3BlackCrows Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

3BlackCrows

Corporal
Hi all,

Thought I would make a record of all my trades and start a journal (all the experts say I should so I guess I better!!!)

To start with, the following trades were placed yesterday (1st Oct)

So that you know I'm not simply cheating by looking back at yesterday and looking for a trade, you can find the exact same trade in the Forex Factory Forum.

You will see the time of the post coincides with the 1st trade and the time of editing the post coincides with the second trade.

A few details first:

All trades are on a live account with EFX.
Trades results do not include pip spreads, commission or buy/sell premium rollover rates (if any)

Amounts used are 50,000 for high risk trades (against the trend) and 100,000 for low risk/high probability trades.
<----Sorry this was an error. This was the formula written down when I was 1st starting to trade which has since been amended due to money management. All trades now are a standard 100,000 unless trading 2 pairs simultaneously. Occaissionally 1 standard lot will be used even if trading 2 pairs if I believe a trade will be a homerun. Sorry for the confusion but only just noticed it----->

Trades are a mixture of day and position trades.
Occasionally more lots will be added to trades when the situation warrants it and will be indicated as such.

Ok, on with the show!

1st trade:
1st October 2007, 1am EST
Short 50,000 EUR/USD @ 1.4261
S/L: 1.4284

Trade Closed on 2nd Oct 4:20am EST
Price: 1.4193
Profit/(Loss): 68 pips

2nd Trade:
1st October, 3:30am EST
Short 50,000 GBP/USD @ 2.0474
S/L: 2.0504

Trade Closed on 2nd Oct @ 4:20am EST
Price: 2.0389
Profit/(Loss): 85 Pips

Will update as trades progress

Happy trading! :)

Last edited:
trade journal

Very nice 3BlackCrows, I will look forward to reading these! Are eur/usd and gbp/usd your primary currencies of choice?

Hi Plato :)

EUR/USD is my favourite currency so I primarily trade that pair. The signals can be trusted and it's moves can be quite predictable and you can trade with tighter stops. This is the pair whose overall movement I am in sync with the most.

GBP/USD tends to be quite volatile, the signals can't always be trusted.

However if I get a very good signal at the right time, I will take the trade as it tends to move twice as much as EUR/USD (as you can see by the profit difference of both the trades just completed)

A great example was the explosive move GBP/USD made on Friday. The signal couldn't have been more perfect for me but the stop required was a little steep for my taste so I only traded that pair. That trade netted me around 220 pips but unfortunately can't count it here as it was made before this journal began :(

I will on occasion trade any other pair as well provided signals are setup on my daily charts. They are usually position trades

Anyways just made another trade so better post it before time ticks by too much

Good Luck! :)

Last edited:
Just made another trade. Here are the details:

Oct 2 2007 4:20am EST
Bought 100,000 EUR/USD @ 1.4193
S/L: 1.4168

Trade Closed
Oct 2 2007 Approx 6:45am EST
Price: 1.4168
Profit/(Loss): (25 Pips)

NOTES:

Closed and reversed previous trade.

Not overly confident on this one but a pretty good signal was given and you have to pretty much pull the trigger no matter what when you get a signal. Overall long term trend is long hence the 100,000 lot size.

Will give this one about 12 hours and see what happens.

Overall though the currency looks extremely overbought and I can smell a medium term reversal from long to short in the air

P.s. I noticed the link in my previous post was removed. Sorry if I broke the rules. However if you want to confirm the validity of the last trade, it's in the journal section under the same thread as this one.

Last edited:
Trade

Oct 3rd 2007 2:20am EST
Long 100,000 EUR/USD @ 1.7170
S/L: 1.4146

Trade Closed
Oct 3rd 2007 3:30am EST
Price: 1.7178
Profit/(Loss): 8 Pips

Last edited:
Trade

Oct 3rd 2007 3:30 EST
Short EUR/USD 100,000 @ 1.4178
S/L 1.4197

Trade Closed
Oct 3rd 2007 8:00am EST
Price: 1.4197
Profit/(Loss): (19 Pips)

Bit of a stinger that one. Was right about direction but price hit my stop, travelled 2 pips more then reversed

Last edited:
Hey bro,Thanks for your trading style.
Well for me im more into hedging and my returns are explosive and also the losses.But i will always hold the trade untill it is profitable.Therefore i hardly use stop losses and hardly make any losses.For hedging,you gotta have a big balance left,otherwise you could be wiped out of the trade bcoz of margin call.

Hi Patter, thanks :)

Your system sounds very interesting :)

Would be very interested to see your trades - why not join me and start a journal?

Trade

Oct 4th 2007 12:15am EST
Long 100,000 EUR/USD @ 1.4087
S/L: 1.4069

Trade Result:
Oct 4th 2007 9:00am
Price: 1.4069
Profit/Loss: (18 Pips)

Hmm very interesting. Another one that was on the right side yet passed through my stop by 2 pips then reversed.

Very strange as this has only happened to me once before (being stopped out then reversing) not twice in a row.

Just to be cautious no more trades will be posted.

Instead my weekly results will be posted at the end of the week with a snapshot of my brokerage statement as proof.

Call me paranoid and I'm not shouting out ''Stop Hunting'' from the rooftops just yet, it could just be commercials and large specs pushing prices around or news travelling further than expected but will see how things progress.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back