You will never buy an EA after watching this video

Wow! I knew backtesting could be over-optimized, but this takes backtest fakes to a whole new level.

Can you forward test it for a few weeks on a demo account? Otherwise, some people may still think it works.

Wow! I knew backtesting could be over-optimized, but this takes backtest fakes to a whole new level.

Can you forward test it for a few weeks on a demo account? Otherwise, some people may still think it works.

Hahaha yes the backtesting wasn't optimized at all and this is a new kind of fake that I am worried some people may be using to trick naive traders into buying their worthless EAs.

The whole idea of the EA is based on some stupid and twisted candle patterns. I don't think that forwarding this strategy would be useful because the whole premise of this crazy strategy is based on something that doesn't make any sense at all.

I am preparing another backtest using the same EA "The Worst EA Ever" to show some ridiculous results: "From 10k $ to 1.2 Trillion $" in 3 years with a spread of 4 pips. People need to realize that those backtest results are so absurd that they are not worth anything at all.

I'm still waiting to see a profitable EA. Never seen one that wins long term.....

I'm still waiting to see a profitable EA. Never seen one that wins long term.....

The market is efficient. Even if an EA is profitable for now, it will be profitable in a short time only. It will soon become unprofitable because the market is changing and there is no system (as far as I know) that could stand all the changes.

The market is efficient. Even if an EA is profitable for now, it will be profitable in a short time only. It will soon become unprofitable because the market is changing and there is no system (as far as I know) that could stand all the changes.
Hi ForexDebunker,

The idea that a profitable trading will necessarily become unprofitable in the long run is simply not true.
Freely traded financial markets (Forex, Stock, Futures...) are not random, they generate what the mathematicians call "fat tails", so any simple trend-following system with a sound money management will be able to consistently extract money from these markets.

Hi ForexDebunker,

The idea that a profitable trading will necessarily become unprofitable in the long run is simply not true.
Freely traded financial markets (Forex, Stock, Futures...) are not random, they generate what the mathematicians call "fat tails", so any simple trend-following system with a sound money management will be able to consistently extract money from these markets.

Hi unixon,

Thanks for your interesting idea. It's true that the market may not be completely random but from my experience (which is limited) trading systems can make short term profits easily but long term profit is probably not going to happen especially if the system is taking a lot of trades. I haven't seen any trading system that is making profits in the long term consistently but I would love to be proved wrong..

Back