• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss FAPTurbo.com (and FAPTurbo2.com and FAPTurbo3.com)

General discussions of a financial company
Thanks for opening this up,

What does everyone think about this bot? Is it as good as everyone says it is?

I've had it running on a $500 metatrader demo account for a less than day and it's at $650, it made 4 trades, 3 succesful with long term strategy (EUR/USD), and 1 unsuccesful with short term scalper strategy.

The only odd thing is that the pip difference for the EUR/GBP and EUR/CHF is always around 4, but the short term scalper strategy in the bot will not make trades on those pairs.

It's too early for me to judge, but i'm hopeful. I'd like to hear from other people who have this running on a live account

so far, the scalper on my REAL account has not loosed yet. I will however, be switching to ODL securities because then you will be able to trade three of the four scalper pais. the usdcad eurchf and the eurgbp. the spread on the usdcad at ODL is the lowest of any mt4 broker I've seen. 3 pips compared to the five at every other broker. and I've checked them all. those trades all paned out as well on the demo over there. when my balance gets to 2k at fxdd, i will go over there since the account is opened. it just has has to be funded. as far as the gbpchf pair goes. it is just not going to do well ever even though it's recommenced as one of the four scalper pairs. the spread is obviously way too high at 6-9 pips. they recommend 4 pips max on the spread which is why you're gonna see guys/gals trades not panning out as fast or as well. if there was an mt4 ecn broker, this would be the perfect thing. lower spreads on all four pairs. as far as the long term eur/usd strategy is concerned, don't bother. they should have made that a scalper setup somehow as well. my real account is up 13% in one week. no complaints here :)

I've had Turbo running on all pairs with the default settings since it came out last Tue. The scalper has averageed 10-20 trades a night, no trading on Fri, and last Thur was a holiday so slow trading. Almost all the trades close quickly with 5-15 pips profit, a few it gets stuck on, but it seems to have good exit strategies built in. Its closed all of its problems, very few, at breakeven or very small losses, 1-5 pips. However their web site does show some heavier losses, so appropriate Money management is still needed. I am waiting to see how it handles a real loser, max drawdown and exit loss.

I dont believe this trades the London session as Shawn stated, unless different robots trade different times periods. This would be an interesting control. My robot trades within 2 hours of the New York close, 5pm Eastern time +-2hrs. This sets it up for frequent rollover interest. This is not a problem with most of the pairs offered, but the GBPCHF has a higher rollover rate than the others, plus Wed is triple rollover. So it might be wise to restrict trading to long only tonight. I've had this pair set this way all week.

I'm very interested in testing the FAP EA on a smaller trades. A freind who is running the original FAPS, with a 20 pip profit target, had 29 successful trades since Sun, with no losses, and this was two days ago. He set his own stop loss (150 pips) because the original didnt have one preset and had big problems because of it. There are a few more differences between the two, aaa 13, and bbb 14, the indicator settings, as well the Turbo has the two moving average settings, and the hedge settings.

Fantastic robot, it seems to work on its own very well.

I would like to be able to run FAP EA on more currencies, like the original, and the FAP Scalper durring other time periods, but so far these controls are sealed in the source code.

Ken

Ken,

What broker are you using with FAP Turbo? I am using FXDD.

I've had the same results as you for the most part. It is running on default settings with set lot sizes (no MM).

The scalper has done really well (although it hasn't been trading as often as yours has). I have had two big losses with the scalper of around 60 pips, but the other one or two losses have been really small. That could have been due to a larger spread.

Also, I agree that the long term strategy should probably be tested with smaller profit targets.

John

hello,
i am testing on demo and live and it works fine so far.
Anyway i always monitor manually ALL opens trades on live account.
I use Money Management "True" that way ot does not overtrade as i depens on how much funds you have in your account.
I have set Risk Reductor to 10 (bit aggresive)

What i did no understand if the Stoploos/takeProfit/trailingstops works also in scapler mode or only in long term positions?
Anyone have tested this out?

Thanks

roberto,

From what I understand, the settings that you mentioned (Stoploss/TP/Trailing Stops) only work for the long term strategy. I'm not sure that you can set those parameters for the scalper.

roberto,

From what I understand, the settings that you mentioned (Stoploss/TP/Trailing Stops) only work for the long term strategy. I'm not sure that you can set those parameters for the scalper.

ok thanks "johnskates".

will going to test this also with an ECN broker soon.

The user inputs is divided into the two sections. Stops and targets etc are in the second section Fap Turbo EUR/USD M1, not the Scalper section.

I am still on a Forex Meta demo from the premier of the Auto Cash Robot. But I plan to open accounts at FXDD as soon as possible, and fund them by the end of year. I need to get the Steinitz on an account of its own. The two are trading side by side on one demo right now.

The Steinitz will remain on demo until I can prove it a bit better. I have lots of ideas for that one. Its got great potential, but is extremely complicated. Most of the people who complain havent taken the time to learn all the parameters, and certainly arent managing the drawdowns. They want the program to do everything while they have fun.

Turbo Scalper seems to manage its own positions pretty well. I'm still waiting to see the big drawdown.

The FAPS EA is also doing well. It had a very slow start to this week. The EURUSD was very flat for three days. Finally it broke out and FAPS closed three trades at 140 pips each. All the open trades appear to be within range.

got to go

I'll check in this weekend

Ken

Ken,

I have the Steinitz EA also and agree that it's very complicated. It might take a small army of demo accounts and people to test all of the possibilities in a timely manner. Not managing the drawdowns associated with that EA is not an option...they can get pretty large if left alone.

As for the FAP Turbo long term, I have turned it off. The scalper seems to the best option for me at the moment until I have more time to test the long term settings in more detail after next week. Time is limited for me because of my job, so I have to choose my battles.

Have a good weekend.

John

Back