• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss WBTrading.co.uk

General discussions of a financial company
I've looked into this outfit with an intention to signup, there are, however, too many 'Red' flags.

The business is run by a 'William Brown'

- WBTrading.co.uk has no WHOIS information linked to the domain name, no name, address, phone number etc.
- There are no address details, phone number, company registration numbers etc on the website.
- 'William Brown' has a facebook and linkedin page, again no photo or real contact details.
- There are very few negative reviews, which would indicate that they are fake.
- Contacted a few people on FB who posted one of their many positive reviews, none of them have even responded or even read the messages, so that would indicate that they are fake accounts, created only to write reviews.

Do your own research but be careful with this one.

Would love to see if there are any actual real happy customers out there.

Actual customer here.

OK so I joined back at the end of March and rather than go 'all-in' thought I would start with one strategy; see if that worked and then look at additional ones. I opted for the GBPUSD strat. I was attracted because I like the idea of trading first thing and using a system to decide to enter a trade or not and then set your stop loss and move away from it.

My money management has been super strict and I'm not greedy normally looking for 1:2 risk to reward ratio. Starting bank was £1000 and I did get up to £1280. Currently I'm slightly down at £920. You don't trade every day because if the setup isn't right you don't enter. That said whether you do or don't you aren't staring at charts for hours which is what I like.

So what do I think? Well first, bad timing, with Brexit looming and it has been for some time there has probably never been a worse time to be trading GBP/USD! Its been pretty flat for days then busts out of a range all of a sudden. Will does seem a straight up kind of guy but I have noticed a few detractors creeping in on twitter so to be honest I'm not really sure.

Someone mentioned it feels like flipping a coin and questions if there is a real edge, at this stage I can't really say it does feel a little bit like that. Need to get Brexit out of the way and see what happens then.

If you are on the fence I would say stay there and see what develops. I would watch some of his free content on youtube because there are some nuggets in there.

Actual customer here.

OK so I joined back at the end of March and rather than go 'all-in' thought I would start with one strategy; see if that worked and then look at additional ones. I opted for the GBPUSD strat. I was attracted because I like the idea of trading first thing and using a system to decide to enter a trade or not and then set your stop loss and move away from it.

My money management has been super strict and I'm not greedy normally looking for 1:2 risk to reward ratio. Starting bank was £1000 and I did get up to £1280. Currently I'm slightly down at £920. You don't trade every day because if the setup isn't right you don't enter. That said whether you do or don't you aren't staring at charts for hours which is what I like.

So what do I think? Well first, bad timing, with Brexit looming and it has been for some time there has probably never been a worse time to be trading GBP/USD! Its been pretty flat for days then busts out of a range all of a sudden. Will does seem a straight up kind of guy but I have noticed a few detractors creeping in on twitter so to be honest I'm not really sure.

Someone mentioned it feels like flipping a coin and questions if there is a real edge, at this stage I can't really say it does feel a little bit like that. Need to get Brexit out of the way and see what happens then.

If you are on the fence I would say stay there and see what develops. I would watch some of his free content on youtube because there are some nuggets in there.

Hey there,

Actual customer here as well, I purchased the DAX and HTFBB 'Edge's', Are you free to chat further on the subject? Compare notes etc.. I was looking to get the GBPUSD edge also but I couldn't justify more money on something I didn't really know anything about. I'm just over a week in, had a nice setup on the DAX today, the HTFBB is on a bit of a losing streak but also has some trades running in profit which I'm optimistic about.

I look forward to chatting.

Hey there,

Actual customer here as well, I purchased the DAX and HTFBB 'Edge's', Are you free to chat further on the subject? Compare notes etc.. I was looking to get the GBPUSD edge also but I couldn't justify more money on something I didn't really know anything about. I'm just over a week in, had a nice setup on the DAX today, the HTFBB is on a bit of a losing streak but also has some trades running in profit which I'm optimistic about.

