6 Ways To Tell If A Perfect Broker Review Is Fake

AbuHol

Recruit
You can always fairly accurately tell when a positive review is fake:

1) They always give the highest perfect rating (which is impossible for any broker to be 100% perfect). This is done to increase the overall rating of the company.

2) Their review is very brief.

3) Their review is generally vague and generalized. A positive review written by a real customer usually writes more info and in a different writing style.

4) Not always, but sometimes the review will have hints of a sales pitch such as briefly describing their services.

5) There is rarely any mention of any of the typical broker cheating problems (which is similar to point 2 and 3 above). If they did make any mention of those cheating issues, it therefore becomes an admission that they aware of cheating methods. This is a form of reverse psychology; they are admitting via avoidance.

6) The final point involves you, the reader of the reviews. Ask yourself this: Haven't you noticed that perfect positive reviews aren't that helpful? Those reviews just imply the experience with the company is great, but no other info is provided.

Seriously, do these fakers thinks the public is stupid?

Please add to this list if you have more points.

Whoops, I forgot a good one:

7) If the positive perfect reviews are on discussion forums, the fake ones will be users who generally have 1 - 5 posts under their name. Often just 1. True customers tend to partake in discussions throughout forums and make many posts. Fake customers tend to come to the forum only to make just a positive review of their company and never partake in forum discussions.

Once again, I look forward to hearing some of your points.

Btw, I'm a newbie here!

:)

Last edited:
Fake Ratings

The FPA tries as much as possible to weed out fake ratings but the truth is that this cannot be 100%.I quite agree with you to a large extent but their are people who are not used to writing many words as well as making lengthy speeches.Ratings that contain few words are not necessarily fake.

The problem is that a lot of reviewers seem to only want to give best or worst possible ratings. Also, a lot of them aren't very good at descriptive writing.

I think your list is a very good one for spotting reviews that aren't very helpful, but other than the sales pitch hints and the part about forums accounts with only a handful of posts (always pushing the same broker), it also describes the typical review from a new trader who gives either 1 or 5 stars based on how well the first day of trading went.

Back