5 day ny close charts

Status
Not open for further replies.

cklayus

Private, 1st Class
Does every brokers offer 5 day ny close charts on mt4?
How can I tell if mine does?
If i dont see sundays on my charts does that mean that my broker is using the ny close chart?

In New York time, forex markets open on Sundays at about 5 pm and close Fridays at about 5 PM. Depending on your broker's time zone, you may or may not show the market as being open at all on Sunday.

What this means is that your daily charts will vary from broker to broker.

In New York time, forex markets open on Sundays at about 5 pm and close Fridays at about 5 PM. Depending on your broker's time zone, you may or may not show the market as being open at all on Sunday.

What this means is that your daily charts will vary from broker to broker.

Ok but I need to see the the chart as MOST traders see it. The question is what is the time frame the majority is using?

Ok but I need to see the the chart as MOST traders see it. The question is what is the time frame the majority is using?

I wish there was a real answer to that question, but there isn't. One trader will swear that "most" traders use one time zone and another trader will swear that "most" traders use another.

The only way to find out would be to find the time zones for all brokers and then figure out how many active traders each one has. Even this will vary over time.

This is why Fibs on a daily chart (and a 4 hour chart) don't work so well in a 24 hour market. Different brokers start the day at different times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back