuable lesson if practice more than a years, but almost newbie usually they rush to make money in real account because tempted forex is like as money making machine

I think Felix once recommended 50 trades to test, but if it's not working at 25 trades, then it's probably not going to be worth doing 25 more.

Unfortunately, this isn't how most traders try something new. They try 1-3 times and if it doesn't work, they dump it and try something else.

Another good thing about a large test. If you've got profits after 25-50 trades and kept careful records, you can go back and see if it may be worth making slight adjustments on your entry rules as well as your entry and exit strategies.

Thanks all for your responses.

I think if i can stick to it for 25 and its goes well i will extend to 50 before thinking about taking it live

This is really good way of testing ourselves and our will power to stick to the trading plan. Most of us lose because we deviate from our trading plan and make instant decisions only to lose money. Thus to be consistent profitable trader implementing this way testing with 25 trades is worthwhile.

Thanks for the post. Since you are beginner in the field so, I advise you to hire some professional expertise in the field. For Example you could hire the solicitor who can do the difficult work for you in this way you can earn more profit by doing little work. Thank you and have a good day.

Totally agree. The right strategy will help earn more money. We have to test it and make it 25 to 50 will help to proof in different market period time.

Hi Guys,

I am just starting out and currently demo trading whilst testing strategies

I came across a video about testing your ability to stick to your rules/trade plan. By doing 25 trades and seeing if you can stick to all your rules without wavering. The aim is not to look at the money made, if any,just to review your ability to stick to the plan.

The rules should be relatively simple to implement.

Do you think this sounds like a good way to test yourself to see if you are ready to dedicate to a strategy. I have found this one of the toughest parts to trading so far sticking to the rules of a trading plan.
Sounds like good advice.

Back