I look forward to chatting.
Hi there, I purchased the GBP strategy and I'm so very sorry I did. It's a London Breakout Strategy, as unoriginal as can be. Have a look over your charts and see how many times this strategy is successful. Unless you have nerve to hold out for 1:3 it won't benefit you. In my opinion, WBTrading is a giant scam, I don't advise anybody to spend any money on these so-called "strategies".

Trade Records are NOT included, in William Brown's world 'trade records' are excel sheets, created in hindsight. Proves nothing about the actual success of these useless strategies.

I've looked into this outfit with an intention to signup, there are, however, too many 'Red' flags.

The business is run by a 'William Brown'

- WBTrading.co.uk has no WHOIS information linked to the domain name, no name, address, phone number etc.
- There are no address details, phone number, company registration numbers etc on the website.
- 'William Brown' has a facebook and linkedin page, again no photo or real contact details.
- There are very few negative reviews, which would indicate that they are fake.
- Contacted a few people on FB who posted one of their many positive reviews, none of them have even responded or even read the messages, so that would indicate that they are fake accounts, created only to write reviews.

Do your own research but be careful with this one.

Would love to see if there are any actual real happy customers out there.
I am a highly dissatisfied customer of these useless strategies, I wouldn't advise anybody to spend a penny on them.

1. DAX - punted as 'set and forget' - ideal with people with jobs. Not at all true. In 76% of cases, your initial entry is unsuccessful and a further entry is required, all of this on a 5m chart. So if you're actually busy at your job or on the road, you will miss the second opportunity. Only those who have all day to stare at a 5m chart will benefit from this "strategy". Highly misrepresented.

2. GBPUSD - this is nothing else but a common London Breakout Strategy. I really expected something more original for the price.

William Brown says he supplies his "trade records" - this is rubbish. He supplies excel spreadsheets of what "could have been" if every trade opportunity was executed, with columns for 1R, 2R and 3R. These are 'ideal scenarios' created after the event, a far cry from a trade record.

Yes it’s a complete scam, I suggest you head over to TrustPilot and add your review there, he takes notice of those reviews, as he obviously pays a lot for the positive ones.

I lost over a grand with him, that’s not including the money I lost trading his strategies as well!

Yes it’s a complete scam, I suggest you head over to TrustPilot and add your review there, he takes notice of those reviews, as he obviously pays a lot for the positive ones.

I lost over a grand with him, that’s not including the money I lost trading his strategies as well!
Hi FingerFlyer

Review added to TrustPilot. Didn't realise you had purchased any strategies from him? Did you try to engage with "William Brown" about a refund? Problem with PayPal is that it automatically declines all refund requests on digital products. Unsuspecting newbie traders are screwed, and "William Brown" laughs all the way to the bank, living it large on our money, whether the strategies suit our lifestyle or not.

Ironically, I suspect he's altered his DAX strategy after I highlighted a serious flaw in his so-called 7am "London Open" entries. I don't think he even knows the London Exchange doesn't open till 8am? 7am London time is the Frankfurt Open, and market makers will always use the London Open volatility at 8am to shake both longs and shorts out of their positions before taking any direction. 76% of William's UK 7am entries are losses, better to wait till after the real London Open at 8am - but of course, this would take away the entire selling point of his strategy - a 'set and forget' opportunity presenting itself at 7am UK time, ideal for those with day jobs. What rubbish.

Another reviewer here pointed out how William frequently adjusts his way of trading on both the DAX and GBP strategies without updating those who purchased his so-called mechanical strategies. This make these strategies not at all mechanical and entirely discretionary, and totally misrepresented.

Agree totally with you. What an enormous scam.

Yes he adjusts his way of trading all the time, I have never received a single update from him.

no I havent tried to get the money back, it’s gone been stolen by another forex guru. Hopefully people will stop falling for it and he will shut it down.

Yes he adjusts his way of trading all the time, I have never received a single update from him.

no I havent tried to get the money back, it’s gone been stolen by another forex guru. Hopefully people will stop falling for it and he will shut it down.
I notice he now advertises on YouTube and lures traders via a fake hour-long "webinar" where he pretends to engage with an online room of traders - no trading education whatsoever, only slides of feedback from his "students". Cringey.

Back