$250 stop loss for EURUSD (1 lot) is too big or too small?

$250 risk on a trade on EU is possible. But you can adjust your lot size to give your trade some breathing space. Using 1.0 standard lot will only provide a 25 pip room which is a bit less for EU trade.

$250 risk on a trade on EU is possible. But you can adjust your lot size to give your trade some breathing space. Using 1.0 standard lot will only provide a 25 pip room which is a bit less for EU trade.

Yes i have seen some of the traders who are willing to take that much risks in their trading but what we must never forget is that after a loss it becomes hard for us to recover the money :(

That is really very high risk in trading to set stop loss at much high pips that will involve $250 .This stop loss may hit and cause a great loss. With millions of capital this stop loss is some how suitable when you are eager to manage it accordingly.

Also you should keep in mind your free margin. If you have a small account you can quickly get margin call with 1 lot.

Also you should keep in mind your free margin. If you have a small account you can quickly get margin call with 1 lot.
Yes with small accounts trader has to choose risk for trading very carefully other wise he can face margin call soon or blow his account . Funds management is challenge for them .

I want to know, is $250 stop loss for EURUSD (1 lot) is too big or too small. I used this before (demo acc) and get mixed results. In the first day, it was no problem, my floating loss was at max $150 and I win around 7 trades. However, the next day, I lose 7 trades as well. For those who are experienced, what is the maximum stop loss and floating loss you usually get for your trade?
Its good for 100K account, but too risky for $1000 live account. For scalping acceptable SL is 0.1-1% from deposit, don't recommend more.

Its good for 100K account, but too risky for $1000 live account. For scalping acceptable SL is 0.1-1% from deposit, don't recommend more.

I would say that in doing scalping trades the amount of risks are high and we have to think about them also :)

Yes in scalping trader need a high experience and trading skill to manage their accounts..They should be quick in analysis making and decisions they are taking. It is highly risky trading style .

Back